A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 4:32 pm

Rory wrote:
To Steve, Konrad merely says "Attaboy," before going off to mingle with the locals and find out what he can about the unfriendly strangers, as he learns, were here a couple days ago.

In response to Mihai, Konrad chuckles and giving his partner a hearty slap on the back, saying, "You and me, we're gonna get along great!" and returns to perusing the patrons.

More questions for the innkeeper and his son. "Describe them to me. Did they wear any colors, like I do? Hear them speak any names?"
"Are any of the rooms they used occupied at the present*(hopefully no more than 3)* been seen to yet? I could work my magic on them to be sure they left nothing harmful."

Diplomacy 6
Permission to Scan the rooms the mercenaries used. How many rooms?

The bard's apprentice:

ooc:

Questions purely out of curiosity for the apprentice: Some basic information about the apprentice's master and the level of his renown. Perhaps I've heard of him.

mana priority:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 4:33 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Inn - For Steve:

Inn - For Konrad:

Inn - For Mihai:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 4:34 pm

Fedler, Mihai - Stormy Maiden:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 4:35 pm

The Ice Queen (Steve):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:00 pm

Rory wrote:
Mana - 3/5

Room service:

do not disturb:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:02 pm

Room Service:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:03 pm

Rory wrote:
Mihai and Steve: after I inspect the room, and before I meet up with Eralda, I return from the would-be leader's room to inform the two of you that we'll be dealing with a Green Mage. Someone capable of summoning Aspects, and from the way I tell it, it's safe to say my thoughts have wandered a little further than they should on the subject. "Dirty rotten shame that she's our enemy, though...I think a green mage would be a lot of fun to play with. Right, goodnight and good morning."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:10 pm

Zeiss wrote:
The party goes on for a while, and Lomner is more than happy to share with Steve a few stories about Zelk, including some that are pretty embarrassing, such as when she was nine years old and chased a chicken around the courtyard, wearing nothing more than her underwear.

Then morning comes, and Steve must leave the comfort of his damn near luxurious bed. His new father-in-law makes sure he has enough food to last three days though, and wish him well on his travels. He and Zelk better not delay the marriage for too long; he cannot wait to see his grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:10 pm

K wrote:
TEMPORAL REWIND ACTIVATE

Previous night, Steve's big engagement party.

Very innocently, Mihai says to himself.

"So THAT's how i could have slept for free at every inn!"

K wrote:
Sorry to spoil everyone's lazy morning, but.

Half an hour before first light, Mihai knocks on the doors of both Steve and Konrad. Steve first, because he wants someone to share the blame with for cancelling Konrad's morning lay with Eralda.

"Ah, so sorry to get you on your feet so early, but i've been contacted regarding a possible business venture to be happening soon." - he says, in his friendliest manner possible.

*expecting mandatory wtf Mihai from the party; then*

"While you (Steve) were sleeping, and you (Konrad) were oddly giggling in a lady's voice last night, i was contacted by the Hunter assigned to the Waterglass region. Apparently they have a job they'd like to hire us for, should it strike our fancy. I find it rather fortuitous myself, actually."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Thankfully, as it's half an hour before first light, the only thing disturbed are Konrad and Eralda's sleeping. "It's alright, he's a friend. Go ahead, mate," he says, fully expecting some important bit of news.

After Mihai says his piece, Konrad asks, "What, right now?" which is likely followed by an affirmative from Mihai, and the explanation that we're being told half an hour before hand so that we can take care of our morning prep before we go and speak to the hunter.

Konrad turns to Eralda and says, "I need to hear this offer, also this is farewell, as I'm on a job currently." He takes his time with getting up and getting ready so that she has ample time to get a word in, or even have a conversation.*

Clothes on, armor on, weapon belted to his side, Konrad leaves the room. At the bar, he'll order breakfast and have them hold it for him, as he'd like to speak to this hunter right away. Naturally, they tell him his food will get cold, and he'll respond by saying he's in the mood for a cold breakfast.

Commandeering leadership in the moment, he dictates his thoughts to the others when they meet up in the bar on their way to meet with this hunter. "Here's what we do. We get three days. Half a day's ride to Waterglass, a full day to sleuth about the town and prepare - for both, if that Hunter's offer strikes our fancy. Another full day to take care of the first job, then we get started on whatever it is they want - if it strikes our fancy. The longer we take, the harder our current task will be to complete."

Konrad has already accounted for breakfast when calculating his expenses for staying at the inn.

* - I'm not expecting a long talk. She is a bard's apprentice, after all. She travels, I travel, etc.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:12 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Eralda actually groans when Konrad wakes her up by leaving the bed. When she hears the explanation, she absentmindedly says: "Huh, sure, okay," and goes back to sleep, undisturbed.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm

Kolson wrote:
Steve will file those stories away in his mind for later use and laugh in faux-embarrassment at his "future father-in-law's" suggestions of grandchildren. After leaving the letter with Lomnar and wishing him well, he will join the conversation already in progress with his comrades about their plans.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:18 pm

K wrote:
"Well, i had my own thoughts regarding compensation. They need our help in this matter, and i don't imagine they'll have their pockets lined with cash, being who and what they are, but what they're likely to have is ability. Whereas we have just a vague location for our targets' whereabouts, and the best guess as to their strength already suggests they outnumber us. If instead of a fee we agreed to an exchange of favors - with skilled trackers who happen to be highly familiar with this area, no less, it might make our job a lot easier."

He adds in a lower voice.

"Why, depending on the number of our opposition, we might force a surrender altogether. A fort can easily turn into a prison if you control the terrain, after all."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:18 pm

Rory wrote:
"Surrender..." he shrugs, "if you insist. I suppose we could ask for support on our current assignment up front. So what sort of job do 'they' want our help with?" In a hushed tone, he adds, "And keep in mind, the longer we wait, the sooner our quarry are likely to find a buyer. More dillydally means a harder fight and less chance of finding that book. You getting all this, Steve?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:19 pm

K wrote:
"Aah, you know. Just some trouble they're having that they could use an extra hand with."

He speaks as they head outside. Once they're through the door, Mihai checks for eavesdropping, and once he's satisfied, he lowers his voice to a whisper.

"It's a cursed wolf. No one can know about it until it's taken care of; she was very explicit about that, with good reason. And yes, if we can force a surrender, we can bring back prisoners, as per the client's preference. That, or we can negotiate for the buyer's name in exchange for their freedom. No fuss, no muss, easy money for all involved. And at the least, they can give us the lay of the land and everything they know about that fort, being the local Hunters and all. And if it comes to the worst, i don't expect it'll cost them much to provide cover with those bows of theirs while we go in and get bloody. It's a win-win, far as i see it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:20 pm

Rory wrote:
As they leave the inn, Konrad decides he will take his breakfast to go. He asks for a disposable plate of some kind, perhaps a bag, or even large bottle. Let's go with the bottle. Along the way, he eats his food from the bottle with a fork(because I have dinnerware now), tipping the bottle until food gets close to the mouth, whereupon he will jam the fork into a sausage he can reach, or scrape pieces of egg out and into his mouth. Needless to say, some passersby gawk at the sight of his monkey-brained behavior, not knowing the original reason. He flashes a dimply smile at the people who can't help but giggle or laugh.
Diplomacy
Raise disposition

"A curs--" he starts out loud, choking on a piece of egg.

When he's finally cleared the obstruction from his throat, he lowers his breakfast bottle and hisses, "a cursed animal? I see, they must be desperate for help. The priority, however, is the task at hand. The wolf's not going anywhere."

"Now, we could see about using the traps against them, if you're up for a little game of cat and mouse, but listen, we need to level on something and not get crazy.

"Capture or kill, 'neutralize'. That is the preference. They'll meet the end of their rope soon, mate, that's how this is going to play out. Now listen to me, the name of the buyer is the bonus and optional. Neutralizing them isn't optional, it's objective. We fail to neutralize them, we haven't done our job properly, and the Coins aren't going to like that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:20 pm

K wrote:
Mihai shrugs.

"No argument there, but still no harm in taking the advantage. I very much doubt they'd kill for us, being Hunters and all, but we can still use their expertise."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

Rory wrote:
"Oh, don't worry about that, Mihai. The militia, at least, won't have any hangups with killing them if they bother, after all this is our job, we're with the You-Know-Who's. If killing is out of bounds to them, we could accept the condition of capture-only at the negotiating table with the militia and the Hunter, but that's getting too far ahead. I honestly I don't know much about these 'Hunters'. What are they, bounty hunters? Freelance animal control squad?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm

K wrote:
"They keep an eye on the wildlife, that's all i know."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:22 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad grunts dismissively. "Oh well. If what you gather is true, any information they can give us would be wonderful, but they may not have any training or proper equipment of their own that can help us deal with our problem."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:23 pm

K wrote:
"Well, anything's premature at this point." - Mihai concedes.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:23 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad grunts dismissively. "Oh well. If what you gather is true, any information they can give us would be wonderful, but they may not have any training or proper equipment of their own that can help us deal with our problem."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:24 pm

Steve wrote:
"I think we should take them with us. The more hands we have the better in my book. Besides guys, do you really want to be in the front line of battle with no one to back you up? I bet the militia captain could take a few hits for you at the very least."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:25 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Just as the sun is rising above the horizon, the hunter appears at the edge of the forest, less than fifty meters away from the three of you. She looks the same as yesterday; a young red-haired woman with short hair who is wearing loose pants and a shirt under a tightened up leather armor, with a green cloak above it to presumably conceal her presence if necessary. The way she carries her bow on her back makes it clear she's not to be messed around with. She approaches your group at a steady pace, until she finally stops right in front of Mihai. She glances for a second at the mages, holds her stare a little too long on Konrad's armband, then sharply says:

"Hello."

She pulls down her hood and reveals what would be best described as a delicate face, if not for the long scar on the left side of her neck which contrasts heavily with her overall lithe appearance. Something sharp caused that, and it is so apparent that it's easy to ignore her tomboyish looks which might confuse other people as to what her gender is, until they examine her more closely. The few freckles on her face make the scar seem even more grim.

"So, have you made your decision?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:25 pm

Kolson wrote:
Steve nods in greeting but lets his fellows speak for the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next