A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 10:52 pm

"............"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 10:53 pm

Konrad's eyes fall on the body of Wanda. His disdain cycles back, and he looks at her champions. Soon they'll be fighting for yet another clone, another Edward assuming the identity of someone else and erasing that person from existence in the process. He shakes his head at the dead woman and looks back at the speaker.

As he repeats the last line with the rest of the crowd, his eyes dart to Mihai. Hopefully they can get this out of the way and actually celebrate the good that came of this.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 10:56 pm

An exhausted Steve is leaning on his staff and he can already feel the headache coming. This always happens when he casts too many spells back to back. But he still holds it together to politely say, "May they find glory in the afterlife." He means it too. He's touched by the words Nadia has just said and begins memorizing them so he can write them down later.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:16 pm

A few minutes later, Nadzieja Zerva and her four champions return to their room to get a set of clothes and go take a shower if they need to. While the rain did wash away most of the blood, Nadzieja's uniform is now torn and shred, exposing part of her muscular abdomen and also the left side of the bandages wrapped around her breasts.

She doesn't seem concerned by this in the least and instead plops down on her bed, completely exhausted.

"Congratulations, First Zerva," Zenobiusz says with a smile.

She raises her head, confounded. Only now does she begin to realize what she's become.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:21 pm

"It's ok, just sleep it off. We'll talk when you've rested."

Mihai has Waterglass back.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:23 pm

"Better get use to the idea Nadzieja, people are going to call you that a lot. Even us in public I imagine." Steve smiles down at her, though he also looks exhausted.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:32 pm

Konrad smiles at her, he can't help admiring her right now. He tries to think of something to say, but settles on "Well done, Nadzieja."

"Oh, if you like, I can mend everyone's outfits again."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:35 pm

Mihai looks at his clothes - "I'm fine."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:39 pm

The young woman smiles at the champions and says, "Thank you. All of you. I—" Her cheeks are now red. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your help."

"I was the most qualified to join you in battle, so I didn't really have a choice," the white mage replies with a sly grin. "But you're welcome."

She nods and turns to Konrad. "I wouldn't say not to your offer."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:45 pm

"Well, I'm going to go take a bath. I think I earned it. Who do I talk to about that?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:47 pm

Konrad gets up and walks over to her bedside and starts weaving, continuing to look at her with admiration, if that wasn't obvious to her before.

"I don't know if I made it sound like you owed me anything to be your champion, but just so we're clear, you don't. Just...clean this place up. It'll take some time, but I know it'll be worth it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:50 pm

"I can take you there," Zenobiusz says to Steve. "It's just down the hallway."

Meanwhile, Nadzieja looks at Konrad while he begins to mend her shirt and says, "Thank you... I'll do my best."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:53 pm

Konrad smiles mischievously. "Well, what's the 'First' thing you plan on doing?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 11:54 pm

"Please do." Steve walks to the door and waits for Zenobiusz to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:12 am

"Take a quick shower and go see my family," she answers. She sounds both tired and content at the same time, and she seems lost in thought.

Zeno guides Mihai and Steve down the corridor. "This way," he says. "I have to say, I didn't think we'd get out of there with so few injuries."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:16 am

"Thanks to you, Zeno."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:17 am

"Yes, good work."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:26 am

"I'm just glad we're still alive." He stops in front of a large door and opens it, revealing a large washroom fitted with stall showers, sinks, toilets and even a sauna. Bulbs of magical fire placed at recurrent interval on the ceiling illuminate the whole room in a white light.

"You can find soap and shampoo in that closet over there," the white mage says. "Oh, do you want me to go get your friends?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:27 am

"Would you mind? My sister might be worried."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:29 am

Konrad nods. "That sounds like a good idea. No one rules alone. I won't tell you who to trust, but you'll need close allies."

He thinks for a bit. "I know I can't stick around, but I'd still like to be one, if there's anything I can do."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:38 am

Nadzieja ponders for a moment while she watches Konrad slowly mend the fabric of her uniform. "My clan is always in need of good warriors," she finally says, now looking directly at Konrad. "You've risked your life for me today. That's... not something I'd expect from anyone. You'll have a place with us if you ever want to join."

Zenobiusz nods. "I'll get right on that."

He waits to see if Steve has anything to ask of him. If not, he'll leave the two adventurers alone and go get their friends.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:39 am

"Um, you wouldn't happen to have anything for Caster's Fatigue would you? I always get a bad headache after throwing around so much magic."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:41 am

"How about some aspirin?" the mage suggests, amused.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:42 am

"That would be nice. Can I get some juice to go with it?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:46 am

"I'll check the vendors' stock," he says with a chuckle. "Be right back."

He leaves the washroom, leaving Steve and Mihai alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next