A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 10:33 pm

As Steve introduces the fairies one by one, he notices that Nadzieja's composure slowly begins to erode away. It's clear to him that she's wondering whether or not he's really going to do this, and when she realizes that he is, she momentarily widens her eyes. She recovers her smile quick enough and welcomes each and everyone of the fairies without showing any sign of displeasure.

The fairies themselves are overjoyed to meet the First of Myr and they all fly up to her to either bow, shake her hand or compliment her. A few of them even take fantastic poses when their name comes up. As for Bonbon, he quickly disappears under one of the table with his piece of jerky when Steve rats him out. Several of the clansmen find this whole scene hilarious.

It takes a few minutes before Steve manages to introduce all of his friends, which nets him a few awestruck looks from the people seated near the entrance. Even Amber and Fluffle seem impressed. As for Nadzieja, she's feeling quit overwhelmed by all this, although she can't help but also chuckle at Steve's antics, especially when all the fairies say hello to her using her name.

"Hi Nadia!"

"Nadia is such cute nickname!"

"Nice to meet you Nadia!"

"Hello Nadia! Thanks for inviting us!"

"You're so beautiful Nadia!"

The young monk smiles at her small guests and says, "Welcome everyone. Please, take a seat. We prepared a table for you, but you can sit anywhere on the tables as long as my comrades are okay with it."

"Thank you!"

The fairies disperse across the room and go meet the rest of the clansmen present here.

"Awesome! Hello comrades!"

"Can I sit on your head?"
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 10:43 pm

Mihai looks back and forth between Hazel and... Nadia, wondering if the latter will really be wearing a Fairy on her head for the night.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 10:44 pm

Konrad smiles at the whole affair with the fairies, laughs a little at the bacon smuggler, and follows the group to take an empty seat close to where Nadzieja must be sitting, whatever appears to be the head of the table or the focus of the arrangement. His heart sinks each time Steve, or one of the fairies, uses Nadzieja's Imperial name.

He looks around the room for Zenon Duma and his sister Angelika, and Jaropelk.

Spellcraft 22
Keeping an eye out for Green Mages who have summoned aspects.
(if I roll high enough, something "off" about one's connection please)
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 10:52 pm

"Me and the Vulcan Singers are planning some music after we eat. Were you planning to talk at all?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:02 pm

"Jaropelk was just going to say a few words to kick off the evening," the young woman says while examining Steve's guitar. "You might want to wait until everyone has eaten before you sing; my people aren't very attentive when they're hungry."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:09 pm

"Good to know. I'll doodle around on my guitar if I get the hankering to start early but I won't call anyone up until the food is done. Speaking of which, I'm starving. Introducing a hundred fairies is hard work!" His hat goes off, playing a popular dance tune from Highwind. "Oh no! Eleven already!" He salutes her and walks in to find a seat.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:38 pm

The sudden song playing from Steve's hat startles Nadzieja and she instinctively steps away from him and raises her fists, but lowers them as quickly as she can when she realizes what happened. Somewhat embarrassed by her overreaction, she points to a table at the other end of the room and says, "I, uh, I reserved this table for you. I'll join you in a moment."

Amber chuckles as she passes by the young First, and with Florolf in her arms and Fluffle on her shoulder, she makes her way through the crowd. It seems the party is sitting right next to the Zerva family and the Administrator of Odwaz, Anastajza Zawistowski. They greet the party members as they sit down next to them.

Amber doesn't hesitate and takes the chair right next to Saria and Volwind and starts a conversation with them. Fluffle joins their conversation while Florolf decides to sit on Mihai's lap for some reason. He's purring.

There is no sign of Duma or her sister. As for Jaropelk, Konrad has no idea what he looks like.

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:42 pm

Konrad nods to the Zerva folks. "Now you must be very proud," he says, referencing something he said to them earlier in the spectator seats.

The monks nod back at Konrad, beaming with said pride. "You can say that again," Leon replies.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:48 pm

When Nadia lowers her fists, Mihai adds - "I don't know, i think i'd hit it just to be safe."

Then as they all sit, Florolf sits on Mihai's lap. Florolf sits on Mihai's lap. Mihai notices Florolf has for some reason just sat on his lap. And is sitting on his lap. Purring. As he sits on his lap.

Mihai is unable to fully process what is happening, but it seems that Florolf is indeed sitting on his lap. His jaw drops a little, but he tries regaining his composure, and proceeds to try and pet the Carbuncle sitting on his lap.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:49 pm

"Wow. Never thought I'd see the day." Steve says to Mihai.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:50 pm

"Technically, it's night..." - he responds, still unsure of what's happening.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2018, 11:55 pm

Konrad harumphs. "Ask him, maybe he'll even talk this time."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:00 am

The carbuncle closes his eyes and purrs louder, apparently enjoying Mihai's touch very much. He lowers his ears and even wags his tail a little.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:06 am

"This... i, uh..." - he tries to come up with something - "...he hasn't gone anywhere close to the Cider yet, so..."

He keeps petting.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:07 am

"Well, I'd say he likes you. Maybe you finally won him over?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:08 am

"Not sure what it is i did..."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:10 am

"Well, does it matter now? At any rate, this is called a 'pet', friend Mihai. You 'pet' the pet, it makes you feel better. It's an enjoyable experience." He smiles, teasing the man to get past his own lingering disappointment.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:16 am

"You don't say..."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:32 am

The discussion is interrupted by Master Avalon who has just left his seat and is now standing next to the adventurers. This catches the attention of the youngest people of the group, but the other monks seem to have been expecting it. Master Avalon extends his hand to the three champions for a handshake and tells them, "You helped Nadzieja today, and for that, we are very grateful. Thank you."

The old monk's voice is warm and his eyes a little misty. Leon, Valor and Suzy all smile to the adventurers, even Konrad.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:33 am

"You're welcome, Master Avalon." Steve shakes the offered hand.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:37 am

Konrad treats the handshake with the reverence of a starving man who just received a cup of water.

"I was happy to. You're very welcome."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:44 am

Mihai tries to say something, but it gets stuck. He just shakes Master Avalon's hand and replies - "No thanks required, Master. We'd do it again."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:55 am

Master Avalon shakes everyone's hand with a firm grip and a twinkle in his eyes. He then returns to his seat and the monks resume their conversation.

This is when Fluffle—who's standing on Amber's shoulder and maintaining his balance by holding onto her ear—points something out. "It's Szef Duma!" he exclaims. "And his champions too. Nadzieja is really kind to invite them here."

The monks and the Administrator glance at the entrance to confirm that the green mage and his retinue of mages are indeed present for Nadzieja's victory celebration. They are all wearing the same type of robes as before, without the wear and tear. The First welcomes them just like she did for the adventurers.

A big smile appears on Duma's face when he shakes her hand.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 12:59 am

"Cool. I was wondering if any more Szefs would show up. Politics and stuff."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

Konrad frowns. "Yes, she is." He smiles when he sees any of them looking his way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure   Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval VI - Celebration and Departure
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next