A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:19 am

Kolson wrote:
He smiles at her. "You caught me. It's full of hot sauce and vinegar. My diabolical plan has been foiled."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:21 am

Zeiss wrote:
"I'll just trust that you're descent enough not to pull a prank on an weakened friend," she says under her breath. "Gimme that."

Once Steve has dribbled the water into her mouth, she coughs a little.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," she reassures him. She falls quiet for a moment, but then adds, "Thank you."

Mihai only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:22 am

Kolson wrote:
He puts the towel aside. "Of course." He reaches for her hand, hesitates, and finally takes it. "Thought I lost you there for a minute."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:22 am

Zeiss wrote:
Zelk peers at Steve in silence, an unreadable expression on her face. However, her facial features quickly soften, and Steve can feel her fingers interlace with his own. "Me too."

Despite her weariness, she smiles.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
He smiles back. "Get some rest. We can talk more later. I'll be right here."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Reply to Fedler
Rory wrote:
"I wouldn't encourage it on a good day," Konrad muses. "There is something wrong with those two..."

"Now we have the whole day to ourselves, until tomorrow at noon. I'm not sure what to expect from the merchant ship, but I'm not leaving Nomad Cove until we've found the Barracuda intact or in tatters, or until we've scoured all the shores of the Cove looking for her."

*Sigh* "It looks as though our 'silent partner' has been playing the field."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:23 am

K wrote:
Mihai breathes a sight of relief about Zelk.

"Wrong or right, whatever they have is theirs." - he remarks about Steve and Zelk - "As for the ship, we can try and scout out the shore from up high and see if we get lucky. I..." - he pauses beat before saying the rest - "Me and Fredrick came across some driftwood this morning. I assumed it was from Paddle's ship, that got squidded, but we can go and check out the shore for more if need be."

He pauses

"As for him..." - his mood darkens - "I don't think he saw any contradiction between befriending us and what he did to us. Probably doesn't even see it as betrayal, just a matter of course on his way to have fun." - his tone becomes harsher as he says the next part - "I'm positive he still feels friendly toward us even now."

He then becomes even again, and finishes out his reasoning. - "Even if you can't trust him, i think you can count on him to be him. All he says will probably always be true to the letter. It's what he doesn't say that you need to watch out for. In the end, if this ever happens again and he offers his help to the other side... i guess we'll just have to deal with that as it comes." - he sighs - "For now, i just hope he's gone."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:23 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Okay," replies Zelk. She closes her eyes again, and falls asleep after a few minutes. She doesn't let go of Steve's hand.

"He better be gone," almost spits Naomi. "I never want to have to deal with that thing again."

"What was it anyway..?" Fredrick wonders. "A spirit?"

"More like a demon. A real one."

"There you go," announces Breeze who just finished healing her second patient. She flies over to Fredrick. "Now you."

"Thank you, young lady," says the roguish soldier.

"It's my job after all!" replies the fairy, happy to be useful.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:24 am

Rory wrote:
Where's my pipe? I want my pipe. "At least it doesn't care about you guys," Konrad salves, making a sweeping gesture toward Naomi, Frederick and Adam. That's actually both bad *and* good.

"Even so, that's a vain hope," he postulates. "And even if he did leave, that doesn't mean he just disappeared."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:24 am

K wrote:
"No, we'll meet again. I'm pretty sure of that. Seems to be the going rate for us, anyway." - he muses, with no particular joy behind his tone.

"Either way, we can go into all this when we don't have work to do. Soon as we're done here, we should probably see about scouting for sign of the ship." - he then turns to the fairy - "Breeze, you really don't know anything about what happened to it after the Kraken? All the rest of us were whisked off before we hit the water."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"Come on silly," answers Breeze. "The Barracuda is going to be here tomorrow at noon. The master said so himself."

The squad members all blink at the nonchalant fairy, who've just finished healing Fredrick, and continue on with Konrad.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai just stares blankly for a second. Then - "Ok, you're gonna have to tell me that one from the top. What happened after the Kraken?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:25 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Uh?" replies Breeze. "I've gone back to the Barracuda, and we tried looking for you! Edward dropped me off on this island, but you weren't at the monastery yet, so I stayed while the others went to scout the shoreline of the island south of here."

She looks up at Mihai with big eyes.

"Sorry, I thought it was obvious."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:25 am

K wrote:
Mihai's expression stays frozen for a few seconds more, blinks a few times, then finally picks up his jaw. Then shrugs.

"Well, forget about going to look for it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:26 am

Rory wrote:
"Ah, the 'merchant' ship, eh? Good one, Edward." Looks like we're back on top. Kira's dead, I still have a ship, and our mission was a...partial success. I'll take it. Hmm, Snicker followed Kira's ship...but who was he following?

"Has anyone seen Conan?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:26 am

Zeiss wrote:
Just like Mihai, the squad members can only blink at the revelation of where the ship is right now. The fairy is oblivious to said reaction.

"He's helping the monks," replies Fredrick to Konrad's question. He looks at another path leading into the forest. "They... carried the bodies of their friends into a clearing, somewhere over there."

Breeze's mood darkens, just as everyone else.

"Our own job still isn't over," adds Naomi. "There are a few bodies left. I want to get this over with as soon as possible."

Adam nods. "Me too."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"Let's get to it, then." - Mihai proceeds with the task.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"Of course, let's see what these suckers got on 'em and get to burning."

OOC
Since I'm not getting paid for this job, I should at least get first crack at all the mundane items before we divide the magical stuff.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:27 am

Zeiss wrote:
It takes another hour for the group to bring all the bodies to the spot chosen by Adam. Once the looting is over, Fredrick brings out a few flasks of oil that he found in the shed behind the monastery, and sprays the liquid over the pile of corpses. Combined with the logs of wood the group has added to ensure that nothing but ashes would be left, it will take another two hours before the blaze finally starts to diminish.

Loot:

Three of the monks, the Master included, have returned to the monastery and begun to clean this whole mess. They've removed part of the tatami floors that were smeared with blood, or were burned, and replaced them with new planks they brought from the shed. The hole in the wall however would need some more work, and two of the stoic disciples focused their attention on that. Conan requested that he be the one to carry the materials necessary for the repairs, and a glance at him is enough to see he doesn't need any help. It will take two more hours to return the dinner area to a near similar appearance of what it used to be, but the burned ceiling will have to wait another day. The monks are in a bleak mood, and they barely talk to anyone else except when spoken to. The squad members insisted that the monks let them help with the repairs, which the master acquiesced to. Fedler left to check on Zelk.

Valor, the woman who had been sent by the master to look after the children, exited the shed with Volwind and a little girl in her arms; another monk explained that a secret cellar had been built under there. While she murmured gentle words to the girl, Valor made sure she didn't see the blood on the floor, and brought both children to a room in the north wing. Breeze quickly followed them, and disappeared for the next few hours.

Once all of this work was completed, the master ordered his disciples to go back to their room in the north wing, and rest for as long as they needed. This caught them off-guard, and their shoulders slumped, as they finally realized what befell them. In silence, they proceeded to their rooms. As for Avalon, he told the group they could use their kitchen if they felt hungry, and that he would be in the forest if they needed to talk to him; "Follow the right path outside of the monastery, and go left at the fork."

The monastery was now quiet again.

The squad members, left with no orders to follow, sat around one of the tables and began to talk in low voice. They wanted to speak to Zelk, but Fedler told them she had fallen asleep and that she needed the rest. The hunter then walked out of the room through the back door, leaving her bow against the wall. As for Conan, no one was sure where he was at the moment, but Fredrick remembers seeing him outside. "It's not like any of us can leave this island," he muttered.

It is now around 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:27 am

K wrote:
Mihai doesn't want any of the loot either. He leaves the room through the back door and tries to catch up to Fedler.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve hasn't moved from his spot. He's completely exhausted but refuses to leave Zelk's side. He's been dozing in and out for the last hour and will remain there until she wakes up or someone insists on relieving him.

While he doesn't know about the loot yet, he'll definitely take a share. He's got bills to pay and if selling their stuff mitigates that even a little bit he's not too proud to do so.

OOC: Fine with me Rory. The only thing I want to keep is the ring that increases the power of my minor power. Did you want the belt that increases AC by 1 and we'll sell the rest?
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:28 am

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler hears unknown footsteps coming from behind her, and she turns her head to ascertain who it is. She waits for him to catch up, and with a tired smile, she says, "Hey chap."

She resumes her walk, which will lead her at the end of the pier.

Steve hears the window behind him slowly slide open. When he looks around, he sees Breeze (still wearing the monk clothes) flying over to sit at his side.

"Hey, Snowstorm. She doing okay?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:29 am

Rory wrote:
[You sure, K? You may want to read this in case you change your mind.]
[I have decided I want to be a bit more generous with the spoils.]

Konrad will help. Now and again he'll look at the fire to make sure it's burning, and will see to it that everything they want to burn is ash by the end of the fire's life.

Konrad will take the leather belt (+1 AC) and offer Mihai the woven belt (+2 AC). Between the two of them, one of them gets up close and personal far more often than the other.

Splitting loot:

Next I will seek out Conan to talk about several things. Privately.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:30 am

K wrote:
Konrad

Mihai will consider it for a moment, but then thank Konrad and take his woven belt.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Fedler

"Hey." - he replies.

Mihai walks with Fedler to the pier, before saying what he's been meaning to. Fedler sits down at the end of it. Mihai does the same. He takes a moment to collect himself before speaking up.

"The deal's been dissolved. I'm free." - he speaks wearily, despite delivering good news - "You don't have to worry anymore."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 2:31 am

Rory wrote:
[GM said hold the gold. He wants to do a thing, so no one gets to add any of the 319 Gold from the loot to their character sheets right now. No one lays a finger on the gold before the adventure is over.]

Konrad takes the 319 Gold and shoves it into his empty sack, claiming that the group can divvy it up when they return to the Free Feathers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next