A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 10:34 pm

"Songbird?" Suzy repeats. "Who's that?"

"Yeah, I don't remember you telling me about him," Amber says.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 10:37 pm

Steve couldn't agree more about Songbird and his sour face shows it. "Just be happy you'll never meet him. The man was a real piece of work. But thank you for the kind words everybody. When you do it right, you don't need stupid tricks or gimmicks like a certain asshat who's name I won't say. I can't wait to show Fedler how far I've come. I'll sing her more Fleetwood songs when we rescue her."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 10:42 pm

"That sounds like a good idea! We can have that performance for her on the ship, even." He cuts another juicy piece of steak and puts it in his mouth, close to finishing it off, and happy to move on from the unpleasant topic.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 10:42 pm

"Uh, yeah. Sorry, i thought i had an actual compliment there."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 10:44 pm

"Don't worry about it Mihai, I know you meant well. And not being like him is a compliment."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 11:26 pm

"Here, here!" Konrad drains the rest of his second beer to that. He then gets up and comes over to Nadia.

"Excuse me, Nadzieja," he begins, with a formal tone.

"I recall telling you that I would answer you in a timely manner, for that boon you offered us. It so happens that we, fairy crew and us, will need able warriors, preferably loyal, to defend our ship and our cargo, in transit to our next destination, when the occasion arises." His emphasis marks a severity associated with their destination that she should be familiar with.

"Is there anything you can do to help us with that?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2018, 11:56 pm

Nadzieja turns away from the table and learns toward Konrad to listen to him. With a serious expression, she nods and says, "I could send some of my clansmen with you. Let's say..." She rubs her chin with her knuckle. "...twenty of them? You leave in the morning, yes?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 12:00 am

Konrad's eyebrows go up. Twenty? Were it not for her new position, he would kiss her. Where it not for their tenuous relation, he would tell her this. He smiles. "Perfect! I would owe you a debt of gratitude. Yes, we are planning to leave in the morning. Can you gather that many?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 12:27 am

Nadzieja stands up and climbs on her chair. "Listen up!" she shouts in Wytrwaly. "Put your tankards down and open your ears!"

In a matter of seconds, the whole room falls silent. The fairies are quite surprised by the readiness of the Myrzen warriors despite how drunk some of them are.

"Konrad, Mihai and Steve are leaving Myr tomorrow morning," the First continues, "and I've agreed to lend them my help. They're on a quest to save friends of theirs, and they need twenty good men to travel with them. Do I have any volunteers?"

"Will a woman do?" a gruff gal asks. "'Cause I sure as hell am itching for a fight!"

"Hey, they don't go without me!" another exclaims.

"My ax is theirs!"

There are so many clansmen standing up and volunteering for this mission that Nadzieja needs to select those who will go with the party. Meanwhile, Amber looks around in confusion and asks Steve and Mihai, "What's happening?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 12:29 am

"Uh..." - Mihai fumbles - "...you got me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 12:32 am

"Nadzieja seems to be gathering up some warriors to go with us." He cups his hand and yells in Wytrwaly, "Any healers in you bunch? We could use a ship's white mage too!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 12:33 am

Konrad continues to beam at Nadia's first display of her power. He says to her Wytrwaly, "Thank you, Nadzieja. You're the best!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 1:02 am

"What, really!?" Amber exclaims. "How many?"

"Twenty of them," Angelika answers. "That's quite a lot actually..."

In response to Steve's question, several more people rise up from their seats, to which Nadzieja objects. "Oh no, we've got plenty of volunteers already! Nobody else stands up!"

She smiles and nods at Konrad when he compliments her, and then goes back to selecting the warriors who will leave with the adventurers. When she's done, twenty warriors are left standing.

"Their ship is called the Vulcan," she tells them, "and they're departing tomorrow morning. So I want you ready to leave at first light, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am!" they reply.

"Now get."

She sits back down, giving permission to her people to talk and drink again, which they do with enthusiasm.

"Wow, the ship is going to be full of people now," Fluffle says.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 1:09 am

"We seem to be gathering more and more friends. I hope we'll have enough when the time comes."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 1:38 am

Konrad smiles. She's already taking well to leadership. "See? That was impressive. Thanks again." He gives her a respectable nod, and then turns to Avalon.

"Pardon me, Master Avalon, might we find a more convenient time before our departure, for us to converse? I have a few questions for you, if you are inclined to humor me."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 7:57 pm

With a glass of wine in his hand, the old monk raises an eyebrow at Konrad. "Questions? About what?"

"I think we will," Amber says to Steve, optimistic about their chances.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 9:23 pm

"About you, Avalon. I'm interested in how you became a teacher, for starters. I'm..." He wavers on this, uncomfortable with sharing this with others present. But it must come out, or the old man may not humor him at all. "I'm wondering if there's anything you can share that might be relevant to me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 9:30 pm

Amber's optimism is catching. Steve smiles at her and says, "I'm sure you're right."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 10:15 pm

"Oh, take a seat then," Avalon says as he pulls on the chair to his left. "I can stay for a little while longer."

The other monks are currently talking with Anastazja Zawistowski, and although they've noticed Konrad, they don't seem to pay too much attention to him. Nadzieja appears slightly surprised to see the red mage approaching her teacher for advice, but she's quick to focus on the conversation at hand.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 10:24 pm

Right here? I guess I can't expect him to know I'd rather talk about this in private. Or is he trying to draw it out of me in public? Konrad sits down with the teacher.

"Good. In the short time we've known each other, I haven't paid you the courtesy of an interest in your life. So let us rectify that, without further ado."

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 11:44 pm

Konrad and Avalon:
Mihai and Nadzieja:
Konrad and Nadzieja:

Fifteen minutes later, the adventurers decide to gather their fairy crew and return to the ship; they need to wake up early tomorrow morning. Before they leave however, Steve asks Nadzieja if she is in need of moving cargo of any kind. She replies that she doesn't, but adds that Anastajza Zawistowski—the Administrator of Odwaz—might have a use for the Vulcan.

Anastazja considers the idea for a second and responds by saying it would be the least she could do to thank the adventurers for their help with the werewolf. Once she learns the party's next destination, she promises that she'll keep this information a secret and that she will show up tomorrow morning at the ship to handle the details.

It's with regret that the fairies and the clansmen bid farewell to each other. The little magical creatures wave goodbye at their new friends, but not without taking a few deserts with them. The Zdetermiwan warriors laugh heartily at this adorable sight, and many of them wave back at the Vulcan's crew. The Zerva family members all shake the hands of the party members, and so do Duma and his champions. Saria, who's very sad to see Amber go so soon, hugs her very hard and asks that she writes to her.

As for Nadzieja, she informs the adventurers that she will see them tomorrow morning before they depart. And of course, Doodad, Walter and Lucy say their farewells before going back to the National Inn. At Steve's request, Doodad agrees to show up at the ship tomorrow morning.

1:01 AM, 7th of April 422
The Wharf, Odwaz, Myr

The return to the ship is somewhat uneventful, if listening to a bunch of half-drunken fairies sing shanties while flying in the air can be considered normal. Segel, not wanting to cause any problem with the Defenders, resolves to be proactive about it and to guide his siblings directly to the ship without waiting for the party. After a short head count, the fairies disappear into the sky while holding each others' hands.

When the adventurers arrive at the ship, they can already hear them preparing to go to bed. And standing on the deck with a lantern in her right hand is Femke.

"Hello," she says.

"Femke!" Amber exclaims. The young teenager immediately glomps the Tyke woman. "You weren't bored, right?"

"I..." Femke is confounded by what's happening right now. "I don't think so."

"Good."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm

"Was a nice change of pace from all the slinking and fighting. Would've been nice if you could have joined us."

"I agree," she says with a nod. "It's best that I do not attract too much attention though."

Femke answers the hug by putting a hand on Amber's shoulder. Satisfied, Amber finally steps back and leaves some space to the Tyke.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018, 11:58 pm

Awareness 25
Sense Motive 25

Steve is too busy watching the fairies choose a few deserts to take back with them to notice Volwind whispering to Amber. Mihai and Konrad do notice though.
Konrad believes the two of them are smitten with each other. It's very cute.

At the docks, Konrad walks up the gangplank of his magnificent ship and gives the Tyke a big hello.

"Hello, Femke! Thank you for staying behind to keep an eye on my ship. To show you my appreciation, I brought you some of the food that you missed out on."

In his hands are some sealed containers, and a bottle. One of them feels warm underneath, another is completely warm to the touch. Both rest upon a wide box. The bottle is still a little cool.

contents of the containers:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2018, 12:11 am

"The food's good. I think you'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2018, 12:18 am

"Yeah, what Konrad picked looked really good," Fluffle says.

She stares at the containers for a few seconds before meeting Konrad's gaze again."Thank you Konrad," she says. "I appreciate it."

"You might even want to ask for seconds," the fairy adds.

"I most likely will."

Florolf yawns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next