A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 1:25 am

The silver-haired knight hisses between her teeth. "I'll be fine," she says. "This jerk just tried to take a bite out of me."

The sunshine reveals that her injury is still bleeding, but she doesn't seem too concerned about it. She turns to the Naiads and says, "Oh, hi. I'm Ser Kathryn. It's, uh, nice to meet you..." Her gaze momentarily wanders on their exposed bosoms. "Hunter said you could help us make this lizard talk."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 1:28 am

Hunter drops the lizardman to go see what John's talking about.

"You're bleeding? No, it's not 'fine' to be bleeding from a bite wound."

Ignoring introductions, against protestations he intones a cure spell to close Kathryn's wound, and touches the back of her neck.

Cure Wounds
Kathryn is healed for 11
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 1:55 am

Carlos disengages Zorgulmir - "Hi, i'm Carlos Jalapeño de..." - he trails off for a second at the sight of the naked river women - "...Muerta-- Kat you're gonna get an infection from that, drop the lizard and let Hunter fix it." - he quickly and forcibly shifts his focus.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 2:00 am

"Fine, fine," she acquiesces, embarrassed. She lets go of the scaly monster and lets Hunter cast his spell on her arm, which visibly relieves the pain and rapidly heals the injury. Once it's done, she turns to the ranger, gives him a sweet smile and says, "Thank you."

She then faces the Naiads again and waits for their answer.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 9:20 pm

He smiles back and forgets himself. Two seconds after she looks away, he realizes his hand is still on her, and lets her go.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 9:40 pm

The Naiads smile knowingly at each other at Kat and Hunter's exchange and Gilly says, "See, I told you he has a girlfriend now."

But before her sisters can start peppering the two with relationship questions, the serious brunette with the fish tattoos on her left shoulder says, "Focus sisters, we have business to attend to first. It's a pleasure to meet you heroes, I'm Brooke. You seek to question the lizardman then? We can do this thing, if you bring him closer and loosen the gag on his mouth first. But after, he's ours, to do with what we will."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 10:28 pm

Hunter doesn't know how to respond, but he can see the lights flashing behind the ladies' eyes. He's grateful when Brooke redirects their attention on their catch.

"I'll agree to that," he answers back, knowing full well that they intend to repeat their earlier overkill. "As long as I get to keep a snip of the tail, that checks out with me."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 10:33 pm

Luckily for Kathryn, nobody can see her blush because of the blood she smeared on her face. She shifts uncomfortably and appears relieved when they change subjects. She nods gratefully to the leader of the Naiads and says, "Yeah, I have no problem with that either. What about you guys?"

She turns to the rest of her companions.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 10:36 pm

Carlos shrugs - "We've all been making corpses all day, what's one more for the pile."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:02 pm

"Indeed, Carlos. Works for me if we get some idea of what this about."

John nods too and says, "That seems fair to me. We'd basically do the same back at the castle. He'd just be hanged after is all."

"I've already got enough data on lizardfolk injuries for now. He'd just end up sitting around while I reformulate and who wants the smell?"

"Yes, because that's the important part," says Zoe sarcastically.

"Indeed!" The alchemist smiles, the sarcasm completely lost on her.

"I'd rather hang the tosspot myself but if it gets some intel from the bastard, do what you will with 'em."

"I'm fairly sure she wasn't talking to us, Bill," Sarah says in disapproval.

"Since when do I care?" He nevertheless quiets down. Sarah smirks and motions for Brooke to continue.

"Very well, bring him to the shoreline." The naiads swim back, giving you guys some space to deposit the shaman.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:06 pm

Kat finds Illyana's narrow interest amusing, and she also finds the exchange between Bill and Sarah very interesting. Now that everyone has agreed to hand over the lizardman to the Naiads, she grabs the monster by the arm and brings it next to the shoreline.

"Here you go," she says while taking off the gag.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:09 pm

Hunter picks up his side and shuffles with the others to bring the lizardman, definitely wriggling against their efforts, dangerously close to its natural enemies.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:15 pm

Carlos grimmly brings the lizardman forward, along with Kat.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:42 pm

John stands up and says, "Here, let me help you guys with that."

"You can have my leg. Thanks John. Those stairs weren't good for my back." She rubs her sore back with her free hand and sits down next to Ilyanna to relax.

"Of course." With John's help, the three of you walk the struggling lizardman over to the riverbank and deposit him right there. Kat removes the gag and Carlos and her hold him there by the shoulders. He struggles the whole time, hissing expletives at you in Draconic. That is until Brooke starts singing. The otherworldly sound of her voice fills up the clearing and you can feel the wordless tune digging deep within you, awakening happy memories of love and friendship shared with your loved ones. As she swims closer to the lizardman, it struggles less and less until finally, their faces close, they embrace. The lizardman says, "Hssgood to see you, my old friendsss."

"Hello. It's been so long," Brooke says, "I have some new friends you should meet. Why don't you introduce yourself to them."

"Why am I tied up, uh-?"

"Brooke. My name is Brooke silly. You were very ill and not yourself. You were thrashing in your sleep and even bit this kind lady here. Do you remember?"

"Nosss, I do not."

"Do you remember your name at least?"

"It's Sleessstak. Shaman of my tribe, the Jadessscales."

"That's right. Please friends, untie Sleestak. He's himself again."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 11:56 pm

The song's effect notwithstanding, Carlos grimmaces as he proceeds to untie the lizardman.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:00 am

Kathryn is momentarily hypnotized by the song and a smile slowly forms on her lips as she loses herself in her memories. When Carlos removes the gag however, she shakes off the effect and listens very carefully to the conversation at hand. She wants to say something, but can't bring herself to when she sees the lizardman act this way.

She appears uncertain of how she should react in this situation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:01 am

Hunter can't help slipping into these feelings, his mind swimming in memories: the comfort of his mother's voice when she sang to him; archery practice in the woods with his uncle; playing hide and seek with his cousin; fun times over the year with his new friends, especially Kathryn.

The end of Brooke's song feels abrupt, but he stoops to loosen the rope, then just cuts it, given how tight they are and worried about the spell's duration.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:09 am

A grim silence has fallen over the gathering as the reality of the charm spell settles over everyone. It's one thing to hear about such things but another entirely to see them in action.

"There you go Sleestak," Brooke says with a friendly smile. "You should thank everyone for helping you."

"Thanksss for helping me." The lizardman tries to stand up but is dizzy, and slips to one knee.

"Be careful, you're still weak." She places her small hand over his great big one.

"I'll be careful. Brooke no worry." He rises to his feet and turns around to face your group. "What are your namesss?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:16 am

"Hi, Slestak..." Kat says hesitantly, feeling her previous resolve waver in face of the lizardman's greeting. "My name is Kat. I'm—I'm the one you bit."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:18 am

"I'm... i'm Carlos." - manages the dwarf, entirely uncomfortable with the turn this is taking.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:20 am

"You can call me Hunter Thrul," the city boy answers, cringing at conversing in a friendly manner with a creature whose bounty he intends to collect. He shakes it  and tries to put on a tough act, clapping a hand on Kathryn's shoulder through her pauldron and giving her a nod.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:36 am

A very uncomfortable John says, "Um, John. It's uh, nice to meet you."

"Zoe." She waves halfheartedly and goes back to ignoring the proceedings as best she can.

"Hello Sleestak, I'm Ilyanna and the alchemist that treated you. Other than dizziness, do you feel any other side effects?" She gets up and walks over to see what he has to say.

"I don't think ssso."

"Fascinating. You may have helped me push the boundaries of lizardfolk medicine!"

"Good?" says a confused Sleestak.

John puts his hand over Ilyanna's mouth and says, "Excuse us, I need to talk to her right away. Over there. Don't mind us." He starts herding Ilyanna away, practically carrying her.

"I'm sssory I bit you Kat. I wasssn't myssself."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 12:43 am

She lets out a sigh of relief at Illyana's carefree attitude, which should help cover the uneasiness that has spread over the group. The lizard's apology visibly perturbs her however, and she needs a second before she can respond to Sleestak. Thankfully, Hunter's encouragement seems to help with that."...Can you tell us what was happening before we brought you here? Why were you in Toadwallow?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 1:03 am

A look of great pride comes over Sleestak as he says, "The Slayer of a Thousand, Thousand Chiefs commanded us, his loyal servants, to raid the river traffic on the Nentir River. Our warriors took them by surprise, killing many, but capturing more. We had a big feast, where we ate most of their strongest warriors. I was commanded to bring the rest here and sacrifice them to the Eye of Tiamat, and then bring it back to the Master. I'll be greatly rewarded when I do."

The shaman blanches visibly when he sees the look Bill gives him. If looks could kill, Sleestak would be in the Shadowfell right now. Sarah quickly turns his head away and whispers an order to him. He spits and gets up, walking away.

"Why isss he angry?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 1:07 am

Kat gives Hunter a quick look, urging him to say something. She'd do it herself, but for some reason, can't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next