A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:01 am

As soon as the party exists the building and steps into the alley, Florolf leaves Amber's arms and lands on the ground, ready to follow his human comrades. A few seconds later, Fluffle flies down to eye-level and asks, "How did it go? I was supposed to let this guy leave, right?"
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:03 am

"That's right, Fluffle. Wait... How could you have stopped him?" Konrad asks.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:06 am

"Yeah, what would you have done?" Steve asks out of awe of the fairy's confidence.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:09 am

"I... wouldn't have," he says. "I would have followed him to wherever he was going, but you didn't run after him so I stayed here."

"Then thank you for keeping watch," Amber tells him.

"Of course."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:11 am

"That's a very sensible approach, Fluffle, good work."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:11 am

"Well, we gotta get moving now."

Mihai pulls out Lukasz sheet of paper - "Fluffle, this name mean anything to you?"

Once Fluffle gets close, Mihai will whisper - "You're the eyes in the back of our head, now. You spot anyone following us, kick Amber's back. Amber clears her throat, we know we've got a tail."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:14 am

"I see..."

Deception 15
Do I think the fairy is hiding something?
Answer: he seems truthful.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:15 am

The fairy reads the name and shakes his head.

"Never heard of him," he says. He listens to Mihai's instructions and cocks his head to one side. "Wouldn't it better if I moved your hair with my mind?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:16 am

Mihai stares at him for a bit, a bit impressed - "Yes it would. Good idea, Fluffle."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:29 am

"So what do we do now?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:30 am

"The Wharf. We'll avoid the open, and anywhere with lots of people. Let's go."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 12:31 am

"Follow the man with the big sword."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 1:01 am

1:14 PM, 5th of April 422
Wharf, Odwaz, Myr

The adventurers walk away from the closed shop and attempt to lose any tail they may have picked up. Fortunately for them, Fluffle doesn't seem to pick up anyone suspicious either. The group gradually makes its way to the section of the Wharf where many dockworkers and carriages are moving goods to the warehouses.

A few minutes later, the adventurers arrive at the warehouse number 22. This building and the others next to it are small compared to the other warehouses in the Wharf and few workers are here at the moment. It is made of reddish stone and is approximately 80 feet in width and 120 in length. The windows are small and high up the walls and there are only two doors at the front; one is meant to be used by people while the other—25 feet in width and 15 feet in height—is where goods are brought into the building.

Florolf sits down next to Amber and begins to clean his long ears.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 1:02 am

Mihai sighs - "Should have asked him for a description."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 1:57 am

Konrad grins wide. "Don't fret. I can get you one. But I will need a distraction, and I know just how to make it happen," he says, eyeing the fairy in present company.

He starts to whisper. "My plan is for Steve to go in there with some of our fairies and sing for someone, doesn't matter who, while I cast Scan, and to stop only after I've left. Shouldn't take long, but we don't have long. I can only go back 6 hours. If we're doing that, we have a half-hour time limit to get on that."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:01 pm

"While I like the way you're thinking Konrad why don't we just do a bit of scouting instead? Even if we've missed this guy there might be other Noze still here and we'll have a better idea of the layout too."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:04 pm

Mihai sighs in frustration, not liking what he's about to say - "Steve, i guess you're on point for this one. Walk by and see what you can spy in there."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:06 pm

Konrad tsks. "Our plans are never flashy enough for my taste, but as you wish. I can weave a little surprise for him that we can use to follow, if the plan calls for it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:20 pm

Steve leaves the rest of the group behind and walks off towards the warehouse. For some reason, Florolf decides to follow the black mage at a moderate pace. Steve manages to portray himself as a tourist who got lost in the Wharf and then decided to explore this area instead going back the way he came from.

He inspects the warehouse and sees no other entrance except the two doors at the front. Furthermore, all of the windows are high up the walls and too small to climb through; except maybe for Amber...

He then attempts something audacious; he approaches the small front door and opens it, poking his head in. He barely has time to notice the numerous crates into the warehouse before the guard standing right next to the door looks at him. He's wearing a chain shirt and a longsword hangs at his waist. He's startled at first by Steve's presence, but his expression quickly shifts to one of animosity.

"What the fuck are you doing!?" he shouts in Wytrwaly.

The rest of the party, which is standing 50 or so feet away, can hear something like a yell. They also see Steve and Florolf poking their heads into the building.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Amber blurts out.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:43 pm

"Is...bathroom?" Steve replies in broken Wytrwaly. He looks confused and a little afraid.

Deception 33
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:45 pm

Mihai gets ready to intervene if things get nasty.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:49 pm

Kornad sighs. "It will take two and a half hours to make the tracking device and two trackers to go with it. I should just go back to the ship for that."

He looks up to try and spot Fluffle in the sky.

Awareness 19
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:52 pm

The guard opens the door and steps outside, forcing Steve to back away. He pays no attention to the carbuncle who just stepped into the building and disappeared from Steve's field of vision.

"You're gonna shit yourself alright," he says, not caring whether the intruder understands him or not.

He then swings his fist at Steve's face, which connects with the mage's left cheek.

"Get the fuck out of here!" he shouts. He stands immobile and waits for Steve to leave.

OOC:

Konrad fails to spot Fluffle in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2018, 11:57 pm

Steve cries out in surprise and puts his hands to his face with a grimace. With tears in his eyes, he backs away, gets up, and runs out of sight. A performance worthy of a lost tourist who poked his head where he shouldn't have.

Deception 30 to sell the attack and response.

He'll double back to the group when he determines the man isn't following.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2018, 12:00 am

The thug grunts, goes back inside the warehouse and closes the door behind him. Florolf is still in there.

Steve makes his way to the rest of the party and Amber quickly asks him, really worried, "What were you thinking!?"

Soon after that, Fluffle appears to the black mage's side. "Are you okay?" he asks, ready to heal him if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next