A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 8:55 am

Kolson wrote:
Zelk isn't the only one who sighs in relief. Steve even manages to laugh a little. "We are getting paid. I can't believe it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 8:56 am

K wrote:
Mihai casts a curious glance at Zelk.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 8:56 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Me neither," adds your handler, who immediately goes back to reading.

"...I may have recommended that you be paid," reveals Zelk.

"We're getting paid?"

"Yes."

"We're getting paid!"

The fairy starts to fly happily around the room under the amused gaze of the rest of the squad and Fedler.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad whistles. "I know. He had me worried there for a moment."

He shoots a frown toward Zelk. "You put the 'entity' in your report? Color me curious, but were you looking forward to spending the rest of your life in a padded room?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"So, when he asked Steve that pointless question just now..." - Mihai muses
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 8:59 am

Zeiss wrote:
Zelk is impassive to Konrad's criticism. "What about you?" she retorts. "I've heard you've been working with a fairy."

"That's simply bonkers," adds Fredrick. "Fairies? No such thing exist."

"Hey, I exist!" interrupts Breeze.

"Oh my," remarks Naomi, feigning to be surprised. "A fairy."

"Looks like a doll to me," says Adam.

"I'm cuter than any doll you've seen," replies the fey creature.

"Eats a lot more too," comments Fedler.

"Oh. Now I'm hungry..."

"So, when he asked Steve that pointless question just now..." Mihai muses.

Zelk makes a point of ignoring that disguised question.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 8:59 am

K wrote:
Zelk makes a point of ignoring that disguised question.

Mihai makes note of that and lets it go.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"You're claiming in an official report to your superiors that we're hearing voices," Konrad answers, ignoring the mocking tones for a blink, and adding rapidly, "Meanwhile fairies aren't invisible, in fact they go out of their way to make themselves known to the world whether the world wants to be bothered."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:00 am

K wrote:
"Maybe her people just trust her." - Mihai snipes in
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:00 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve moves to stand between Zelk and Konrad. "That's quite enough of that. We all know it's true and it would have been the height of irresponsibility to do or say otherwise. Now leave Zelk alone."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad glances over at Mihai, and back to Steve. Me be thinking you're standing between the wrong people. "Fair point, the voices are real. But real or not, how do we know they'll want to hire us again after we've confessed to hearing them?"

"You've got friends in the military who trust your sanity right here, but I don't think the general's of them."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:01 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve looks at Konrad incredulously. "...Were we even at the same debriefing? How did you come to that conclusion?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:01 am

K wrote:
Mihai sighs at Konrad - "Expert opinion from meeting the man but once. Can you just shut up and let it go?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Kolson Wezrae wrote:
Steve looks at Konrad incredulously. "...Were we even at the same debriefing? How did you come to that conclusion?"
"My point is it was risky." He looks past him at Zelk.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:02 am

Zeiss wrote:
Zelk sighs with irritation. "Ignoring the fact that the general trusts me and my team, I'm duty-bound to tell the truth to my superiors. We also witnessed Snicker's power when it influenced the pirates, the deceased monks, and you." She glares at Konrad. "Are you afraid they'll put you on a leash again?"

The rest of the squad, as well as Fedler and Breeze, look at the red mage, feeling the tension in the air. Sonlake ignores all of it, completely absorbed by the report.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:02 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad eyes Sonlake, who is still reading. "At ease, soldier, there's nothing for it now. I just don't want people speaking for me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai just gives Zelk a glance, mostly wondering if she'll let it go.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve just stares at Konrad with a WTF expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:03 am

Zeiss wrote:
Anger flashes in Zelk's eyes. "Don't you say 'at ease' to me, you lowlife scum!" she spits out. "Of course you would question my decision to tell my superior; you don't know anything about trusting other people, not even your own comrades."

"That's no true!" timidly intervenes Breeze. "He trusts us."

"Not enough to admit he's a pirate!" she retorts, looking at the fairy. "Not even to you, right?"

That shuts the fairy up. Sonlake interrupts the argument right at this moment. "That's enough. These are legitimate concerns coming from Mr. Granger, even more so, if the world wasn't changing so fast. Here's your report, Lieutenant Freeron."

He hands the document back to her, which she swiftly grabs before she storms out of the room without saying another word. As he puts his hand on the knob to close the door behind him, Adam nods one last time at the party. The adjunct is then left alone with their handler. Breeze is looking down at the ground, feeling morose, while Fedler appears unruffled by the previous exchange. Sonlake is rubbing his eyes, still processing the information he just read.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:03 am

Rory wrote:
"I know plenty, I'm just more careful," he retorts as she takes off. As the door shuts, he shrugs. At least the boss understands.

"I gotta go take care of something. You coming, Breeze?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:04 am

K wrote:
Mihai nods back at Adam. Once they're alone, he looks back at Sonlake. - "Anything in there sound familiar?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:04 am

Zeiss wrote:
breeze doesn't have time to answer.

"Not so fast, Mr. Granger," says Sonlake, preventing the red mage from leaving. "We still have a few things to discuss."

Mihai wrote:
"Anything in there sound familiar?"

"No, not at all."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad pulls out his pipe. It's not lit, but it's a subconscious effort to show that he does not want to be here right now. "You have the report. We met some artificial, sentient constructs who have agreed to open up to us tentatively by contacting me through the mail in less than 2 years' time. It's not optimal, I know, but they are sentient. Otherwise, we'd be no better than kidnappers."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:05 am

Kolson wrote:
If looks could kill Konrad would be a smoking heap of slag on the floor right now. "If that was all he wanted we wouldn't be here still." He doesn't add you idiot but it might as well be there from his tone.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 9:05 am

K wrote:
Mihai squints, not very well convinced, but he'll just wait for Sonlake to say his thing, so they can get paid and get out of there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next