A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 11:37 pm

The fairy lowers his head, a gloomy expression on his face. Anne licks her lips and speaks up. "Jacob...? Are the Elementals doing this because you escaped?"

"...I think so," he says. "They couldn't find us with the summoners they have under their control, so they're doing this instead."

"This will mean war," the Emperor adds. "If the Emerald Kingdom declares open rebellion against the Imperial throne, others are sure to follow. The Myrzens have always valued their independence, and the merchants of Lofell will jump at the chance of selling weapons to all sides of the conflict. It won't take long before the Kingdom of Osprey and Lorinth follow suit."

"And once the war is over, the Elementals will come finish the job," Marcus Riddle grimly states. "That's the gist of it, right?"

Jacob slowly nods.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 11:46 pm

"So... don't give Emerald a pretext to rebel, basically? Sounds like it'll be a lot harder in practice." - he pauses for a moment before continuing - "Changing the topic for a moment, Your Majesty, but between Spheres and Orbs, how is another Ball going to shield us from the Enemy? Doesn't seem like we can just keep them all out."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:12 am

To Nick and Smirk's first question, Kieran Hammerfist says, "Your only mission is to bring Howe and his family back to Medial; preferably without causing a diplomatic incident, but it might be unnecessary by the time you arrive there."

The Emperor shifts in his chair and briefly winces in pain because of his back. He then answers the second question without missing a beat. "Howe experimented with a miniature version of his Shield and discovered that it—" He hesitates. "...‘Absorbed’ all the magic inside it. Well, almost everything except for the Core."

"I'm not sure I'm smart enough to understand, your Majesty," the Colonel says.

"It will kill all the Elementals. In fact, there won't be any magic left inside the Sphere once we activate it."

"...Oh. Well, that sounds exactly like what we need."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:16 am

"Nein, not so easy. Magic allows society to function. May not be monk anymore; Anne no mage. Smirk not live."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:18 am

Smirk freezes once he hears the Kill all Elementals part. He looks at Nick. Nick looks back. They both share the same look of fatalistic horror.

Then in response to May - "Yup..."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:20 am

Wow. "Maybe we can use it on their territory. If we can neutralize most of the Enemy there, it might force them to surrender."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:36 am

The Emperor shakes his head. "Sadly, the Enemy isn't confined to Shadowstep."

"I've seen them travel above ground with the help of Water and Air Elementals," Jacob confirms. "And... I think some of them are already on other islands."

Hammerfist sighs and massages his temples. "We also need to build the Core in a secure place, beyond the reach of the Enemy." He turns to look at Nick and Smirk. "...I know what I am asking of you two. Will you help us?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 12:41 am

Nick and Smirk hold that gaze for a moment. Then they both look down in resignation, and Smirk smiles and shrugs - "It's that or become their mind-slave. Or just sit quiet somewhere and wait for the End." - his look changes to determination - "Guess i'd rather go on my own terms. Yeah, i'm in. Mute-boy's shy, but he's in too."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 1:04 am

Nick feels someone's hand on his; it's Anne's, and she's smiling gently for him and Smirk.

"Thank you," Hammerfist says while bowing to them, albeit with some difficulty. "Both of you."

Edward is momentarily stunned by his Emperor's gratitude, but his mask of impassivity quickly reappears.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 2:57 pm

Smirk finds himself at a loss for words. Nick too, but that's normal.

After a second, they awkwardly bow in response.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 10:18 pm

Sam briefly looks over at Nick, commiserating on his choice, then back to the emperor.

"Your Majesty, do you want us to make a move against the king if we have an opportunity?"

Knowledge Politics 23
Did Finlay Howe have any enemies or intellectual rivals who would have opportunity to move against him in Emerald? Most especially, any green mages.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 10:31 pm

Sam:

Colonel Riddle glances at Samantha, somewhat confounded by her question, but keeps quiet.

"I very much doubt you'll get one," the Emperor remarks,"but if you do, do not try anything. King Axon's plan can't be stopped, and Howe's safety is paramount."

He looks at the squad members and wait for any other questions they might have.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 10:36 pm

"Your Majesty, i'd like to ask Jacob to make us some Spares. In case we run into any more Green Mages out there, using an Orb seems optimal over using a sword."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 10:38 pm

"Has a cover already been planned for us, or is that up to us? Will expenses be paid for us, or is this out of our pocket?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:00 pm

"Jacob?"

The fairy nods at the Emperor and stands up. "I will be coming with you all," he says. "And if you need any orbs, I'll be there to make them for you."

Marcus appears concerned when he learns this. "Are you sure?" he asks. "This is going to be very dangerous, for all of us."

The fairy doesn't hesitate and answers immediately, albeit nervously. "I'm sure. You might need me."

"...Very well."

The Colonel doesn't raise any other objection. The Emperor focuses his attention on Samantha next.

"Edward will give you the details," he answers. "We will of course provide you some funds to assist you in your mission."

The Imperial Guard motions at a satchel he's wearing on his belt; whatever is inside must be intended for the squad.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:04 pm

"Is Howe's lab in Emerald then or is he there visiting his family?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:07 pm

"He's only there to visit his family; his mother and his younger brother. You'll have to bring them back too."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:10 pm

"Vere are they now?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:21 pm

"They should be at their home in Voluptis. We already have ISA agents in the city, but we can't trust them." He sighs. "Any of them could be under the influence of the Enemy."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:26 pm

"Are ve sailing directly there or are we using some other method? How vill ve get them out of the city?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:30 pm

"It's up to you," Hammerfist says. "More precisely, it's up to Colonel Riddle."

Marcus replies nonchalantly. "I'm sure we'll come up with something Your Grace will find adequate."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:32 pm

Nick looks at Jacob again and thinks of something. Smirk speaks up - "Shield goes up, what happens to the Fairies?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:40 pm

"I think I have a good theory. Any mage caught inside the magic shield will lose the power to manipulate magic and the elements, but the Enemy's elemental makeup is magical in nature. Because fairies were once humans, they might just be stuck as tiny versions of us. A mage or a fairy would survive and be unable to cast, while the Enemy would be destroyed, I hope."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:49 pm

This time, it's Edward Fox who answers the squad's question. "I've examined the fairies' anatomy, and while I can't be sure yet..." He briefly glances at Jacob. "I believe that Samantha is right. They would survive the Sphere, but lose the ability to fly."

It's probably not the first time the young fairy has heard this, but he nevertheless is uneasy about it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:52 pm

When she hears some corroboration for her thinking, Sam breathes a sigh of relief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next