A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm

Steve returns the smile. "You too, Théo."

The old merc sniffs and says, "Well obviously. I'm always spectacular."

Steve laughs at Théo's smugness and leaves, waiving at the others.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2022, 11:59 pm

After the door is shut, Mihai explains. - "We did the job, last night. Target's secured, spiked two of their safehouses. East side of the city's been softened up a notch. Might've done the rest, but the damn Shriekers showed up."

"Wait, what now?" memory transmission ver 3.3457467 ".....shit, you guys get busy."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:02 am

Konrad grimaces at the memory. "They came for us after the 2nd safehouse, but didn't give us any trouble afterwards."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:19 am

"They? Shit. You guys doing okay? They haven't hurt you or anything, right?"

Amber begins to examine Mihai as she searches for possible wounds.

Back in the hallway, Steve knocks on the door where Amber and Brünhilde are staying, to which a cheerful voice responds, "Coming!"

The small girl opens the door for them, and Steve immediately notices her new braids, which look exactly like Amber's. Hers are held together by small orange ribbons however, which complement her chestnut hair and colorful attire.

"Steve! Fluffle! You're awake! How are you doing? You're not too tired, are you?"

A beaming smile graces her face as she pulls the black mage into the room.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:22 am

"Nah, just one. Didn't land a hit, thank goodness. We came out without a scratch." - he goes quiet for a second, then adds - "We did meet some people in there, though."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:22 am

Amber widens her eyes in surprise and waits.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:26 am

"Yes, and they seem to know about the Shriekers as well. We caught sight of them on the rooftops, and exchanged signals with each other. They have pointed ears, and they heard me from way up there when I mentioned that to the others. One of them signaled the number 'three', and pointed toward the Docks, and then they walked out of sight. I took that to mean that they were headed that way."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:36 am

"I wouldn't say no to a massage followed by eating plates piled with food I've never heard of while we all lounge about in bathrobes all day." He sighs in happiness at the thought. "But alas, there is no time for such things. Especially when you clearly had your hair done. Did Amber do it? It looks super cute.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:50 am

"Wait. Pointed ears? What else was different about them? Could they travel to the Shroud just like you?"

Brünhilde blushes. "You think so?"

"Yes, it really is," Fluffle says, smiling. "You'll look even better once you put your hat on."

"That's what I was hoping for!" She then turns to Steve to answer his question. "Me and Amber did each other's hair while we waited for breakfast. She said that her sister Fedler showed her how to; and that she also taught you how to sing and play guitar?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:56 am

Mihai thinks for a second - "Most likely they came form another world, just like Eltsuihlul."

Smirk blinks - "So... like... another planet, or more like another plane of existence type thing?" - "Planet." - "...right, of course. The Shroud's already the latter."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:57 am

"Yes, that's right. There hasn't been any time for it since we got here but I normally play for and sing with the crew of our ship." His tone of voice makes it clear that he misses doing it. "Fedler was a really great teacher and a better friend. I hope to play with her again someday soon."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 12:58 am

"They were in the Shroud when we met. That's all we know."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:09 am

"Did they have gray skin, a oval head and really big eyes? What did they look like?"

"I'd love to meet her one day." The young guide walks to the bed, picks up her large cavalier hat, and puts it on her head. "Maybe I could even have offered her a tour of the city. But after what's going to happen tonight, I doubt anyone will want to visit the city for a long time..."

She returns to Steve's side with a pained smile, ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:11 am

"Nah, they looked normal except for the ears."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:11 am

"Oh, well they had dark clothes. Apart from the ears, they looked like normal people. Why?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:19 am

"Why? Because you just told me they might be from another planet! And they look human? With pointy ears? How come we never heard anything about them before? Wait, maybe they came with the birds..."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:24 am

He nods in agreement. "We're heading to the ship so I'll introduce you to everyone. I can already tell you they are gonna love you."

They head out as he starts telling her about them.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:25 am

"Elt said the Veil had joined the others. I'm assuming that means there are other Shrouds out there, and this one just sort of... connected with them."

He goes quiet for a second - "When we jumped in there with both Orbs active, most likely." - "Man, you really leave a wake behind you, don't you." - Mihai frowns - "Guess i do."

"Doesn't explain the Carbuncles, though."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:28 am

"Yeah, maybe. Well, I'm gonna go and grab breakfast. Don't let the Aspect wander around. Ok?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:31 am

"I laugh in the face of Human oppression."

Mihai shrugs.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:35 am

"Mm. The final stage is called 'Acceptance', Smirk." Konrad waves to Amber and walks out to grab some breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:46 am

Fluffle is glad to add his own remarks to Steve's commentary, and Brünhilde regains her good spirits as they head to the docks.

"Go grab Steve's stuff, Smirk, and meet me in my room. I gotta prepare the bag of holding that I'll be bringing to the palace. If you're nice, I'll even let you speak to Sunny a bit." Amber leaves the room and shouts at the red mage, who's walking down the hallway. "Konrad! I'm taking your stuff!"

She then goes back to her own room.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 1:48 am

"Oh, of course! I'll leave the door open!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 5:14 pm

"Oh. Uh... sure, i can fit that into my schedule." - he walks off to get Steve's stuff as he slicks his hair back.

Mihai shakes his head and goes to get his own stuff, "SOCIAL ACTIVITY!!!!!!" before proceeding to Amber's room.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm

As Steve, Fluffle and Brünhilde approach the docks, they notice a lot of activity there. People are gathering in droves, excited about something, and just when one of the party members think to ask what's happening, they hear someone say in Chromium, "Jonas, you heard? The king is here! Let's go see him!"

Brünhilde widens her eyes, and for an instant, Steve can tell she's contemplating following the others to also catch a glimpse of the monarch.

Back at the hostelry, Amber has just finished gathering everyone's equipment and putting it inside their bag of holding. By the time Konrad comes back from his breakfast, he sees Femke knocking on Amber's door, which the teenager promptly opens.

"Hi, Femke!"

"Good morning," the Tyke woman responds. "May I enter?"

"Of course! Oh, hey Konrad! Get your ass in here!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis
Page 3 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next