A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:22 am

K wrote:
Mihai goes quiet for a second. Then - "I've found the first Adjunct party yesterday. Is it alright to talk about what we found, at this time?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:22 am

Zeiss wrote:
"What did you find that would warrant this kind of secrecy?" he asks with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"A letter written by a man named Jacob. Much of it is too bloodied up to read, but it strongly implies that he was the one behind - or at least involved, with the Journal's theft. Apparently, the Oracle had been somehow in league with him for some time, but something happened and she went rogue, so he needed the Journal back from her. He sent the team to retrieve the item and kill the Oracle, but they clearly underestimated her."

He takes a moment's pause, then continues.

"The next is conjecture on my part, but whoever Jacob is, he seems to be involved in something highly important. Most likely, some kind of magical research, if the Oracle's abilities were anything to go by. The things i've seen her do these past two days defy common sense."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:23 am

Zeiss wrote:
At the mention of the name Jacob, the commander's subordinates exchange discreet glances with each other. Tom Blackcliff doesn't seem fazed by it, as he simply take a pipe out from one of his pockets, lights it, and keeps listening with attention to Mihai's report. He exhales a few puffs, and once Mihai has stopped talking, he takes a moment to ponder his next words. There's an unusual long pause, then finally;

"It was no magical research."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:23 am

K wrote:
Mihai takes a pause of his own. Then - "What was it, sir?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
He looks directly at the party.

"The political unification of Lofell and the Free Feathers, which would be made possible by the blackmail of the five ruling families of Lofell."

A puff of smoke escapes his mouth.

"The Oracle's abilities came after she went... rogue."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai goes silent for a second. Then - "What.... happened to her? She didn't just get greedy, i take it. It was like she wasn't even Human."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:24 am

Rory wrote:
Conveniently, Konrad is no stranger to the motivating political maneuverings driving most of his exploits on the high seas. However, he liked to have both feet in the water, both feet on the ground, etc. Half outside the circle when already half inside was not how he liked to play it. All the way in, or all the way over his head, no in-between.

"Commander, this is in stark contrast to the information provided with our orders. I can speculate that because they include two who speak Lorinthian, the thieves wanted to fight this blackmail in some way. From what you tell us, though, they only attempted theft on the rebound, and it's even dodgier whether they were in the wrong, 'official story' notwithstanding of course. I think we're owed an explanation. It wouldn't be efficient for us to retain this conflict of information. Do you know how these 'thieves', formerly, are really involved, or what were they trying to do? Or should I ask them myself?"

He avoids calling it an "error", as it was clearly never in error at all - rather, their ignorance was intended to be beneficial to their contract's completion, and to the Coins.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:24 am

Zeiss wrote:
To Mihai, Tom Blackcliff replies, "I will tell you what happened to Marie Lavoie when the three of you are ready to commit your lives to our cause." A severe expression pass on his face. "For now, you only need to know that she went rogue."

To Konrad, he shrugs and replies, "We hired them to retrieve this journal, just like your colleague implied. They didn't know we were involved since our agreement had been made through a secondary agent. We arranged for the exchange to be made here, in this village. Obviously, this whole affair got a lot more complicated when the Oracle herself came after the journal and hired us to retrieve it for her. We had to improvise. However, the first Adjunct was killed, and she asked for another one to be sent as a replacement, to which we complied. It was meant to give me and my group enough time to reach Waterglass. And yet, it seems it we underestimated your resourcefulness."

The smile he gives you tells you that he is impressed. "It appears that up until the end, she had no idea about our involvement in this matter, which makes me wonder why she would kill Vydorn and his people." He pauses. "Any clue?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"Yes. Their team offered the Fairy to take her under their wing. She was a kept by the Oracle as a specimen. Then the Wolf snuck up on them." - he quickly replies. Then - "Also, your cause?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"Wolf?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:25 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad gives Mihai a stern glare. I'm through sidelining this issue. "An exchange between us and Waterglass officials: help and additional coin for killing a cursed wolf for them. Turns out that she, or her Aspect, had been controlling it, no doubt to keep the locals out of the woods while she tasked the adjunct with fetching the...fairy. Shiver me damn timbers, have some bloody tact about this, mate," he snaps at Mihai. "In any case, I would happily be contracted by the Coins in service to their illustrious cause."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:25 am

K wrote:
The icy stare Mihai shoots back at Konrad says exactly what mood he's in to be scolded by him.

"Commander, if you'll excuse me, i have matters i must attend to. My colleague will tell you everything you want to know."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The hand on his chin, the commander takes a moment to think. He looks up when Mihai addresses him.

"You will take care of such matters later, private."

After a short pause, he asks, "I noticed that some villagers were wearing the armors of the previous Adjunct we sent. I assume you know where their bodies are?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:26 am

K wrote:
"North of here. We took the armor to bluff the thieves into surrender. Then covered the bodies."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:26 am

Rory wrote:
"I asked a scout of the local militia to get some people together to get the bodies we left at the scene of the fight. I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking up the deceased adjunct on the way, if you like."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"No."

His rejection tells you that his decision is final. He looks at the other three Coins' members, and they nod at him. One of them brings out a flask of oil from one of the saddlebags, along with a small metal box of unknown make. They leave the stables, and walk towards the forest.

"Now, it's time I meet this fairy. Please, take me to your colleague, Steve Oldturn."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"I could bring them here. Most of the town doesn't know about the Fairy yet."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:27 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Very well."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:27 am

K wrote:
Mihai leaves and goes off to find Steve.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:30 am

Konrad stays behind to ask Tom Blackcliff some questions and to bounce a theory off of the commander.
Elemental, Tom Blackliff (Konrad and Blackcliff):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:31 am

Velstar leads Yen to her home while Fedler and Steve follow, with Breeze riding along in the mage's pocket.
Accursed; Ill-Fated (Steve):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:33 am

Mihai comforts Fedler and hears her decision to join the Coins.
Fedler's Decision (Mihai and Fedler):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:33 am

Zeiss wrote:
Just as the commander was going to comment on Konrad's theory, Steve enters the stables.

"Steve Oldturn. Thank you for joining us." He looks behind the young mage. "Mihai Sobotka isn't with you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve nods to the commander and Konrad in greeting. "Sorry sir, was he supposed to? He only told me I was needed. I assumed he was free to leave. But then I also assumed we'd be reporting together. Goes to show what I know." Steve clearly isn't happy about being left out. "Sorry I was late."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next