A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:35 am

Kolson wrote:
"Huh? Since when?" Steve looks back and forth between Mihai and Fedler, waiting to see who will answer first.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:35 am

Zeiss wrote:
In all appearance, Fedler was listening attentively to her comrades' discussion, but Mihai's question seems to have snapped her out of her thoughts.

"She didn't tell you?" she asks, surprised. "I assumed she did when I told you the news. You kind of... didn't react."

The hunter's eyes alternate between Steve and Mihai. She then crosses her arms, and explains.

"She's going to call in some favors, and arrange for her transfer back to the Citadel. She..." Fedler takes a moment to choose the her next words. "She said she would find a way to make Yen her student."

The young redhead scratches her nose and looks away.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve nods. "Good. I hope she gets it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"Yeah, sorry. Uh, i mean, i figured, but..." - he halfway points at his head - "...multitasking." - then quickly breaks and looks at the mage - "Innocent lives, Steve." - back to Fedler, pausing slightly so he doesn't say it on the same breath - "That's good." - his tone becomes a bit softer - "That's really good." - he says, as if a weight had been partly lifted off him.

He thinks of a few more things to say, but they'd be needlessly specific, and hardly what Fedler needs to hear, so he awkwardly leaves it on that positive note.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:36 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve starts laughing at how awkward Mihai just made things. "No need for that, you need to relax man. Come on, I'll buy you guys a drink before the meeting. Frankly you could both use it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:37 am

ooc discussion:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:39 am

Rory attempts to seduce and gamble for a woman's time like she's a prize. It doesn't go over well.
A Botched Intrusion (Konrad):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:40 am

Rory wrote:
In enters Konrad at the mention of an alcoholic evening. "Whatever it is, make mine a double. Don't forget we've got a meeting in about half an hour. You don't want to be late to your first debriefing."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:40 am

Kolson wrote:
"Eh, we have time for one. It only takes like 15 minutes to get there. Come on." As Steve and Konrad leave to get drinks, the young man will stop and look back. "Well, you guys coming? I seriously doubt Yen will need you in the next 5 minutes if that's what your worried about."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze silently listens to the others talk while taking a few bites from her newly acquired cupcake. As for Fedler, she simply nods at Steve, then says, "I've got to check something first."

However, she doesn't go into her room, but walks up instead to the next one and knocks on its door. A man opens it ajar, recognizes the hunter, and says, "Yes? Is there a problem?"

"No," replies Fedler, "but I have to meet someone. I should be back in an hour. You'll look after her?"

"Don't worry, she'll be safe."

She nods at him, then turns back towards the group. The man closes the door, not even acknowledging the rest of you. Fedler, who probably notices the questioning look of her new colleagues, quickly explains, "That's one of the mages from the Citadel who's in charge of looking after Yen. Blackcliff had his men warn them, and they got us these rooms."

The redhead debates whether she should stop there or not, but she decides to continue.

"There's a ship sailing for the Citadel tomorrow. They'll take her there."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:41 am

K wrote:
".................i see" - Mihai finally manages - "C'mon, let's get this thing with Sonlake over with. It shouldn't take that long."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:41 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve will lead the others to the bar and buy them a round of whatever they want. As for himself, he'll have an ale if available or some white wine if not.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Your group go down the stairs and leave the inn through the lobby. The innkeeper is stunned at the sight of the little fairy, and as you walk before him, he does nothing but stay silent, his eyes fixated on her. As for the last patrons left in the lounge, they only get a glimpse of the strange creature before you get outside, but it's enough for them to exclaim their awe. For some reason, none of them follow you to get a better look at Breeze.

Steve guides the rest of the party to a tavern he passed by a few days ago and which is located halfway between the inn and Sonlake's office. On the way there, Breeze attracts the attention of many passerby... namely, all of them.

|"What... what is that? Did you see!?"
|         "Dammit Garry! I told you to stop fixing our drinks!"
|  "I didn't! I mean, I did!"
|                    "Woah."
|       "What the fuck!?"
|                "Should we call the guards? Maybe it's dangerous!"
|"It's waving at us man. I don't think it can even hurt us. Do you see how small it is?"

Needless to say, she is causing quite a commotion, to which Breeze reacts as best she can; by eating her cupcake and waving at people while saying "Hello!". Fedler approaches the rest of you to confer.

"We should go directly to the Coins' office and avoid the tavern." She glances at the fairy who has now wolfed down half of her cupcake. "I don't trust a drunken crowd with her around."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:44 am

Kolson wrote:
"Lame." He looks at Breeze. "Hey, these folks are being awful so how do you feel about hanging out in my pocket till we get a table in the corner or whatever with some privacy."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:44 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze frowns at Steve. Her expression is similar to the one she had when Konrad suggested they break one of her love globule as an experiment.

"Nope," she declares categorically. "I'm not going to hang around in a pocket while you guys have fun. Not anymore." She then takes a big bite of her cupcake to make her point.

Fedler sighs, then says to the group, "Look, we don't need to go to the tavern to drink. Someone buys a few bottles, then we go to find ourselves a nice place with less people."

The fairy quickly raises her hand. "Oh, I know a place! Let me pick! Let me pick!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:45 am

Kolson wrote:
"It would have been a minute tops. We were going to a tavern in the first place because we don't have time for anything else. Jeeze you guys. Can't we do anything fun or not sad for 5 minutes? Are we really going to let jerks dictate what we can and can't do now? Whatever. Forget the whole thing. Let me know when you guys are ready to lighten up. I'm sick of your eggshells." He'll head towards the meeting, muttering to himself in frustration.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:45 am

K wrote:
Mihai just shrugs.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:46 am

Rory wrote:
"Hey, hold up, Steve. Fedler, if we say we can't bring her in with us, we're saying she's not ready. Friends, she's as ready as she's ever going to be. Let's go inside, get our drinks, and show her the ropes. And if it comes to it, have some faith. We fought a cursed wolf, an oracle, and an elemental. I think it's safe to say we're better than a bunch of drunks who think they're tough."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:46 am

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler eyes down Konrad, but it's Breeze who replies. "I think she's saying it's these people who aren't ready for my awesomeness, not the reverse." She chews down a bite of her cupcake. "Anyway, Snowstorm is already gone. We should catch up to him."

The fairy then flies away towards the black mage, and Fedler follows suit. Breeze sits down on Steve's shoulder and says, "Hey, want the rest of my cupcake?"

Half of it is left.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:47 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad shakes his head and follows. No free drink. He's not really in the mood for one anyway. "Well, that should be 'tough break' for them. Oh well. I don't really feel like doing anything else. I'd prefer we just went to the outpost already and sat in the waiting room, maybe start our meeting early if we can."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:47 am

K wrote:
As if waiting for the cue, Mihai just mechanically says - "Right. Let's get going, then."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:48 am

Kolson wrote:
Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
The fairy then flies away towards the black mage, and Fedler follows suit. Breeze sits down on Steve's shoulder and says, "Hey, want the rest of my cupcake?"

Half of it is left.

"No thank you, I wanted a drink with my friends and comrades, not pastries." He sounds tired and sad. Like from deep down.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:49 am

Zeiss wrote:
"There there," says Breeze while patting Steve on the neck like if he was a big dog.

It takes only a few more minutes to reach the Coins' offices of Highwind. At the top of the building sits a clock which indicates 12:04 PM, and the entrance can be found under it. Your group enters and sees that the door to Sonlake's office is open. He appears to have lighted a few candles for this late meeting.

Coins's offices:

"Please, come in," he tells you.

Once you do, you spot him behind his desk, sitting on his chair with three purses of gold in front of him. He seems tired, and not just because that he was woken up in the middle of the night.

"So that's the famous fairy," he adds, amazed by what he is witnessing.

Breeze happily replies, "Yo! So, you're our new boss?"

He smiles. "I'm only a manager, but yes, you will take your orders from me." He then turns towards the hunter, and nods. "Miss Melan."

Fedler nods back at him.

"So," continues Sonlake. "I hear everything went to hell?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:49 am

K wrote:
"In a nutshell." - Mihai replies - "I assume you know the details by now."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:50 am

Zeiss wrote:
Sonlake sighs, rubs his eyes, then says, "Yes, Tom told me. About everything."

He gazes at all of you for short moment, then continues with a drained voice, "It could have been much worse."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next