A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020, 11:36 pm

Carlos considers for a moment, then asks - "F'it ain't one o the big three, who do ya reckon could be pullin' the strings?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan 2020, 11:41 pm

The dragon nods at Hunter's agreement, even as she answers Carlos, "I don't know and that worries me. An unknown third party means unknown backers and capabilities right when we need them least. But for now, focus on getting to Fallcrest. We'll cross that bridge if we get to it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 12:02 am

"Cool. Who would have thought we'd have so much to do before we even arrived..." He trails off. "Ma'am, you used to travel with Archmage Cyra, and Ser Quarion the Valiant, right?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 12:07 am

Taibi is caught off guard by the question and a number of emotions pass over her face about it. Surprise, sadness, and curiosity. She finally says, "They were my traveling companions for a time and I am proud to name them friends. What about them?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 12:30 am

He pauses. "Uh, what's the story behind that? What was Quarion doing on the mortal plane at the time? How'd you get involved?"

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

Deception 7
That isn't really the question Hunter was going to ask, and he's covering it up. He considers it rude now.

Insight 10
Was Taibi's reaction the kind that says they were more than friends?
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 12:44 am

Deception Check Failed:

Insight Check ???:

Taibi smokes on her pipe for a while, thinking about what she'll say. She finally blows a great cloud of smoke from her nose and the temperature drops noticeably, "If you want to know something so banal go find a bard. Or maybe just get to your real question and let's be done with it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 1:13 am

Caught like a rabbit in a snare, Hunter squirms under the irritation of the "dwarf", and then shakes his head vigorously. "No, I'm sorry. It was morbid, and rude, and I've thrown us way off. There's something else I wanted to ask, if you'll permit me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 1:18 am

She looks mollified and settles back into her cover identity. A pressure lifts from all of you that you didn't realize was there, giving truth to the warnings about her "filling up the space." She says, "Ask then, but I promise no answers."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan 2020, 1:31 am

Hunter visibly feels better as the air feels less...constrictive, somehow. He tries not to sigh audibly with relief. "This talk about killing pieces of a god got me wondering: do you know of any way to, uh... well, bring a dead god back to life?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:18 pm

Taibi shrugs and says, "No, I don't. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible. It would just be very hard. And you'd have all their enemies trying to stop you and maybe even the god or gods that took over their aspects, depending on who it is. About the only thing you'd have going for you is that you might be able to get help from some of their old allies or worshipers."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm

"Oh. Well, thank you anyway. Will we see you at Meredith's Place later?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm

"No, I can't afford to tarry for long," she says, snuffing out her pipe, "I'll be leaving as soon as tea is over. Speaking of which..." She points behind you to where Sophia is running towards you all as fast as her little legs can carry her.

The little girl yells, "Tea time! Tea time! Mommy says to wash up!"

Sylvi smiles at the little girl and says, "Just in time you are, little dragon, I was just tellin' them they should wash up for tea but they keep puttin' me off."

Sophia puts her hands on her hips in her best impression of her mother and says, "No tea until you wash!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:44 pm

"Uh... Sure, we'll go take a bath then. The tea might be cold by the time we come back though."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:47 pm

Hunter coughs. "Uh, I think she just means hands and face, Kat."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm

"Oh good, ya've no idea how long the beard takes ta dry."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:51 pm

"Oh, I see. Ha ha, silly me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 10:59 pm

"I'll make sure they get washed up good and proper so go tell you mom we'll be along shortly," says Sylvi.

"Okay!" The little girl returns a wave from Zoe and then runs back towards the cottage.

"Best head for the bath then for a quick bucket wash," says Sylvi, pointing at the Nerathi Bath with her pipe. As you guys start walking towards the bath, you notice you have time for another question.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:05 pm

Kathryn walks up next to Taibi as they head for the bath and asks her, "I'm sorry, this might be a long shot, but I was wondering if you knew anything about the Thief? The legendary one I mean. He was recently reborn and they might be able to help me free Lady Eninahes of her curse. I just have to find them."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:15 pm

Taibi grunts a laugh and says, "You actually want to find them? I never would have pegged you for being suicidal. But yes, I've known a handful in my time. They are all the same soul, but entirely different people every time. They can be your best friend or worst enemy depending on how things turn out. It's easy for that kind of power to corrupt if that incarnation lacks fortitude or strong connections to others. As to how you find them, you can't. Right now they are just a baby, it's highly unlikely their powers have manifested at all," says Sylvi. There's time for a followup if Kat wants it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:25 pm

"Hmm, I thought so. Might be years before I talk to them then... Oh, one last thing; do you know how someone can be connected to them? Because the first time we learned about them was when Carlos looked into the White Well to see into my future, but saw the Thief constellation disappear form the sky instead. In fact, I think the constellation disappeared at that exact moment too..."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:33 pm

"Aye."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:40 pm

Taibi stops walking and grabs Kathryn's arm gently to stop her. The worry on her face is evident when she says, "Fey Knight, listen well. If you two share a karmic connection then you need not worry about finding the Thief--you'll naturally be drawn to each other through fortune and happenstance. This puts you in grave danger. You must stop asking about this in such a direct manner or it will draw all the wrong kinds of attention to you. Anyone and their mother with an ax to grind will see you as the perfect bait for their old nemesis and others will start asking why you share this connection in the first place, and that answer might end with you killed or worse. Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan 2020, 11:50 pm

The young northern woman blinks at the dragon's warning, caught off-guard by this sudden revelation, but nevertheless nods her head in understanding. "That's, uh, good to know. Thank you for telling me. And here I was, ready to ask everyone about it... I'm lucky that you're the first I asked—not counting Lady Eninahes, of course."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2020, 12:03 am

"I just hope I was in time," says the old dragon, "but you are right to investigate your connection. So please don't be put off by my warning, just be smarter about it. The Thief has strong connections to all the planes, including the Feywild. Since you have influence there now through your own station and patron, make use of it. Arrange for permission to do research at one of their great libraries. Look for similarities to yourself in the stories you find there, and through that you may just come to understand your own connection to them."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jan 2020, 12:06 am

"That's a good idea," Kathryn says with a smile. "Thank you. I'll make sure to get right on that as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 27 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next