A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:42 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Thanks."

She takes a moment to admire the unknown stars that lit the sky, before slowly closing her eyes, and falling asleep after only a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:44 am

Kolson wrote:
Carlos heads back into the Grove to wash his gear in the creek. Carefully setting down his hammer and mechanically removing his armor Carlos spends the next while washing out the blood, checking for damage, and buffing out any nicks. At some point in the process Katheryn entered the Grove to do the same but moving further southwest so that they both can have some privacy. Finally satisfied with his work, the dwarf lays up against Eyton to watch the creek but his fatigue soon overwhelms him and he is asleep long before Katheryn heads to the Feywild.

And so Carlos dreams...

Dream 1:

Dream 2:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:45 am

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn and Carlos:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:46 am

Kolson wrote:
Carlos and Zoe:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:47 am

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn and Hunter:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:47 am

Kolson wrote:
Okay, so everyone has gathered in the meditation room per Carlos' request. There are two benches, one along the south wall and the other along the east wall. Zoe sits on the bench to the east, Jojo next to her, and finally Liam chooses to remain standing. He leans against the northern wall.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn spots Zoe on the bench and decides to sit down next to her, opposite Jojo.

"We having a meeting?" she asks the half-elf. "Hunter said you have something to tell us."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
""Yuppers. I'll wait till everyone is here. I'm sure we'll talk strategy too." The cleric looks down at Kat's shiny armor and exclaims, "Oh, how did you get it so clean? Do you know magic?"

Jojo leans forward to see.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:48 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Hmm?" The white-haired woman briefly looks down at her armor. "Carlos and Hunter said something like that too. Isn't it supposed to look like this after you clean it in the water?"

These comments are clearly starting to puzzle her.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:48 am

Kolson wrote:
"It should get cleaner, yes," says Jojo, "but you'd normally have to use some kind of polish to get it that way. Have you had anyone take a look at your armor for enchantments?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"Enchantments?" This idea has never crossed her mind. "Why would it be enchanted? I found it in a burned down manor." She looks at the armor in a new way. "I mean, you can take a look at it if you want, but I doubt you'll find anything."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Carlos actually has to stop himself from laughing when he hears about the self-cleaning armor of awesome again, and Kathryn's simplicity. Trying to keep from getting sidetracked, he now speaks to everyone, though he addresses mostly Liam.

"I'll cut right to it, if no one mind. Eyton talked to me in my sleep just now. Gave me a better understanding of what happened here. There are things you'll want to know, but the really important bit right now is that he vouched for Allinandra."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Liam sputters in flabbergasted incredulity. "What?" he finally manages, accidentally yelling in his surprise.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:49 am

K wrote:
"I know, i know..." - Carlos attempts to disarm the incredulity and keep it focused - "I just slept against the tree, since it didn't feel right to take the beds of your friends so soon after..." - he trails off for a moment, but then catches himself and continues - "Well that's just it, Liam. Dianne did give her life, but the rest of them are safe with some Gnomes. Eyton wouldn't tell me where, but i know Allinandra is friends with at least one of them, so she knows."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:49 am

Kolson wrote:
"What, why? I don't understand. What do you mean the rest are safe? Why would Allinandra know?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Carlos sighs - "As Eyton told it, this was a plan between her and Dianne to get Nesme overthrown. I don't really know the details. If you want the whole story, we'll have to ask Allinandra herself. Eyton said he won't be available again for another couple centuries."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Why would she do it at all?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Carlos shrugs - "Nesme is evil, Allinandra likes Enihahes and is cousin to Dianne..." - he slumps his shoulders as he enumerates off the top of his head - "Also..." - he hesitates a bit - "Maybe she just wants to bury the hatchet between you and them. She'd have good reason to." - he runs out of words for a moment, before refocusing himself - "Anyway, you'll have to ask her."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:50 am

Kolson wrote:
Liam tries to respond but he stops and starts 3 times before giving up. Zoe stands up and goes to his side, leading the poor druid to an empty bench seat on the south wall. She sits with him, patting him on the back.

Jojo says, "What else do you have on your mind, Carlos?" The sorcerer is clearly frazzled by these revelations but is trying to keep things focused.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:50 am

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn has been silent through this whole exchange, and still is. Judging by her posture, she seems relaxed, and there's an inexplicable tenderness in her gaze. She keeps listening.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"So...no one really died? This...I believe you, but this makes no sense to me."

He frowns as he turns over the information he's been given.

"Actually...it does make sense. Nesme was supposed to be vulnerable. But now she has Ludmilla...but she's not expecting us to live through this... Did Eyton vouch for the Woodsinger clan members outside?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Carlos shakes his head - "No, he didn't. That unsevered thread out there is probably Allinandra's gift to us. Hunter you take Jo and go through the Feywild, and take position in case things go sour. I'll take Kat and Zoe and go out the front door." - then he approaches Liam, and for the next few words he completely drops his Dwarven accent and speaks in perfect Nerathi - "You were treated really badly in all of this, Liam. I won't insult you by pretending to know what you're going through, but right now we need a guide to help Hunter and Jojo sneak to that spot and help us bring an end to this. Are you able?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:51 am

Rory wrote:
"Hold on!" Hunter stands up, his fingers twitching for half a second.

"You said the entire grove was in on this. If that's the case, then why wasn't Liam or the two kids informed?"

He regards Liam with new suspicion. "What are you doing here, Liam? If that is your real name. If those really are children back there. If they really are sound asleep."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 2:51 am

K wrote:
"¡Oy, Hunter!" - Carlos snaps - "If you can't read between the lines, at least stop antagonizing. He's the Master of the House now."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Liam looks over at Hunter, rage in his eyes. "You think I wanted this? This had little to do with what I wanted! She obviously left me here so I could explain things to you and guide you through this dumb, idiotic, and stupid plan!" He buries his face in his hands, clearly distraught.

"Hunter!" Zoe chastises the ranger, scowling at him and making a fist for good measure. She goes back to comforting the druid. "There, there, Liam. You aren't alone. Most of us are friends."

Jojo strikes a pose, clearly hating the confrontation. He manages to say, "Hunter, maybe don't insult our guide."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next