A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:46 am

Mihai uncerimoniously proceeds to go get cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:51 am

He nods, pondering, looking down for a moment. "I like to roam, but I thought I would just return to Clan Atak if I got homesick, or if they needed me. Now I just can't stomach it, with what I know. You do have a navy now... Hmm. Strange as it sounds, I might take you up on that."

Joining a navy? How ironic is that?
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:52 am

"Thank you." Steve enters his stall and does his thing, tossing his wet clothes into a pile on the ground with his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 12:58 am

"The fleet isn't ‘mine’, but yes... I could arrange something for you."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:08 am

Konrad hesitates. He has no idea what to say in this moment. Join a navy? What the hell is in his head? Well, it's not a "what"--it's her. This might not be very smart of him, but what wouldn't he do just to be closer?

"Thanks." He continues to focus on mending, albeit frequently stealing glances at her.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:21 am

Once the red mage finishes mending the Szef's outfit, Nadzieja thanks him and leaves the room to do what she said she would; take a shower and go see her family. She informs him that she'll wait for the party at the terraces, right where they sat for the previous battle.

That is when the white mage returns with the youngest members of the party in tow; Amber, Fluffle and Florolf. The two teenagers hug the red mage to congratulate him on a battle well fought and compliment him for the courage he showed in front of such power. They were really afraid for their friends for a second.

"Thank you," Konrad says, returning Amber's hug and putting his hand on Fluffle's back when he comes to do the same. "I was worried too, for a moment there. I'm quite relieved I didn't have to die, or show off my invention."

"An invention?" Fluffle repeats.

"Yeah, whatcha talking about?" Amber asks.

Konrad answers, "Oh, it can wait for when we're back on the ship for now. I'm trying to keep it very hush." When he says this, he looks at Zenobiusz directly with a raised eyebrow.

That's when Mihai and Steve return to the room. Amber doesn't waste any time and immediately tackles her brother, trapping him in a tight embrace. "Are you okay?" she asks. "The white mages didn't miss anything, right?"

Meanwhile, Fluffle calmly flies over to Steve, sits on his shoulder and enthusiastically pats the back of his neck. "That was some impressive magic!" he says, very impressed.

Zenobiusz watches this scenes from the wall, which he is leaning against.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:23 am

He hugs his sister just as tightly - "No, i... i wasn't injured this time."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:26 am

Amber steps away from Mihai, and with a relieved tone, she says, "Good. Can't have you kick the bucket before we get to save Breeze and Fedler."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:32 am

"Thanks Fluffle. It's good to see all of you." Steve bends over and rubs Florolf behind the ears in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:34 am

The carbuncle is very excited to see the adventures safe and sound it seems, and he starts to purr when Steve pets the back of his ears.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:35 am

"Damn straight." - he acknowledges.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:43 am

"How about you Steve?" Amber asks. "...You look tired."

"These should help," Zenobiusz says. In his hands are two aspirins and a small bottle of juice. "I could only find apple juice."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:46 am

"Thank you Zenobiusz, apple juice is one of my two favorite juices." He takes the pills, pops them into his mouth, and drinks them down with the apple juice. "Other than Caster Fatigue I'm good Amber; no hits on me. Casting that much magic is just exhausting."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:51 am

"Did any of you spot Femke?"

He thought about looking up to the very top of the arena walls - of course, he keeps this to himself, to avoid implying any new revelations to Zeno.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 1:56 am

Amber appears relieved to hear that from Steve and smiles from ear to ear at her friends. As for Fluffle, he gladly answers Konrad's question. "No, I haven't. And I even flew around a little to look for her."

"Yeah, I didn't see her either," Amber adds.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Dec 2018, 2:05 am

He shrugs. "She's very good at hiding, isn't she. Here, let me go shower before I wait with you, or drink, or whatever you want to do before the night comes to a close."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 10:46 pm

While Konrad takes his shower...:

Once Konrad and Mihai have rejoined the party, they make their way up back into the terraces and immediately spot Nadzieja, who's joyfully chatting with her clan and family. The moment the party approaches her, everyone turns their heads towards the four champions and start applauding for them.

"Here they are!"

"Where were they hiding!?"

"That was some mean scuffle! Well done, you bastards!"

"Woohoo!"

"You showed them!"

With a smile on her face, the new First of Myr joins her clansmen in claps for the four men who helped her win this victory. Amber and Fluffle happily do the same.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 10:50 pm

Mihai awkwardly scratches his head - "Thanks."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 10:51 pm

Konrad smiles under the attention. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 10:53 pm

Steve waves at the crowd, not the least bit embarrassed. "Thank you, everyone!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 11:18 pm

Nadzieja steps forward, raises her hands and motions for her people to quiet down, which takes some time before they accede to their leader's wish. Once a semblance of order has returned, she turns to the adventurers and tells them, "I'm the one who should thank you. You've done me a great favor fighting for me when you had plenty of reasons not to."

The hundred or so clansmen standing in the terraces now pay close attention to First Zerva.

"And to show you how grateful I am," she continues, "I offer to the four of you one boon each. As long as it's reasonable and in my capacity to give, you shall have it."

Zenobiusz looks at the other three champions, quite proud of their achievement.

"Of course, you don't have to choose right now."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 11:29 pm

Caught off guard by the offer, Steve looks at the others to see where they are at and finds them at much the same loss for words so he ventures to say, "Thank you for your generous reward, First Zerva. We'll consider what to ask for most carefully, right guys?" He looks at the others for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 11:31 pm

As he listens, Konrad resists the urge to shake his head. 'Plenty of reasons'? At the moment, only one bad reason comes to mind.

"Indeed we shall, and I will name something appropriate in a timely manner."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 11:34 pm

Mihai is at a loss for words until the wordier speak up - "Yes. Thank you." - he manages.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Dec 2018, 11:58 pm

"I have a few ideas already," the white mage whispers to himself, delighted by the idea.

"For now, how about you joins us for a few drinks?" Nadzieja says to the party. "We're planning to go celebrate at the Faculty. Seems like my right-hand had already planned for it."

"Yeah, let's see how strong you are with a tankard in hand!"

"Don't be pussies!"

"Bet you never had real Myrzen beer."

"Come on!"

Amber's eyes twinkle at the invitation, and she immediately turn to her brother and expectantly look at him. Fluffle widens his eyes, curious to see what this party would look like, and even Florolf is wagging his tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next