A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd adventure: Rebirth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:18 am

Chews on lower lip while considering Mihai's words. "Who would we even give him to? How could we ever trust them not to let him go or to try to weaponize him somehow?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:20 am

"I know. Everything we do here is a risk now. I don't have an easy answer." - he stays quiet for a minute, then continues - "Though it is true that the next Endless that goes evil won't know who we care about. Even if it comes near us, it can't read us anymore. It can hurt other people, though."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:34 am

The broody one does have a point. "Anything this one can do, the statues can do as well. We know that they can be killed now. We know how to do it. And we know this one has decided to cause us grief and never leave us be. If there needs to be any more study, we have the statues in Zest's Gate for that, and they seem to like people."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:37 am

This doesn't seem to deter Fedler's decision. "I still say we should kill him. Like Konrad said, we know how to kill them now. Breeze isn't the only fairy that exists; if there's another Endless like him, they'll be there to help."

"They surely would!" confirms Breeze with a confident nod.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:38 am

"I'm sorry Mihai, I just don't see a way to safely do it. And he's already murdered Konrad's family. I couldn't live with myself if he hurt anyone else and we had the chance to stop it here."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:39 am

"Kill it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:54 am

Breeze gravely nods, and focuses her attention on the black globule. Elemental tendrils appear within the globule, and they quickly begin to battle with the black smoke which tries to defend itself from the onslaught. Snicker is putting up a good defence, and Breeze's breathing accelerates. She frowns, clearly expending her own energy to destroy Snicker. This quiet battle continues to rage on within the globule, and after a full minute, Breeze finally gets the upper hand. The black smoke starts to dissipate, until is swallowed by the Elemental energies. Once the Endless is finally dead, the fairy begins to deweave the globule itself, which slowly shrinks until it fades out of existence.

Absolutely exhausted, Breeze flies over to Steve. "I think... I need to take a nap," she says, before falling unconscious on the black mage's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:58 am

Mihai says nothing for about ten seconds. Then - "We still have to finish sweeping for survivors, and the level 5 Keycard."

He doesn't feel like saying anymore, and will move on whenever everyone is ready.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:58 am

Steve catches her with his hand and quietly moves her to a pocket in his robe. He makes sure her head is free and that she is resting comfortably before saying, "Should we put our orbs back in now?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 12:59 am

Mihai looks at his Orb, then Steve's - "Yours looks the most normal."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 1:01 am

"Yeah, that's weird, right? What the hell happened in there?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 1:04 am

Mihai stares at his own - "Maybe we'll know if we put them back."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 1:22 am

"I don't understand. I thought I'd feel...something, for his ultimate doom. Well, at least he died alone. That's what happens when you mess with my people."

Konrad looks at his own orb, wondering. What will I do now? He puts it back inside his head as he thinks about this.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 1:24 am

Steve nods and puts his orb back in.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 1:28 am

Mihai puts his Orb back in.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 8:11 pm

The globules are put back into the heads of their respective owners. Fedler braces herself for something to happen, but even after waiting for a few seconds, nothing does. In fact, all the party members feel fine, and no matter how hard they think about it, they just do not perceive anything different from before.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 8:16 pm

Mihai is slightly oddstruck, as if he expected something different. He glances at the party.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm

Steve sighs in disappointment when nothing happens. "Darn, I was hoping we'd have some idea of what happened."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:08 pm

"Best guess, the memory that was swirling in these clashed against Snicker, and they eroded each other. Judging by yours, it took pretty close to the four of us to do it."

He then looks at Saemon - "We need to make sure he's alright. And not just physically."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:13 pm

"Uh...sure. But hey, we did it, didn't we? Doesn't matter how it worked. Leave the guessing to the Citadel. He's gone, for good this time! I think Rodnel would be happy to know we're making headway."

Konrad bends over to bind Saemon's wrists with the woven shackles.

"Before we wake him, we'll need Breeze to replace the love globule that Saemon just lost. And I'm sure Snicker was only telling half the story about his involvement with Saemon's improving condition."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:16 pm

"I've healed his wounds," states Fedler as she kneels down beside Saemon, who she's positioned against the wall. "But I wouldn't trust anything Snicker said about his mental condition."

Saemon begins to groan.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:19 pm

"I don't trust anything he said, but he also liked liked a black truth better than a lie."

Saemon begins to groan. Mihai plops down to eye level with him and gives him a little time to get his bearings, then - "Saemon?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:21 pm

Konrad keeps his sword out as Saemon shows signs of consciousness. "This is only a precaution."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:23 pm

Mihai looks at Konrad - "The guards here have been able to manage all these people without blades."

His hand discreetly goes to his baton, though, at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017, 9:36 pm

Saemon slowly opens his eyes, as if he had just woken up in his own bed. His eyes slowly focus on the people standing around him he is puzzled by the situation he's finding himself in. He seems overwhelmed, which is when Fedler decides to start talking to him. "It's okay Saemon. We're friends."

He takes a few more seconds to collect his thoughts before he answers her. "What's happening? Why am I bound?" He then notices his burned shirt. "Where are my clothes?"

Because of the Fire spells, there are only a few pieces of clothes left to cover his lower body. Fedler doesn't waste any time and offers him her cloak. "Here, take this."

He hesitates for a second, but finally agrees to cover himself with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd adventure: Rebirth   3rd adventure: Rebirth - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd adventure: Rebirth
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next