A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2020, 11:43 pm

Kathryn plays her part well and responds to Symania's question with the same fervor as the other Senior Hunters. She observes the rest of the ceremony with clear enthusiasm and makes sure to be one of the first ones to congratulate Alani on her new position as Elder of the Moondancers. She then joins the other Senior Hunters and stands with them while the rest of the tribe go talk with their new leader.

"After seeing her lead your people these last few days, I'm sure she'll do a great job," Kat says, a glass of wine in her hand. "The Alliance will be that much stronger with her as Elder."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 12:01 am

After taking his turn congratulating Alani, Carlos likewise joins the other senior hunters for some well-deserved booze.

"Aye, she done good." - he agrees with Kat's remark as he also raises his glass at Alani.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 12:38 am

"I believe that too, Ser Elwin, with all my heart," says Symania. "Given the challenges we've all faced, I don't think we could have gotten a better outcome."

"Aye," agrees Terron, "But now we have to prepare for the next war."

"We'll do that together, too," says Jojo, "Just need to get these ceremonies out of the way." The look Terron gives Jojo at the mention of more ceremonies causes everyone to laugh except Shandalar, who isn't paying much attention to any of you.

"Just one more to go," says Zoe, "And I don't think it will be as formal as you think. You Moondancers are way more ceremonial than Harkenwold, from what I've seen."

"Thank the spirits," mutters Aymar.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 12:45 am

"I thought it was nice... So when are we doing the other?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 12:52 am

Kathryn enjoys the conversation between the Senior Hunters and her friends, but she notices how lost in her thoughts Shandalar is at this moment and so she decides to ask her about it without drawing too much attention on them. "Hey Shandalar," Kat says in elven. "Is everything alright?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 1:18 am

"Sunset," says Symania, "Though Steward Lonetree said we could start earlier if we can get there sooner." Terron looks at the amount of admirers left to speak to Alani and then at the position of the sun in the sky. He sighs.

"We'll see," he says.

-------------------------------------

Shandalar is surprised when Kathryn talks to her, blinking several times while she gets her bearings, finally replying, "Oh, Ser Elwin. Things are fine. Why? Do you need help with something?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 9:43 pm

"Oh no. You just looked preoccupied, so I was a little worried. I can imagine things haven't been... easy for you, these last few days. If you... well, if you feel like talking to someone about it, you can always count on me. Only if you want to though. I'd understand if you preferred someone else."

Kat is a little shy making this offer, as she doesn't want to appear overbearing to Shandalar, but she's also very sincere about it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 10:16 pm

"Uh, so, I finally loaded off the trophies I've been collecting. Instead of splitting the bounty, this time I think we can use it to buy some food for... the new members. Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 10:38 pm

"The biggest help," says Symania after considering Hunter's question, "Would be new kits so they can take care of themselves." Terron nods in agreement.

"Tents we are working on, but they take a while to build to our specification," he says, "But they lost everything. Clothes, weapons, tools--money to help cover the replacement of those things would be most helpful. And we'll pay you back too. We always pay our debts." Aymar and Symania both agree with that.

Shandalar blinks at the offer, considering it past the time where most folks would have decided definitively one way or the other. Finally she nods to herself and says, "Actually, if you have some time later, I'll take you up on that offer." It's subtle, but Kathryn picks up on Shandalar looking at the other Senior Hunters with a little bit of anxiety, like she doesn't want them to hear what she might say.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 10:45 pm

Kat beams at the Senior Hunter and nods at her. "Of course. How about I come to your place later? Say sometime this evening?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 10:48 pm

Hunter's tail twitches, but he replies, "Of course. Whatever you think is best. I think we should start with clothes first."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm

"Hmm..." - Carlos ponders - "I ain't no smith, but i can make'em some tools, ya know." - he shrugs at his own little slice of awkward - "Every bit help, an' all."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 11:27 pm

"Hmm, those are both great ideas," Terron says, "Why don't me and Carlos worry about the tools while Hunter and Symania work on the clothes situation?"

"That's a wonderful idea" says Symania, "It will also let Alani and the others continue to focus on tents and food."

"Aye, leave that to us," says Aymar.

Jojo clears his throat and says, "Don't forget, Hunter, I still need your help tomorrow with that trade deal you suggested."

"That's fine, but I was thinking of maybe doing it at the castle later after the signing ceremony?" She looks apologetic as she adds, "It can't wait. I promised someone an answer tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 11:30 pm

"Oh, that can work too. Just find me at my room if we get separated, okay? I'll tell the guards at the Keep to expect you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 11:47 pm

"Oh, you bet," Hunter nods. "When did you want to get to Albridge again?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Feb 2020, 11:56 pm

Carlos nods at Terron - "Works fer me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020, 12:14 am

"That works," says Shandalar.

"I was thinking we'd leave right after breakfast tomorrow, get an early start," says Jojo. He adds to get Kat's attention, "Will that work for you, Ser Kathryn?"

"I'll get the numbers from Alani and meet you at the castle blacksmith tomorrow morning after sunrise," Terron says to Carlos, "How does that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020, 12:19 am

The white-haired knight nods at Shandalar, only to be interrupted by Jojo who asks her a question. "Sorry, what were you talking about?" After her friend explains what they were discussing, she briefly considers the idea and says, "Tomorrow morning sounds fine. I'll need your help explaining this deal to me though."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020, 1:04 am

"Sure. Right after breakfast makes the most sense. And while we're at it, I could do some fishing there."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020, 6:01 pm

"Bright an' early, 'fore the heat sets in. Sounds good ta me."

Letter to cousin Walter:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2020, 11:17 pm

Yorenan and Hunter:

The rest of the party passes pleasantly enough, with Yorenan borrowing Hunter at one point, but it remains a matter of waiting for Alani to work her way through her well-wishers and admirers. She spends hours at it, finally wrapping up around 7 pm. After retreating back to her room for an hour long break, she leads a walking procession to Harken and on to Stockmer Keep made up of all those that are attending the Signing Ceremony. You guys also join in, and although the pace is a slow one, you all arrive back at the castle with over an hour to spare before sundown.

Lady Emily has already begun preparations for the ceremony, with a makeshift platform having been constructed in the courtyard so that anyone who wants to can witness the signing. Guests from the surrounding villages have arrived in the meantime, and most of the village Elders are in attendance as well as various prominent Harkenwolders, such as the Amblecrowns. Dotted amongst the guests are your friends, from Bill and Sarah to John and Illy. Even Warlord Moz is here, with a small contingent of bodyguards including his surviving son.

A selection of local ales and wines has been made available as well as a selection of simple, yet tasty, appetizers. Meanwhile, Sorsha and the band from the official celebration party are playing relaxing ambient music, setting a pleasant tone to the gathering.

Before anyone can wander off, Lonetree says, "Please, follow me to the Baron's office. We can relax until the ceremony begins." And so he leads the way for you guys, Alani and her bodyguards, Symania, Terron, and Yorenan. As usual, everyone's weapons are taken by the pages, minus Kathryn's sword and the weapons of Alani's bodyguards. When you guys arrive at the office, you find Lord Stockmer, Leo, and Ludmilla already there sharing a drink and going over a stack of reports.

They all greet you with tired waves, Lord Stockmer saying, "Welcome back. I take it the ceremony was a success?"

"Aye," says Alani, "It went really well, once we finally started."

Stockmer smiles knowingly and nods, saying, "I understand exactly what you mean. Please, have a seat everyone." After the drink situation is sorted, he continues, "Emily assures me we should be able to start within the hour. In the meantime, I think it best we go over how we want to do this. We'll need someone to give the opening speech welcoming everyone to the ceremony and saying what it is we stand for and what we hope to accomplish with this new alliance. We'll also need to finalize the signing order.

"The signatories are: Ser Kathryn, leader of the White Well Alliance; Alani, Elder of the Moondancer Tribe; Leo, signing for the Harkenwold Rangers; and Jojo, as the regional manager of the Golden River Trading Company; and finally myself, as Baron of Harkenwold.

"And finally, I also plan to announce at the end of the ceremony the promotion of Yorenan to lead the newly founded Fallcrest Rangers and that he will take this copy of the treaty to Fallcrest for the Lord Warden to sign."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2020, 11:32 pm

Kathryn blinks at the news that Yorenan is being promoted to lead a new chapter of the Rangers, which didn't exist before now, and it takes several seconds before she manages a response. "...Wow. I suppose congratulations are in order. Good luck with that Yorenan. You'll be able to count on our support."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Feb 2020, 11:40 pm

Hunter smiles and nods in affirmation with Kathryn. "Yeah, don't hesitate to ask for help when we get there. And congrats."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020, 12:01 am

"Aye, 'specially if it's somethin' can be fixed by blunt force trauma!" - Carlos grins - "Any thought ta who ya'll be takin'?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Feb 2020, 12:17 am

More congratulations are forthcoming from your party and the Senior Hunters, finally ending with Symania. She says, "Congratulations. Just be sure to visit when you can, I'll miss you."

"I will," says Yorenan to his mother, "And thank you everyone. As to who I might take, I've invited several people already including my now former team, and should have an answer tomorrow as to who is going. However, I have managed to recruit a second member." He smiles mischievously, ending with, "Right, Senior Ranger?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 33 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next