A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:33 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad merely teases, "Next time I'll send you an invitation."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:34 am

Zeiss wrote:
Tom Blackcliff shrugs. "No matter."

He then looks at the pocket in which the fairy is hiding.

"Hello there, Breeze. You can come out now. It's safe."

She sticks only the top of her head out to observe the commander.

"Don't worry; it's not the first time I see one of your kind. I just want to talk to you."

The little fairy tilts her head.

"You really met others like me?"

"A few times."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:34 am

Rory wrote:
"Our little friend here has expressed an interest in joining the Coins, sir."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"Does she now?" asks the commander.

"Hey, don't speak like I'm a child!" complains Breeze, who has now stuck her whole head out of Steve's pocket to accusingly point her finger at Blackcliff.

"I'm sorry," he says with an apologetic tone. "So, you really wish to join us?"

She hovers in the air, then replies, "Yes. But I don't want to hide in anyone's pocket anymore! And I want to be treated like Goldgiver and Snowstorm right here! I want to be paid too!"

For the first time since you met him, the commander smiles--gently. "Done."

Breeze's eyes blink multiple times. "Really?" she asks.

"Really."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:35 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve rolls his eyes at Konrad's snide remark. Way to be professional Goldgiver. The mage blinks a few times as he realizes Breeze was referring to him when she said Snowstorm. He then nods. So it is and so it shall be done! Smiling at his private joke he says to the fairy, "Welcome aboard Breeze."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:35 am

Rory wrote:
ooc:

"Yes, it's official now, isn't it? Welcome to the 113th Adjunct of the Coins mercenaries."

"Are we to report to you for assignment, Commander? Or should we return to the outpost in Highwind to pick up our next contract?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze is surprised that Blackcliff has agreed so easily, and it has left her speechless. The commander moves on to Konrad's question.

"You can rest today. We will leave tomorrow morning."

He turns to Steve and holds out his hand in front of him. "The orb, please."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:36 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve opens the "journal," and produces the orb. "One impossible object, sir."

He offers it. "Where did it come from? Who made it? Why did so many people die over this?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:36 am

Zeiss wrote:
Upon seeing the orb, Breeze's eyes grow large. "Oh!" she exclaims. "It's a love globule!"

Blackcliff is unfazed by the fairy's attempt to peak at it, and he chooses to ignore her as he takes out a metal box out of one of his saddlebags, and stores the strange object within it.

"Oh man, it's so much prettier than mine! Lots of colors!"

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:37 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve's reaction:

"Love globule? What's that?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:37 am

Zeiss wrote:
The commander's smile seem to be stuck on his face, as he hasn't reacted in any other way. Breeze hovers near Steve, a finger on her lower lip.

"Well..." she hesitantly starts. "It's like a book! After I make one, I put all my feelings in it, and the person I give it to will remember me forever!"

Her mood suddenly darkens, as she remembers something. "I gave one to Yen... But it's no good. It didn't do anything to help her."

That briefly gets Blackcliff's attention, but he doesn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:38 am

Kolson wrote:
"So wait, whose is that then? Why would anyone else want it?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:38 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze tilts her head. "I don't know. I didn't make this one."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
They both look over at the commander.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The commander calmly explains.

"Hmm, you weren't here when your colleague Mihai deduced the reason for the Oracle's presence here. I will give you the short version; we were working with her on the political unification of Lofell and the Free Feathers until she turned rogue, which means that we lost all the information she carried with her. We hired the thieves to retrieve that information, but she followed them and, without any knowledge of our own involvement in the matter, hired the Coins to resolve this problem. We learned thanks to your colleagues that our first Adjunct was killed because they tried to protect this little one," he points to Breeze, "and you three were sent on this mission to quell any suspicion Marie Lavoie might have about the Coins until me and my subordinates could reach Waterglass, thus buying us enough time to salvage this whole operation."

He pauses. "Any other question?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Yeah, but why? Why not just tell us to keep her busy?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:39 am

Zeiss wrote:
He raises an eyebrow. "She was an Oracle."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:39 am

Kolson wrote:
He's not happy but he isn't yelling either. Steve is more sad than anything. "And six people are dead. A little girl became Cursed to try to save her aunt. A local mage risked Madness to suppress her. And we almost died. This got pretty bad, sir. Do you still think not telling us was the right call?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
He doesn't even hesitate. "Yes." There's a short silence. Then, with a soft voice, he adds, "Too many people depend on us."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:40 am

Kolson wrote:
"And who are they?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:40 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Everyone you might care about."

He passes by Steve, pats him on the shoulder, and says, "We talked enough. For now, rest." He looks at Breeze. "You should stay hidden until we leave Waterglass; I don't think the villagers are in the mood for another surprise."

Then Konrad. "Good work. I'll make sure to notify your handler about your significant contribution to this mission."

The commander leaves the stables with the metal box in his hand.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve sighs, and watches the commander walk away. After Blackcliff is out of sight he says, "I think I'm going to go check on Calla. Did you want to get a drink with me after, Konrad?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:41 am

Rory wrote:
The grin Konrad had adopted with the formal induction of Breeze into their group drops from his polite facade. He chooses to let Tom Blackdliff handle this - Steve has only just begun his career as a mercenary, and a lot about his perspective goes without saying when mindful of that. Thankfully, the Commander seems like a patient man.

He's not the slightest vexed or fazed by their superior's responses. When Steve offers to meet for a drink, he answers, "Need a couple cold ones to wash off the fatigue? I was just thinking the same thing. I'll scrounge up a few and meet you wherever, just name the place. Say, may I borrow you for a minute, Breeze? I had a few questions for you about these 'love balls' - orbs, whatever."

[I'll dump the information on you guys later, but I was thinking about checking up on Eralda. Who's dead, I know.]
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:41 am

Kolson wrote:
[I don't blame you. Seems like a shame not to do something for her. She wasn't a local, right?]

"Yeah, exactly. If you can scrounge up something I bet one of our rooms is clear. I mean, we ended up in three different buildings, surely one of them isn't, you know. I honestly have no idea where we'll sleep otherwise." He shrugs.

Whatever Breeze decides to do, Steve will wave goodbye and say, "One of the clear rooms. One hour. Later."

Now off to find Calla.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Konrad's request intrigues Breeze, but she doesn't seem to mind it. "Yeah, sure. And it's a love globule, not a love ball. You can't play with it."

She says it like it's obvious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next