A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Interlude: The Shield

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2021, 11:35 pm

"Yes, Edward had something similar in mind," the emperor says.

The captain of the Imperial Guard meets Samantha's gaze and nods. "We will be offering several incentives to mages who aren't part of our armed forces; enlistment bonuses, debt reliefs, and even pardons to certain criminals. That should flush out a few more green mages."

Marcus frowns at this plan. "It won't be pretty," he says.

"No, but it is necessary."

"Which brings me to our next order of business," Kieran Hammerfist says, leaning forward in his throne. "I'm sure you've noticed during your brief encounter with him that my son, Arthur Hammerfist, doesn't possess the temperament that befits one with his station. Would you disagree?"

He joins his hands together and waits for the squad members' response.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2021, 11:51 pm

"Rude, arrogant, self-important, kanalratte," says May without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug 2021, 11:53 pm

Sam frowns at the new topic, and shakes her head. "I would not disagree, Your Majesty."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 12:00 am

Nick frowns and glances aside. Smirk does not - "Well i figured it wasn't my place to say anything but Mute boy thinks you couldn't find a more perfect stereotype of the overgrown spoiled brat trope. Like he came right out of —" - Nick smacks him on the arm before he can finish - "...you prune."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 12:27 am

Edward raises an eyebrow at Smirk's candidness, while Anne, Marcus and Howe are bewildered by it. Jacob seems more confused than anything else, while the emperor stares blankly at the Aspect, unperturbed by the comment.

"That is a fair assessment of my son's character," he says sternly. "To overcome the threat the Elementals pose to the Empire, we will need a firm and just ruler who knows not only when to strike at the Enemy, but also how to recognize them—which is why I would ask you to help my bastard son, Edward Fox, ascend to the throne."

For the first time since the squad members have met him, the captain of the Imperial Guard seems almost embarrassed by all the eyes on him.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 12:31 am

"Um..." - Smirk looks at Edward. Then at the Emperor. Back at Edward. - "Sure, i'm in."

Embarrassed at Smirk's directness, Nick adds a bow. Then grabs Smirk's head and makes him do the same.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 12:38 am

"vhat vould you have us do? May good at punching, not political intrigue." She looks pensive about the idea, but not so pensive that it keeps her from sipping her wineskin.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 12:41 am

"Um, what?" Sam turns and stares at Edward, and back to the Emperor.

Knowledge Politics 19
What problems or issues, if any, rise beyond the Emperor simply naming Edward Fox as the heir and the affluent nobility accepting Edward's claim to the throne of Medial?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:03 am

Samantha:

"I believe you are underestimating yourself, miss Brauer," the emperor says with a smile, "but that's not what I would ask of you. No, Edward will have to fight this battle himself, and this war will give him the perfect opportunity to do so. Until he has gained enough supporters and prestige, you will continue your work in the shadows. It will take years, but when I finally declare him my one and true heir, enemies will undoubtedly rise up against him—that is when he will need your help."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:10 am

A mollified May says, "May can do that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:19 am

After getting over the initial surprise, Sam is more reassured when the Emperor speaks with awareness that playing kingmaker with Edward is an uphill prospect.

"Of course. A long-term plan will be essential. Our efforts will have to be spent on building him up, and ignoring Arthur. If he continues down his path, he could drive the nobility to desperation, and they will see a preferable alternative in a war hero with redemptive qualities over the elder brother. And when the time comes to... well, face his detractors, the ISA will be ready to support him, Your Majesty. If that is what you command of us."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:39 am

Kieran Hammerfist's expression becomes somber. "It's what I would ask of you. Our Enemy doesn't care for the sovereignty of any nation, and will destroy us all if given the chance. We are not fighting for the Empire, but for the good of all mankind, and as such, I cannot command you to do anything.

"With that said, we still need your help. Not only must we fight off the rebels who have risen up against the Empire, but we also require a lot of personnel and materials to complete the Shield Project; this is what I would have you concentrate your efforts on for now. The fight will be long and arduous, but it must be done."

He eyes each and every squad member here, then Jacob too.

"Can we count on you?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:43 am

Nick raises an eyebrow in an almost confused expression. Smirk shrugs - "Reason you can't command, your Majesty, is the same reason we can't refuse."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:46 am

"May do best she can, rest take care of self." She throws a shadow punch for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 1:51 am

No good. If he's going to look her in the eye, she can't moan about being chosen for active duty before all of this and getting drawn into a foreign conflict. Especially not when the survival of human and fairy kind have been jeopardized.

Sam stares back in wonder, surprised again by the Emperor making everyone in the room equal with his sentiment. Clearly, a salute or an honorific are uncalled for right now, bizarrely. When she recovers, she answers, "Yes, you can count on us."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2021, 2:10 am

Anne smiles at her friends and says, "I couldn't have said it better myself."

"I agree completely with their sentiment," Marcus adds, the corner of his lips curling into a grin.

"Me too," Jacob says. "I know I'm new here, but you've all been so kind to me and my siblings. The least I can do is to help you with this project."

The emperor smiles and turns to look at his son on his right, who's become more relaxed now that everyone's intentions have been laid bare.

"Thank you," Edward says, a twinkle in his eye. "I will do everything in my power to live up to your expectations."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Interlude: The Shield   4th Interlude: The Shield - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th Interlude: The Shield
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2