A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:17 am

10:03 AM, 10th of April 422
The Rubrum Holoserica, Luxus

The adventurers wake up in their rooms, feeling well rested. The sun is shining through the windows and the sky is blue again, with not a single cloud in sight. It looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Then they notice something is off.

Steve

"Hello," Fluffle says. "Is that you, Steve?"

The black mage opens his eyes and sees the small fairy hovering next to him, a worried expression on his face. May isn't awake at the moment, of that, he's certain. His connection to the ambient magic is different however. As if it had expanded to his whole body; his muscles, bones, and guts.

Konrad

The red mage wakes up feeling fine and goes to wash up in the bathroom while he plans the rest of his morning. Only to realize he's not thinking in Wytrwaly anymore, but in Imperial.

Mihai

"Morning, sunshine."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:22 am

Groggy, Mihai sits up and looks around, wondering if he'll see the Dark Lord this time or if he's just trolling again.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:26 am

Konrad stares into the mirror. Is this better, or worse? he thinks, and starts a talking exercise to exorcize the alien invading his mind with its Imperial mother tongue.

First in Imperial: "The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Then, in Wytyrwaly: "Szybki... lis... przeskakuje nad... leniwym... psem."

Again: "Szybki lis przeskakuje nad leniwym psem."

Then he mixes it up: "Szybka wróżka przelatuje nad leniwym karbunkuł."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:29 am

Steve blinks a couple of times in surprise, holding up his hand in wonder at the strange feeling of having his entire body connected to the magic. He'd almost say it's tingling but that's not quite right. "Fascinating."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:36 am

Mihai

The Aspect of Darkness is standing right next to his bed, a huge grin on his face. "I thought I was gonna have to kiss you there, Sleeping Beauty. Now giddy-up! I can hear your stomach growling, and it's hurting my nonexistent ears."

Konrad

Konrad finds out he can switch between the two with some effort, although it feels very weird. When he reviews his other languages, he also finds out that he can understand Stoikotita.

Steve

"What is?" Fluffle asks, reassured now that he's recognized his friend's mannerisms.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:39 am

"You got ears." - Mihai grumbles as he gets up, mildly freaked out at morning freaky thing number whatever as he goes to splash water on his face - "You realize what's happening, or do you think i'm Nick right now?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:49 am

"I'm usually connected to the ambient magic at all times, but I seem to be...more so right now. Every part of me is sensitive to it, like I'm constantly on the cusp of forming a spell but instead of executing it, I'm just extending that feeling constantly and without end. It never occurred to me that a monk might feel this all the time. I've never heard them mention it. But then again I never thought to ask." At this point he remembers that he is still laying down and decides to sit up so he can talk to Fluffle.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 1:52 am

Konrad just switches back to Wytyrwaly, and STICKS with it. His thoughts need only one language, thank you very much. But... what is this? He goes through every language he knows, using the stock exercise phrase for each one, and discovers Stoic.

"Η γρήγορη αλεπού πηδά πάνω από τον τεμπέληκο σκύλο. Amazing!"

He gets ready for the day, singing to himself and translating lyrics into Stoic, to test the language and get used to it. Nothing rhymes and the structure is butchered as a result, but it's very...pretty, and petite, and Sam's mastery of it is pretty close to her Imperial. If he had learned this 10 years ago, the ladies would have loved him, for sure.

"ω καλά - ίσως βρω μια χρήση για αυτό. Thank you, Sam."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 2:05 am

Mihai

"Your thoughts are not nearly perverted enough for you to be Nick," the Aspect retorts as he palms his ears, utterly fascinated by their existence. "Mine feel like they've been blended into a paste, though. I blame this century for it."

Steve

"Wait, so you feel like May right now? Is she listening to us?"

The black mage now realizes that his body also feels heavier than it should be, and that his whole anatomy is wrong. Especially around the crotch area, the hips, and the chest.

Konrad

The red mage goes on with his day, feeling the same dissonance that Steve is experiencing with his body, but quickly shakes it off. It's not the first time it's happened to him after all.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 2:17 am

No, that is not the way I grab things. That is not the way I walk. No, I don't need to brush my hair aside. Konrad takes a minute to reassert his own identity, but continues to talk to himself in Stoikotita. He can't get enough of it. A shame he had laughed it off all these years, for being the language of the Stoics. He heads down to the lobby to grab a late continental breakfast, and heads back up to Steve's room.

Stoikotita:
"Steve will be over the moon when he hears me talking like this!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm

Mihai gets a double handful from the faucet and splashes his face as if trying to snap himself out of something - "Must be the water."

He stares into the sink, trying to shake off this new development - "I'd go into what's wrong with my mind, but i guess it's pretty obv--" - he stops talking as he turns around and sees something annoying - "Out of my coat." - he demands.

The Aspect of Darkness, in his stoicest, most broodiest pose, slowly turns his face toward the human - "Make me." - and challenges, in an overly gruff and morose impersonation of Mihai, wearing his hood over his head in a manner not entirely unlike the image of the Grimm Reaper.

The Lofellian man frowns and tilts his head at the borrowed Aspect. But then something crosses his mind and he stops to think.

"Hah. Puny Human's all talk aft--" - "Shut up."

What else did Mihai get from Nick just now? He tries to concentrate, attempting to sense the Magic radiating off of Smirk.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2022, 7:07 pm

No matter how hard he examines him however, Smirk's aura feels identical to what he remembers.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 3:56 pm

"What?"

Mihai winces, holds his temple with his right hand as he realizes what's going on - "Trying to piggyback off of Nick to see if i can learn to sense Magic, but i'm getting his memories in my head instead."

"You can't sense Magic?" - asks the creature in the black hood.

"No. Well, i just sensed you, but..."

"What a bitch." - "Fuck off." - "That's just how Nick says it."

Mihai stares at the Aspect.

"Nah, i'm just fucking with you."

"......................"

Mihai turns and walks out of the room.

"Oh, we're going to see Stevie?" - Smirk follows, with a jolly spring in his step.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 6:32 pm

"I don't think so. I just think we're a little blended right now on some levels." He glances down at his male anatomy in discomfort, "It's strange to say the least."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

Steve

Fluffle wrinkles his brow in worry and asks, "What do you want me to do?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 10:26 pm

Steve

The black mage thinks for a moment and then says, "Well, I'm gonna try standing up and walking around a little bit. Maybe be ready to keep my head from knocking into anything if I stumble or fall."

------------------------------------------------

Konrad

As soon as he hears Konrad's door opening up, Théo springs up from the chair he moved out into the hall and moves to intercept whoever is coming out of the room. His hopes aren't terribly high when he hears Konrad muttering to himself in a language that isn't Imperial or Wytrwaly, causing him to use his bulk to block the doorway. "Good morning."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm

The fairy nods and prepares to follow him. "I'll do my best."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 10:32 pm

Still enjoying himself, Konrad looks over and smiles at Theo, and switches to Imperial. "Good morning! I'm on my way to breakfast. Shall I bring you something?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 10:54 pm

Steve

Steve nods and moves into position to stand up. His body feels so heavy and wrong that it takes an effort of will to mentally prepare himself for the effort. When he's ready he says, "Here goes nothing."

He slides forward off the bed, his feet taking his weight and his legs working to lift him into a standing position. The motion feels slow and clunky, and it takes a moment for him to balance himself.

It's worse than he thought it would be. Two competing expectations battle it out for how his body should feel, where his balance should be. Even his height feels off, like he's standing on a foot stool looking around the room.

Well, this wouldn't do.

He closes his eyes and focuses on his breathing while he focuses inward. He spends the time sorting through the feelings, attempting to assert his will and therefore his point of view over May's. He's not even sure it will work but he carries on, breathing in and out. Until finally, a step. And then another.

"How are we doing, Fluffle?" he asks, desiring to hear his friend's voice while he works.

Konrad

Théo's eyebrow raises at Konrad's good cheer, and he pointedly doesn't move out of the doorway. "That depends on who I'm talking to."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:03 pm

"You haven't stumbled yet, so I think you're doing great. Be mindful of the table a few steps ahead of you though."

The black mage maintains his concentration and finds out that he's having a easier time controlling his balance now. It shouldn't take too long before he can walk normally again.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:05 pm

Now Konrad realizes that he's being kept from breakfast, and the reason why, and he comes down from his discovery. "Well, I've woken up in a good mood. I doubt Sam would be in a good mood, considering our circumstances. You're Théo Dufort. And I am Konrad. Cross my heart."

As he does, Konrad reads the ambient magic around Theo to sense whether he is connected to an Aspect, or if there is something different about him.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:25 pm

Mihai walks out into the hallway to find Théo and Konrad standing by the door to the latter's room.

"Uh..." - "S'up, human guy-- oh..." - Cuts in hooded Smirk as he saunters out the door, but trails off as he notices Théo. - "Hello, sir. Are you with the committee too?".

Mihai sighs - "Théo, this is--" - "I'm the Grimm Reaper!" - "--an Aspect of Darkness that can't shut up. His name's Smirk."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm

Konrad gapes at Mihai's new Aspect.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:38 pm

Konrad, Mihai, and Smirk

Théo's "What the fuck did I sign up for?" expression says it all. He points to Steve's room and says, "Okay, that's it. Everyone into Steve's room while I get Amber and we sort out who is who. Go on, git. Shoo."

Steve

Steve is about to answer Fluffle when he hears a commotion from outside. "Uh, what's going on out there?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm

Fluffle lands on Steve's shoulder and grabs his ear, curious to find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis
Page 1 of 41Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next