A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019, 11:39 pm

Riding with all speed, it takes the party almost four hours to get to Harken. The ride is mostly one tired, uneventful blur. The people of Albridge stayed well clear of the blood-covered and smelly heavily armed group and the folks of Harken would no doubt do the same if Meredith's Place wasn't the first business as you ride into town from the north. The sun went down two hours ago and you guys find yourselves in front of the inn at the tail end of their night.

The building itself is a two-story converted and expanded house, dating back to the founding of Harken four hundred years ago. Two lamps hang on either side of the door and cheery light pours from the windows and crack under the door. An old farmer exits the building as you ride up. He's almost six feet tall and has a mess of wrinkles. His work pants and shirt are stained with the day's work and his straw hat looks recently patched. He looks at all of you and your weapons and says, "Howdy. Staying in the inn?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019, 11:49 pm

Hunter steps forward. "Hey, Hank, we're just stopping by for a meal. Sorry if we made you nervous. How's tricks?"

Intelligence 21
Result: Hank Adday recognized
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019, 11:51 pm

The young knight smiles at Hank through the blood.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019, 11:53 pm

Hank blinks at being recognized. "I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. You look familiar but I can't place your name."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2019, 11:55 pm

"Oh, I-I'm sorry. I'm Hunter. Uh, I used to live with Yorenan, remember?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:00 am

"I do now that you mention it." He moves forward and shakes Hunter's hand in greeting. "Welcome back, son. Looks like you lot found some trouble. I won't keep ya from your aunt--or that bath you are most likely looking for!" He breaks into a gap-toothed grin.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:01 am

Carlos chuckles - "Todos estamos, really. Kinda sticky right now."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:02 am

Hunter accepts the handshake, with a small chuckle through his nose. "Thanks! Actually, point-of-fact, trouble found us. Ranger business."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:06 am

"Yeah, we killed a bunch of bullywugs," the white-haired knight explains. "If you hear of anyone that needs help, don't hesitate and send them to us!"

She's very enthusiastic about this.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:21 am

He laughs with Carlos and says, "Aye, I could use one meself. But I'm glad you took care of those critters. Way I hear it they'd drag us all off to eat if they could. If you are serious about that offer, I'll be sure to let others know. Are you adventurers then?"

"We all work for the Golden River Trading Company but we adventure part time on the side," offers Jo.

"I see." He rubs his chin in thought. "Then you are looking to do some trading then?"

"Yes, that's right. We'd like to reopen trade between Harkenwold and Fallcrest if we can. But that's the future. For now we have goods we brought in direct from Therund." Jo watches Hank for a reaction.

That gets Hank's attention. "I'd be happy to take a look at any goods you have for sale. Just need the Baron's permission first."

Jo breaks into a grin and says, "Working on it. You'll be one of the first to know when we do."

Hank tips his hat and says, "Thank you kindly."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:26 am

Kathryn pats Jojo on the back for a job well done and then nods at the farmer. "I'm sorry Hank, but we really need to get that bath. Have a nice evening."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:37 am

"Oh of course, of course. Don't let me keep you. Have a good evening y'all. May the Moon Maiden (Sehanine) bless you." He tips his hat to all of you and starts moseying north to the path back to his farm. His gait is steady and strong, despite his advanced years.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:41 am

Hunter smiles and nods as he passes. "Heh, that's ironic. What a nice old man. C'mon, let's go see Meredith."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:43 am

Kat doesn't get what Hunter means at all.

"Yeah, let's!"

She almost skips into the inn.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 12:49 am

"Aye aye, let's get the grime off." - Carlos makes for the inn as well.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:33 pm

You guys step onto the wooden porch. On either side of the door are box planters containing white and gold narcissus flowers and an oval sign attached to the wall just to the left of the door proudly proclaims the inn as "Meredith's Place." The door swings open with a light squeak at the tail end and when you guys enter you find yourself in an entrance hall with an empty check-in counter, service bell, and two vases with white dogwood growing out of them. Hooks on the wall behind the counter have keys on chains hanging from them and each hook is clearly labeled with room numbers. Further on, a double-wide doorway with two wooden saloon doors on the south wall leads into the common room and stairs at the west end lead up to the second floor. It's not the largest inn you've been in but it has a cozy atmosphere thanks to the soft lamp light and general cleanliness. At least until all of you start cramming your way into the space in front of the counter.  

The sounds of clinking dishes and dinner conversation drift in from the common room. Hunter notes there's no music tonight. Highly unusual since his aunt's friend and business partner Nonnie Greentoes usually plays her fiddle every night.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:40 pm

Hunter rings the bell three times.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm

"Fiddle, eh..." - Carlos avoids touching anything, lest the grime on him mar the welcoming feel of the place.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:42 pm

Kathryn takes off her boots before she enters the inn, and explains to her friends with a shy smile, "I don't want to dirty Meredith's floor."

She holds her boots in her left hand and waits for the innkeeper.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 10:45 pm

Feeling a little impatient, and hoping to see his aunt again soon, Hunter uses Thaumaturgy.

"Hey, Aunt Meredith, where you at?" he calls out, his voice echoing through into the common room.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm

The sound of crashing dishes comes from the common room, followed by laughter and cheering from the customers. All of a sudden the cheering cuts off and the sound of loud stomping can be heard coming closer. A young woman with auburn hair and a scowl fit to cow a demon, stomps through the saloon doors and marches up to Hunter and starts jamming him in the chest with her finger. "Hunter, you dumb git! You scared me half to death and now half the dishes are broken! Mother is going to kill me! Ugh! Get in there right now and clean it up or so help me I'll start breaking them over your stupid fat head!"

At least Erin still remembers you. She's grown up a lot since he last saw her and is starting to fill out into a woman, rather than the gangly preteen he remembers.  

Erin Howard:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:18 pm

"Ah, ow, hey! Okay, sorry sorry sorry. Listen, if my friends can get some baths really quick, they could help us clean up too."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:21 pm

Erin's bold reprimand of Hunter's mishap surprises Kathryn, and she looks at the teenager with wide eyes. When Erin turns to look at the party, Kat smiles and nods at her.

She's still holding the bloody boots in her left hand.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:31 pm

Carlos has to suppress a chuckle, though the grin almost reaches his ear.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Mar 2019, 11:49 pm

Her anger is replaced by surprise when she sees what you guys look like. "What happened? You look like a butcher tossed lizard offal all up on you!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next