A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd adventure: Rebirth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:20 am

"Zelk, this is ridiculous. The threat is past. He was given the all clear earlier by Breeze, they aren't going to do any better than that and you know it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:24 am

Konrad isn't particularly bothered. "Maybe we could convince your boss to let us take him at a later date? When he feels sure that Saemon won't cause any trouble."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:33 am

To Steve, Zelk says with the sternness he knows her for, "I have orders to follow. I'm not the one making this decision."

Then to Konrad, "Maybe. You'll have a chance to explain the situation yourselves; we've also been ordered to take you to the military headquarters so you can give my superiors a report on what happened in here. Don't worry, your handler will also be present."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:34 am

"Who will be taking care of Saemon? All the staff's been evacuated."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:38 am

"We have a team on standby," Zelk replies. "They'll come in as we leave."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:39 am

"Let's go, then."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:39 am

"I wonder how often it is that you meet a government official cowering inside a panic room. I'll bet the councilor was relieved to see men in uniform than thugs pretending to play soldier," he wonders, curious at how their meeting went.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:41 am

"The Councilman?" inquires Fredrick. "He didn't seem the cowering type."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:45 am

"Yes, not very often. Mr. Nori's got backbone. He didn't give you any trouble, did he?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:50 am

Fredrick and Naomi look at each other, a little surprised by this question. "No," he says. "He's not that type of politician if that's what you're asking."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 12:55 am

"......." - Mihai looks back and forth between them, looking a little thinner in patience than usual.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 1:00 am

"Good to hear. Well it's time for us to return to headquarters."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 1:07 am

"I know, I know, I just don't like it." He frowns. "Can't you, you know, frown at them and stuff till they let him go?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 1:15 am

Zelk stares at Steve for quite a while before she gives him a deadpan answer. "I'm always frowning."

She then walks outside the room.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 1:25 am

"What? No way. When you got here you practically melted in my arms. It was like-" He switches to a bad falsetto voice and hugs himself in an exaggerated manner, "-Oh Steve, I'm so happy to see you. You are so brave and handsome and I'll totally do naughty things to you later after I get Saemon released" He switches back to his normal voice and ends the fake hug, "That's exactly how it happened you guys. Right Frederick?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 5:07 am

Mihai walks out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 7:47 pm

Fredrick concurs. "That's what it looked like from where I was standing." Zelk immediately dart her eyes on her subordinate, who hesitantly gulps down some saliva and adds with a shaky voice, "I mean- it's just- you looked like you were having a good time." The lieutenant narrow her eyes even more. Fredrick finally lowers his head. "I think I'll shut up now."

Satisfied, Zelk faces forward again and leads the party away.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 10:16 pm

Konrad grins at the spectacle.

"Hmph. Mihai leads and we must follow, it seems. Come on, we need to go and meet with that team on standby." A certain someone's relative is waiting to be claimed.

Once outside the facility, he will light his pipe and smoke.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jun 2017, 10:21 pm

Steve goes uncharacteristically quiet as he nods in agreement with Konrad and falls in with the others. He's not looking forward to that part.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 12:25 am

It is night outside, and there's snow falling.

The 113th adjunct is faced by soldiers, police officers, and a few Coins mercenaries; over 100 of them. Judging by the number of torches and braziers, they've formed a cordon around the asylum to prevent any sort of escape by the patients, and by the looks of their weapons, they were ready to use lethal force if necessary. It's business as usual for Zelk and Fredrick, who lead the party away from the crowd and guide them towards the high district, where the military headquarters are.

The party pass by another group of men and women who are waiting to enter the dungeon; soldiers, mages, and doctors, all prepared to put the asylum in order. But once they pass by the soldiers and police officers who are staying outside, the party members notice that they are the center of attention; whatever these people have been told, they know the 113th adjunct is responsible for putting an end to this incident.

After only a few minutes of walking, the asylum is now far behind the party. A quick look around the streets is enough to tell that a curfew has been imposed by the government officials, and no one except the police or the military is authorized to walk outside at the moment. The only thing you can hear is the crunch that your boots make as you walk in the snow.

Soon enough, you arrive at the military headquarters. It is a large building, three stories high. The guards at the entrance let you and Zelk pass through once she shows them her armband. You don't even stop at the reception -which still has a secretary at the desk despite the late hour- and you are lead towards the stairs. Once you've reached the third floor, you are then taken to a small waiting area.

"I have to report to them first," Zelk explains. "After which you will do the same, one by one. It should take a few hours, so be patient. You will be offered some beverages and snacks while you wait."

"The chocolate cookies are not half-bad," Fredrick comments with a smile.

"Come on Fred."

"Yes ma'am."

They walk through two large doors and leave you one. After a few minutes, a man comes to serve you with the promised beverages and cookies. He will stay with you for as long as you wait.

Zelk and Fredrick do not come out of the room. Once it's your turn to report, you realize why; they've left through another door. At a large table are seated three people; the General you've met at your debriefing for the Kira Paddle mission, who introduces himself as Aaren Shaw; the Councilman you've met in the asylum, Meneo Nori; and your handler, Sonlake Dermold.

You are invited to sit down in a lone chair set right in front of them, and the General then begins to ask his questions.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 10:00 pm

It is now past 2:00 AM and Breeze, the last party member to give her report, joins her colleagues into the next waiting room. "Hey guys." She yawns and covers her mouth with her hand. "Sonlake told me he would be here in a few minutes."

Fedler cannot resist, and she joins Breeze in her yawning. She then says, "He better hurry then or I'll fall asleep right here."

As promised, your handler does appear a few minutes later.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting," he says. "This meeting is over, so you're all free to go home. Consider yourselves on leave; at least, until they figure out what to do."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

"Any sense of the way the wind is blowing, sir?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm

"Any sense of Saemon, for that matter?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 10:51 pm

Konrad is leaning in his seat, trying to relax. When Sonlake appears, he is at attention.

"So, a week?" he asks, hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jun 2017, 11:04 pm

"I am sure that you will be rewarded for your valiant efforts," Sonlake tells them. "As for Saemon Olyr..." He shakes his head. "I don't know. White mages and researchers will examine him to make sure he is free of Snicker's influence. Then the Council will reconvene and decide how to handle this matter. In the meantime, you don't talk about any of this to anyone."

He then turns towards Konrad. "I don't know. You will be contacted once we have more news."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd adventure: Rebirth
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next