A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 12:42 am

Zoe changes instantly into her golfing attire through her hat of disguise, which is of course dwarven mail. She adopts a faux posh voice as well. "I shall join you good sir, for today is a fine day for a more civilized war." Once outside she looks for a stick from one of the trees and finds a branch that will do. She breaks it off and joins Carlos for some driving.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 12:43 am

Kathryn happily picks a sturdy stick and joins her two friends outside to play this strange game, which surely must have its origins in dwarven lands.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 12:48 am

It's not long before Hunter feels Kathryn's absence. He finishes the game of dragonchess with Jojo (crushing him), shakes his hand, and joins the other three outside to try this "golf" thing.

Luck on the Path (group):

Hunter and Kathryn:

Sitting in a tree... (Kathryn and Hunter):
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 8:50 pm

And so the party spends the rest of the day and night at the shrine. After a pleasant and relaxing sleep, the party awakens at 6 am feeling like a million bucks, like you could all take on the world. Everyone gains the effect of one guidance spell anytime before their next extended rest. Neat!

Guidance:

After everyone has a chance to go to the bathroom and wash up, Kat makes a nice breakfast from your supplies, somehow churning dried fruit, biscuits, and owlbear meat into a breakfast of champions.

This is when Jojo stands to everyone's attention and broaches the subject of their plan today. "Alright, everyone listen to Jo! Today is the first step of our trading mission to the Vale. I know everyone has additional priorities and Nesme is certainly up there, but we must make this a success!"

"Here, here!" says Zoe, knocking the wooden table three times for luck.

"To do so, we must first gain access to the market in Harkenwold and to do that we need the permission of Baron Stockmer."

"I can be of service in this," offers Ludmilla. "It's the least I could do for your help so far."

"Yes, that is very helpful, thank you. Added to the letters I carry from both our guild master and the Baron of Therund, this should be more than enough to gain us a friendly audience. To that end, I suggest we present ourselves immediately and ask for lodging. I then believe we should take the opportunity to get cleaned up before our formal audience. As representatives of the Golden River Trading Company, you are each expected to wear your official uniforms at any formal function with the baron and to conduct yourselves with the utmost dignity and respect. Remember, your behavior won't just reflect on us, it will reflect on the entire guild. Are there any suggestions or questions? I know I have a few myself about the baron."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 9:21 pm

Hunter nods along to Jojo's words.

"To my knowledge, he hasn't named an heir," he speaks up, "and so far it's been a string of family tragedies. That will be a topic of conversation to politely avoid. He might have named someone since I've been further south. If that's the case, he'll probably have sent, or want to send, someone to find that person."

He toys with his last piece of fruit before eating it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:18 pm

Kathryn listens attentively to her friends so she knows what to do once they introduce themselves to the Baron. She seems relieved to hear that they should easily get an audience with the lord of this region, but she does have a concern she wishes to share. "Eni told me that as a Shiere Knight, I'm supposed to introduce myself to any ruling lord of the regions we travel through," she says. "Am I supposed to wear my guild uniform too?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:21 pm

Carlos' life seemed to drain once the talk started being about etiquette and uniforms, and now he's barely able to hide the dread he feels for Kat's double adherence .
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:36 pm

Jojo nods along to Hunter's sweet info but gives a strangled cry and dramatically strikes his frustrated "F" pose when Kat asks her question. "Jo completely forgot about that." He rights himself and begins stroking his chin while he thinks about it. "We'll return to that topic shortly. What else do you know about the Baron, Hunter?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:40 pm

"Oh, okay." The young knight straightens her posture and turns to Hunter to listen to the rest of his explanation. "I'm sorry, did you have more to say?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:45 pm

Hunter nods to Kat. "Yeah, don't waste time on fancy words or try to butter him up. He's got a life and not much longer to live it. You might hear some folks call him 'The Old Man', but for the love of the pantheon, don't say that to his face. Just call him Stockmer. He's pretty grounded."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 10:48 pm

"Yeah, I think I remember people calling him that," Kat remarks.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:00 pm

"Ay, works for me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:03 pm

"That's good to know. Does he have any family then if he has no heir?" asks Zoe.

Ludmilla gives her two cents. "He be married again, but no other direct kin. Molly be a shrewd woman and good company. Just be yourselves and you should be fine. There be no delicate flowers in Stockmer Keep." She chuckles at the idea. "They both enjoy playing dragonchess and old Stockmer loves talking botany and woodworking. He'll likely show you his latest creation with little prompting."

Jojo nods to Ludmilla when she finishes. "Okay, I'd say that's enough information. Thank you all. But now we need to figure out this thing with Kat. Does anyone have any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm

"Hmm. The sword is the only unique thing she received as a newly anointed knight. So it's just a matter of saying so, isn't it? So, she can introduce herself after we all introduce ourselves on behalf of the guild, right? We can each make our own introduction, and her knighthood can be part of hers."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:17 pm

"Oy Kat, isn't it a matter of just saying who you stand for when you introduce yourself? Ludmilla says they don't have any delicate flowers over there, so you shouldn't need a lot of gardening."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:25 pm

Zoe fidgets uncomfortably in her chair and says, "Mmm, that will probably work this time but the Stockmer's reaction is only half the equation now. She's an unlanded noble, if she doesn't act like it she risks her reputation and the reputation of her Order and of Eni herself. That might cause problems later. Big ones. What did Eni specifically say about this Kat?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:33 pm

Kathryn brings a index finger to her mouth and tries to remember what the Lady of the White Well told her. "Hmm, she said I needed to present myself to the local lord and to ask for accommodations while I'm there. The Eladrin made some agreements I think with the people in Nerath, a long time ago." She pauses, and then adds, "Oh! I also need to tell him about Eninahes and that I'm on a quest to save her from a curse."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:38 pm

"Yes, I was afraid of that. The Feywild works like a bard's tale. You do the right things, the right things have a tendency to start happening. So if you need to get a lot of attention for an Arch Fey, go around asking for quests."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:45 pm

Hunter puts a hand up to his face. "Oh boy. Well, that doesn't really change much, does it?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2019, 11:54 pm

Carlos shrugs - "Ask for quests, then. Introduce yourself, say who you stand for, ask if there's anything a big shiny knight of Eni should rise up for in those parts. If there is, you sword, i hammer, Zoe spins round and round, we all be in a tale."

Zoe giggles at Carlos' joke about her dancing.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2019, 12:02 am

Kathryn listens to her friends and smiles gratefully at them for their help.

"Thank you," she says. "That sounds like a good idea. I... didn't expect this to be so complicated."

She thinks for a moment and adds something.

"Hum, what if I also ask for an audience with Lord Stockmer, but we come in at the same time? Then I introduce myself and explain the situation."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2019, 12:05 am

"That sounds smarter than what I was thinking. Oh, what about..."

Hunter reaches into his pack and pulls out a book with an antique-looking cover, and opens it up.

"Oh, this is a book on etiquette," he explains, stalling his words as he focuses on flipping through the pages. "It's just something I sorta found in the woods over...a year ago, ish. It had a four-leaf clover in it. The clover seemed like a sign, so I've held onto it since."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2019, 12:08 am

"A four-leaf clover you say? Let's see what the book says before we make any decisions then." Everyone waits while Hunter flips through.

Hunter:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2019, 12:21 am

"Wow...I've never had a reason to go to this part, but it even has rules for traveling in different planes! Alright, Kathryn, you introduce yourself first, and then introduce Jojo. Jojo, you pick it up from there as you normally would, and we're all golden."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2019, 12:25 am

Kathryn nods at Hunter with earnest and says, "I can do that. In that case, I should wear my uniform, but not ask for my own audience, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next