A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2022, 11:25 pm

Mihai tries not to sigh - "Unfortunately, i think that'll always be a problem. At least with the knowledge we have right now, maybe we'll learn something new in the future. But i think if the Enemy loses enough of their footing, their trust in the Mimic may waver. It has before, that's why we have all these Fairies right now."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2022, 11:30 pm

"Yes, the fairies. They would need to be trained and filtered through a selection process, but they are the perfect candidates for sending around the islands to find the sleepers. They've talked about being able to feel the aura of a person's mind. Combing the islands for the Enemy's agents would even feel a grand fantasy epic. They would love every minute of it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:00 am

At the mention of the fairies, the king closes his eyes, lowers his head, and sighs. Thirza throws him a curious glance, but remains stoically silent. "Yes, I'm certain that their help will be instrumental in the war to come," Tibur says, shaking his head before looking at the adventurers again. "Although I wish it didn't come to this; it pains me to this day to think about what happened to Jacob's siblings. It's... harrowing."

Steve, Konrad and Mihai suddenly feel pangs of sorrow as the consciousness of their respective passenger rise up to the surface of their thoughts, threatening to take control over them.

"G-guys?" Fluffle asks. "Are you okay?"

Amber approaches Mihai at the same time to check on him.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:09 am

Steve grunts at the unexpected emotional pain and manages, "We should move away from this subject. Immediately. Is there anything you can do to help us with our mission to find Edward and our friends?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:12 am

Mihai puts a reassuring hand on Amber's shoulder - "I'm ok."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:13 am

Unlike previous swells of Sam's consciousness, the sorrow seemingly projected into Konrad disarms him. He feels the strong urge cast his eyes down at the road.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:22 am

Amber lets go of her brother and backs away.

"Ah. Yes, of course. My apologies. Maybe we should change the subject."

"If I may, your Highness?" Thirza says. "I should return to the others soon to oversee the rest of the battle across the city. So unless there's something else...?"

Tibur nods at her and turns to the adventurers to see if they have something they have to tell her before she leaves.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:33 am

"Smirk is with the Mortem Order, they just cleared another skirmish. If you link up with him, you'll be able to talk back to us over here. I'll let him know the second that flag goes up."

"Good luck out there."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:34 am

Steve waives goodbye in his usual friendly manner.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:39 am

"Never rely on luck if you can avoid it. See you later."

Thirza nods back at the adventurers and leaves through the door they came in. The king and the party members are now alone together.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:44 am

"So about that help with Edward, sir? Perhaps you could lend us someone who could advise us in finding them or helping us talk their members down without bloodshed. Anything like that would be great."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:54 am

"Normally, I would suggest that you contact the very same people who have taken residence inside your heads, but I realize it's not feasible at the moment. I am not privy to all the details concerning our cells in Lofell, but from what Thirza told me, she already told you about the Chuchoteurs, correct? Whatever Edward has planned there, they'll surely play a role in it."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 12:57 am

"I've known them since i was ten. Might be a rough reunion, though."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 1:30 am

"Then Your Majesty, if you have an enchanted trinket that could aid someone in efforts to hide or disguise themselves, I wish for the best one you have. I ask on behalf of one whose aid was critical in our preparations for the counteroffensive, and will be again when we reach Lofell."

ooc:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 10:27 pm

Tibur considers the request, and says, "I believe I possess such an artifact, but it's in my vault in Voluptis at the moment. You're in a hurry to get to Lofell, are you not? If you're willing to make a quick stop to the capital on your way there, I could arrange for one of my secretaries to deliver the item to you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 10:36 pm

Konrad looks at the others, and nods to the king. "Yes, we can afford to stop and pick it up on our way."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 10:37 pm

"I'll send a message then. Anything else you need?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 10:38 pm

Mihai frowns.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 10:43 pm

"Well, if you are giving out boons then I have a request. Our friend Fluffle would probably never think to ask for anything for himself, but I know he would make great use of any wands we could procure him. I was thinking healing and haste would be a good start, but what do you think Fluffle? Is there anything particular you'd like?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:04 pm

The fairy blinks at the unexpected question, and he stutters for a few seconds. "I'm, uh, not sure. I don't think I'd want something that hurts people though, so healing and haste sound good to me?"

"They might be a little big for him though," Amber remarks.

"I could arrange for a weaver to craft you custom-made wands for your size," the king says. "Wands that would also take advantage of your innate ability to create magic."

At these words, Fluffle turns to his companions, his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Ah. You didn't know," Tibur notices.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:12 pm

Steve feels genuinely embarrassed about never talking to Fluffle about this. "Oh, sorry, Fluffle. We've seen Breeze make new spells on the fly a few times. I guess it just never came up while we've been running around everywhere."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:14 pm

"Making new spells?" the king asks.

Now, he's the one who looks confused.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:18 pm

"Breeze is somewhat of a prodigy. It's not just Orbs she can make at her age, i don't think even she knows the full extent of her ability. Don't know if it's a family thing or if it's just her, but we definitely need to keep them safe from the Enemy."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:29 pm

"I see." Tibur considers this new information for a few seconds, then says, "Well, when I mentioned the fairies' ability to create magic, I was referring to how they can transform matter into magic. Jacob learned how to exploit this ability and created magical artifacts that he could recharge slowly over time; they can't cast spells as often as the ones with magical charges, but there's no need to expend mana to recharge them. I have a weaver who's learned how to weave such items."

Fluffle stares at the king, still reeling from the revelation about Breeze creating spells.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2022, 11:35 pm

"Well, i uh..." - he starts, suddenly looking awkward - "...all i really wanted was to upgrade my sword, but that would take far too long. There were these Ogre Gauntlets i heard about, they make you stronger. And... well, i got beat to within an inch of my life back there by that Elemental, though my armor's decent enough for its weight. I'm sure it'll only get worse where we're going, so, if you had some really good Light Armor that could keep me alive, like maybe a K&D Narshe-SL Core Mk.III, that'd be great."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Crisis   Act 3: The Ball - Crisis - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - Crisis
Page 35 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next