A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 2:02 am

"You don't just..."

Sam stops herself when she hears her own name. She has no weapon on her, so her eyes dart all over Mihai, desperately looking for something to cut with. Nothing! She stumbles back, currently in full-on rabbit mode.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 10:25 pm

Steve

"No thank you," Nadzieja says. "I'm still full from yesterday."

"Do you have any grapes?" Anastazja asks.

"We sure do!" Fluffle answers. He then uses his telekinesis to prepare a bowl for her.

Mihai and Samantha

The crew on deck all look at Konrad and Mihai, puzzled by the sudden argument. Most of the Myrzen warriors standing on the dock don't have a good angle on the two adventurers, but their chatter has noticeably quieted down.

Samantha realizes that if she tried to run away, she'd have to go through these heavily armed warriors.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 10:29 pm

Mihai mutters between his teeth "Will you stop making a scene? Nobody else knows. Keep it up and i'm telling Anne and May you cheated at Poker."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 10:36 pm

After filling up the kettle, Steve leaves it to heat up and joins their guests at the table. "Shouldn't take long for the water to boil. In the meantime, were you able to find some cargo for us to transport?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 10:36 pm

Sam looks up at the crew, and then looks at the other side of the ship, where the vast ocean is. She doesn't exactly have nowhere else to go, but Mihai thankfully manages to get her attention.

"You think I... That... How do you know that?" she asks.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 10:43 pm

"I didn't until now; you were so eager for Nick to let you. More importantly..." - he nods toward the big shiny ball over the horizon - "You'll notice no one else on this boat has looked at it twice since you woke up. That's because it's been there for 200 years now. The Sphere around Medial."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:00 pm

Steve

"I do," the Administrator says, smiling. "It's not cargo that you will be transporting however, but passengers. One VIP of the Western Islands Shipping company and two bodyguards. I hear you've already been working with them?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:02 pm

Sam looks at the Sphere again, and her eyes pop. "Y-you said...two hundred years?"

She's over a hundred miles south of Emerald, two hundred hears in the future, in the body of a man. She's losing her grip on reality, literally, as her mind becomes aware of another presence. It's Konrad, and the moment they brush past each other, he desperately surges forward to take control.

Outside, Sam holds her head in her hands, Konrad's head, groaning in anguish from mere contact with the other person within her mind seeking to dominate her straight out.

Konrad & Samantha:

Outside, as Konrad, the two of them start breathing deeply, trying to steady themselves after their struggle.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:03 pm

"Yes, that's right. If you are going to sail around get other people to pay you to do it. At least that's what the sailors use to say back in Highwind."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:16 pm

Steve

"This will not pay as much as a shipping job, but it's close. Your client is in a hurry to get to Luxus and his ship is in the middle of urgent repairs. He readily accepted my offer when I told him the Vulcan belonged to Nadzieja's champions. You're quite the celebrities now."

Nadzieja listens to the discussion with interest, but prefers not to comment on it since it doesn't directly concern her.

Mihai, Samantha and Konrad

The fairies look on the red mage with worry, and Segel immediately flies to his side to check on him.

"Captain?" he says while putting a hand on the mage's forehead. "Are you okay Captain? Should I call for a healer?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:17 pm

"Wait a minute, he isn't expecting trouble is he?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:19 pm

"He's the CEO of the company; I suspect he's always expecting trouble."

The First raises an eyebrow at the mention of the client.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:25 pm

Konrad, or, well, the man outside, shakes his head. "No, thank you Segel, I'll be alright. As you were, First Mate. Mihai and I need a moment to talk."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:27 pm

Mihai nods at Segel.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:30 pm

"Great. Just what we needed. But beggers can't be choosers. When does he show up?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:37 pm

Mihai, Konrad and Mihai

"Okay Captain. Let me know if you need anything."

The first mate hesitantly goes back to work and orders his siblings to do the same.

"Come on, close your mouths and start flapping your wings instead! And Bonbon, stop eating that jerky!"

"Uh, yes!"

Steve

"He told me he'd be here by 7 o'clock."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:45 pm

"It's the Orb. It puts your consciousness in someone else's body - whether they want it or not. Edward's been doing this for the past two centuries to people so he could prolong himself and his forces, whether they want it or not. Only this time he came across a few eggs who already had Orbs in them, so we're proving a little tougher to break than he's used to. Unless we get you out of that body soon, you'll have to live with that thing between your legs for the next handful of decades. Whether you want it or not."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm

Sam blushes a little at the end of his explanation. "So, Edward took our orbs and put them in you guys? That's terrible. You don't have to tell me how wrong that is. But, we didn't even get to...we didn't arrive in Voluptis yet," she answers, deciding there's no point in holding back information. "How do you know all this? And who exactly is having this problem?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:01 am

"I'll be sure to let the First Mate know after we are done. Shouldn't be much longer for the water to be ready."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:01 am

"Me, Steve and you. Steve woke up as May yesterday, and i'm guessing i have a Nick in store soon enough. You did arrive in Voluptis, and most likely succeeded in bringing Howe back, and somehow raising the Sphere - though it looks like you couldn't extend it as far as you wanted to, and you somehow ended up on the other side. You just don't remember any of it, since your memories are only seeping in when we sleep." - he takes a breath - "Good news, Smirk didn't have to get snuffed out and Magic didn't go away. Bad news, everything else. And..."

His eyes harden.

"Edward has Anne."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:21 am

Sam absorbs everything. "Okay...alright. I'm sorry. I'll try to help you, if I can."

Sam and Konrad:

Konrad chuckles softly. "Yes, I imagine it was."

In the mind, Sam is falling, and Konrad decides to catch her. She thanks him, and he gently lays her down in a chaste embrace. If not for it being him, it would be charming. And then, she's gone.

"Well, that was...interesting."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:24 am

"You're back now?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:26 am

"Yes, I'm me again," he answers, rubbing his head. "I'm getting flashbacks of the Endless."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:31 am

"You alright?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2018, 12:37 am

Konrad raises an eyebrow. "Overall, yes. I'll be better if you promise not to make a habit of barging into my room unannounced."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next