A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018, 4:09 pm

Mihai frowns the more Konrad explains. He has stopped chewing altogether and is just staring at the thing on the table.

"................."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

Steve blinks several times while he processes the reveal. He then slides over a little and leans in to get a closer look at the weapon without picking it up. "Is it loaded right now?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm

"No. I'm not going to demonstrate, as it makes an alarming sound when operated. Not as loud as a ship cannon, but significant. I was inspired with the idea during a certain fierce naval battle," he explains, being deliberately vague in the presence of the white mage.

Careful, Konrad. You nearly let it slip in front of Zenobiusz about the Elementals. "Enemy" works just fine in this context, but be careful.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm

Whoa. Steve picks up the hand cannon, takes a deep breath, and starts peppering Konrad with questions per usual while he studies it. "You said it takes practice to aim, have you been practicing? What's your effective range? How much force is this putting out? How did you keep it from exploding in your hand? How long does it take for you to reload the hand cannon after you fire it? Did Breeze help you make it? What's the weapon's name? Are you planning to enchant the ammunition like with arrows and quarrels? How many versions of this did it take to make this version? What kind of maintenance does it require?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Oct 2018, 8:53 pm

Konrad remembers the questions, but has trouble answering them in the order that they were asked.

"Um, this is the first version. I drew sketches, then weaved each part separately, and this is what I assembled with the final parts. It doesn't have a name. It takes about 20 seconds to load. Breeze helped me test it, I made it myself. I have been practicing, in the weeks between its first construction and our final job, using Breeze's bubble of silence. The range is about 30 feet. I can enchant ammunition, and I do plan on it. To make sure the round fires and doesn't get stuck and possibly explode, I have to make sure I load the right amount of powder into the barrel for significant force to eject the bullet..."

Konrad then answers the questions about force, stopping power, and gun maintenance, and while he does, Rory throws the Wikipedia page at Kolson.

Flintlock Pistol stats:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 10:20 pm

Nadzieja examines the ‘hand cannon’ from a distance and listens attentively to Konrad's descriptions of its capabilities. Zenobiusz is a little more excited about this unusual weapon however. "Will you be using it during the Tournament?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 10:27 pm

"If I need to, yes. I just might need to." He looks at Nadia while he floats everything he pulled out back beneath his coat. "Let me know when you're available to chat."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Nov 2018, 1:44 am

The rest of the party goes to rest while Konrad and Nadzieja go to another room similar to the one they just left.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6