A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd adventure: Rebirth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul 2017, 1:50 am

Steve's jaw drops. He looks to the medal and then to the faces of the others in the room, both Coins and non-Coins. He wasn't expecting the highest military honor in the land. He's speechless.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul 2017, 1:59 am

The sight of the medal and Breeze's exclamation cause Konrad to straighten up, and he knows immediately he wants that thing pinned to his chest. "Jace, General, are you sure this isn't too much?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul 2017, 6:01 am

Mihai looks at the thing in the box in front of Fedler. It probably goes well with her hair.

He raises a surprised eyebrow at Breeze's sudden display of awareness. Otherwise says nothing.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

The Prime Councilor responds to Konrad with an amused tone. "Does this mean you are refusing this honor? Because you can."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 12:58 am

"I never refuse honors. Forget it, it was foolish of me to suggest."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

"Then let us proceed."

The middle-aged councilor approaches Fedler and delicately picks up the medal that General Shaw is presenting.

"Fedler Melan, on behalf of the citizens of the Free Feathers and members of the Council, I hereby present you this Medal of Honor for distinguishing yourself as a true hero." In a swift movement, he then pins the medal on the left side of Fedler's chest. Judging by her wavering eyes, the young huntress seems moved by this act. The Prime Councilor then puts his hands on her shoulders, and says, "For your bravery, and the sacrifices you've made, thank you."

Councilor Nori picks up the next metal box and hands it over to General Shaw. The Prime Councilor then repeats the process, but seemingly doesn't tire of reciting the same words all over again. Each time he speaks to one of you, he seems pleased of doing so. The only person he doesn't put his arms on is Breeze, and it should be obvious why. Instead, he presents her with his index finger, which she takes in her small hands and vigorously shakes up and down.

"Thank you!" she exclaims while admiring the custom made medal on her chest.

"Really, we're the ones who are thanking you," Mr. Knight replies, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 8:56 pm

Mihai maintains a demeanor of focused neutrality throughout the ceremony, though there's a slight intensity to his eyes when his medal is presented, before his gaze wavers for just a second as Knight finishes saying the words.

Once it's over and settled, and everyone has unwound from being decorated - "As to the earlier matter, Mr Prime Councilor..." - Mihai pipes up - "...you alluded to us being busy in the coming days."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 10:01 pm

Konrad glances shallowly toward the medal as it is pinned to his chest, and smiles at the councilor with a mix of pride and gratitude.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 10:54 pm

Steve still can't believe it and has been smiling since the ceremony ended. He keeps looking down at the medal and running his finger over it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul 2017, 11:50 pm

"Right, right. It comes with your rewards." Jace Knight gestures at the table where five pouches have been placed sometime before the adjunct members entered this room. "Each one of these bags contain five hundred pieces of gold. I trust that you will spend it wisely."

Breeze gasps. "What? Really!? That means I'm rich, right? I'm rich, I'm rich!"

The fairy then begins a silly dance under the entertained gaze of the Prime Councilor. He resumes his explanation. "I've also persuaded the rest of the Council to present you with more personalized rewards. For you Steve Oldturn, we will allow you to choose the name of the new library that we are building at the Citadel. Whatever you choose, we will inscribe the name above the entrance to the library."

He pauses, and with a self-deprecating smile, he then adds, "For the sake of future generations, please... don't call it something silly."

The fairy immediately approaches Steve and whispers something to his ear while Fedler rolls her eyes.

Steve only:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

"How about the Elanor Oldturn Memorial Library? My mom was an alumni, they surely can't complain about that."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:10 am

Mihai looks solemn for a second.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:14 am

"That's a wonderful title, Steve." Meanwhile Konrad is thinking ship, ship, ship...!
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:28 am

"Oh, that was her name?" Breeze asks with finger on her lower lip. "Such a pretty name..."

"I like it," Fedler says with a gentle smile.

The Prime Councilor nods at Steve. "We will inform the Citadel as soon as this meeting is over." He then faces Konrad. "Mr. Granger. I admit I have no idea what you will do with your own reward, but I hope you will prove yourself wiser with it than you were before."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:47 am

"I am always welcoming opportunities for personal growth, councilor. But if my words won't assure you, I hope my actions will."

Diplomacy
Improve disposition
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 12:59 am

The Prime Councilor's expression is indecipherable. He merely examines Konrad for a few seconds before he says, "I hope so too. After ample discussions with the Coins' leadership, the Free government has decided to act as your guarantor, and your sentence will thus be commuted. Congratulations; you are now a free man."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 1:08 am

Mihai can't help but glance at Nori.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 1:09 am

"...Oh." Konrad is caught off guard and at a loss for words. After a moment, he recovers and smiles, saying, "I am completely and utterly grateful, councilor. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 1:23 am

Steve claps Konrad on the back in congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 1:28 am

Nori has kept a neutral face so far, and is simply observing the scene with what appears to be detached interest.

Breeze congratulates Konrad by slapping on his back. "You did it Wildfire! Ah ah!"

"Enjoy your freedom, Mr. Granger," Jace Knight adds before turning to Mihai. "As for you, I've been told by your handler that there's someone from your native country that you would like to see safely brought here? Mr. Derlmold has seen fit to hide the identity of this person until we could discuss the matter with you. If you wish to, our ambassador could arrange to have this person transported here and the Immigration Bureau would speed up their citizenship demand."

Fedler cautiously looks at Mihai. She seems taken by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 1:35 am

Steve is shocked by that offer. He looks at Mihai to see what will happen next.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

Mihai's jaw drops, and he's at a loss for words for a moment, before he finally manages - ".....yes. It's a complicated situation, i'll need to discuss a few specifics, but... yes. Thank you."

He sounds slightly breathless.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 8:52 pm

"Very well. Once this meeting is over, please meet me at my office. For now, I still have two more rewards to present, and-"

Breeze suddenly puts herself right in front of the Prime Councilor, pointing at herself with her index finger in an interrogative manner. Mr. Knight sighs, and rather bashfully, reveals to her, "Miss Fairy, you see..."

"Yeah?" she replies excitedly.

"We've been thinking long and hard about what reward to give you for your vital role in the battle against the entity known as Snicker..."

"Yeah, yeah?" she repeats, even more excited. Meanwhile, General Shaw and Councilor Nori exchange worried glances.

"...and we've come up short of any idea that we believe would please you."

The fairy can only stand there, in shock, still waiting.

"But!" Jace Knight almost looks like a parent afraid to disappoint his child. "We've decided to allow you to choose your own reward; as long as it is within reason, of course."

A big smile appears on the fairy's face.

"Did you hear?" she asks her friends. "I can choose whatever I want! Oh, what do you think I should ask for?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

"I'd say Fluffle, but then you'd probably get his whole family along with."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

Breeze starts blushing while the Councilors and the General look at each other in confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd adventure: Rebirth
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next