A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 12:40 am

"Don't mind Zoe. She's drunk."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 12:45 am

Carlos can't help but smile at the reunion - "I'm not drunk, and i think it's funny."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 12:47 am

"Well...just never do it to me, then."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 12:48 am

"I promise nothing!"

She rubs her cheek against her brother's with a huge grin on her face.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 12:58 am

"What? I'm not drunk. You're crazy. That's crazy talk. Like my master use to say, if you can ride a dwarf then you aren't drunk. Come here Carlos!" Zoe tries to climb on Carlos' back.

Griffin's anger is utterly defeated by sister hugs, which he starts matching with his own brother hugs. "I'm glad you're safe. When you didn't show up for supper I was worried. If Leo hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even known what you were doing."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 1:05 am

Hunter rolls his eyes at drunk Zoe. "Sorry for making you worry. I thought we'd be back sooner, but that cave had a lot going on. Not anymore, though. We blew it up real good. You might have even heard the explosions. Er, both of them."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 1:09 am

Kat giggles at Zoe's antics and says to her brother, "We're fine though! We killed the bullywugs, found some loot and had dinner at Meredith's! I would have come get you if I knew you were waiting for me. I'm really sorry about that."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 5:03 pm

Carlos takes on a posh tone - "One does not ride a Dwarf." - he proceeds to lecture Zoe with mock indignation - "A Dwarf will bear you on his back..." - he takes Zoe by the hips - "...or he will sling you over his shoulder!" - and hoists her onto his shoulders (as in, a shoulder ride).
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

Zoe giggles in surprise and then points forward for emphasis when she says, "Around the tables Carlos! Yah! Yah!" She taps her heels playfully against Carlos' stomach. Jojo doubles up laughing at their antics.

"Well, you can make it up to me by buying me lunch at the Silver Nail tomorrow. How's that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:17 pm

"Sounds great. And this time, I'll make sure to tell you in advance if I can't."

She then laughs at Zoe and her bearded mount.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:18 pm

Lacking a comeback for that, Carlos proceeds to go around the tables.

Then decides to hop-step it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm

With a smidge of anxiety, Hunter asks, "Actually, how about we do Meredith's Place instead?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:32 pm

Zoe is having a blast now and laughing very loudly. "Good job Carlos! To the kitchens for pastries!" She points to a door on the west wall that none of you have been in before.

"Oh, no thanks. Holly and I prefer the Nail and it's closer to the castle so I can hangout more before I have to get back to work. Holly is my wife by the way. I was going to introduce you all at supper but that didn't work out so well."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:34 pm

"I hope we get to meet her soon," Kat says. She then notices that Zoe is ordering Carlos to go to the kitchen. "Don't go too far! The steward wants to speak with us."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2019, 10:40 pm

Hunter's distracted by Carlos and Zoe running about. "Oh, right, sorry about that. I guess we really owe you, then. Sorry, I'm gonna go, uh..."

He gesticulates toward Carlos and Zoe to get it across in fewer words, before taking off after the pair of them to keep them from getting into trouble. "Shh, keep it down, people are sleeping!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 12:35 am

Carlos waddles away to the door in question, though upon reaching it he simmers down and lowers his voice - "Ok, now really, sshh..." - he quietly turns the handle.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 10:09 pm

Zoe leans into Carlos' ear and shhhs him very loudly before drunk-whispering, "Gotta be quiet Carlos. You're so loud!" The door opens up into the kitchen. It's a large setup like you'd expect for a castle this size with ovens for bread and a hot plate for soups and other dishes. The only light comes from a lamp at the prep station, which contains an older human woman dutifully chopping up carrots and onions. She wears the dress and headscarf of a servant. When she spots Zoe and Carlos she says, "Hello. What brings you to my kitchen at this hour?"

"Shhhh, people are trying to sleep." The old woman looks at Carlos in confusion.

Griffin watches Carlos and Zoe enter the kitchen. "What are your friends doing?"

"Zoe said something about pastries," offers Jojo.

"Oh. Well on that note, I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow Kathryn." He stands up and hugs her again.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 10:13 pm

"Goodnight Griff," the knight says a little more seriously. "Say hi to Holly for me. I can't wait to meet her!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 10:26 pm

"Hello, madam." - he points to Zoe - "I'm a Dwarf, riding an... wait no. I am Carlos, this is Zoe. We realize this behavior is downright bizarre, if not outright outrageous, but she's a bit too inebriated to care and i've got a beautiful half-Elf riding my shoulders, which... really makes for a terrible combination as far as propriety is concerned. You wouldn't have any pastries, would you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 10:28 pm

Hunter's heart wasn't really in it. He just wanted to make sure they would be quiet, and they're kinda doing that. He stifles a snorted laugh at Carlos' attempt to explain himself, and heads back to wait for the steward in the dimly lit hall.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 11:08 pm

The old woman smirks at you. "Oh, some of Stockmer's guests. I cooked a whole special meal for you lot and then you didn't even show up! Well, you are very lucky that Emily had me set aside your tarts, otherwise I was going to give them to my staff and then where would you be?" She walks over to a storage locker and a wave of cold temporarily hits all of you as she opens it up, pulling out two strawberry tarts on little plates, which she sets before you on the prep table. "Forks are in the strainer over there. Wash the lot of them when you are done and we'll call it even. Now say 'Yes Mrs. Alma. Thank you Mrs. Alma." and enjoy your desserts."

"Yay, pastries! Thanks Mrs. Alma!" Zoe tries to direct Carlos over to the dish strainer so they can get their forks.

"Definitely. See you later." Griffon bunches up the blanket and then leaves through the east door you guys have never entered, presumably heading towards his quarters.

Just as the door is shutting behind him the other eastern door opens up and an old man in fine clothes walks through with a lamp. The man looks at Kat, Hunter, and Jo and says, "Hello. I'm the steward, Marsden Lonetree. I was told there were more of you." His forehead crinkles in concern. "They weren't injured in battle were they?"

Marsden Lonetree:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 11:14 pm

"Oh!" Hunter stands up straight. "No one's hurt. Actually, Carlos and our drunken priestess are poaching pastries in the kitchen."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 11:17 pm

"Yeah... about that, really sorry to have squandered your time, Mrs Alma. Things took a turn for the complicated out there, and we couldn't make it in time for supper. Got to save some people, though." - he taps Zoe's leg - "Oi Zoe, i can't bow so you do it for me. Carefully, now."

He holds her legs to steady her.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 11:19 pm

"I'll go get them," Kat says. "One moment please."

She walks up to the kitchen and sees the old woman in the kitchen.

"Oh, sorry to disturb you, ma'am." She turns to her friends and tells them, "The steward is here."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2019, 11:24 pm

"What? No! Pastries!" She starts bowing repeatedly in an effort to get Carlos to comply with walking her over to the dish strainer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next