A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2018, 1:40 am

The group easily find merchants to trade food with. It becomes obvious however that because of the influx of people in Odwaz at the moment, prices are higher than usual. With some haggling, Steve manages to lower the cost of the supplies considerably, but they're still above the normal prices.

The basic rations for 10 days (hardtack, dried fruits and meat) will cost 17 gold, 8 silvers and 5 coppers. The fresh rations for 3 days (bread, fruits, meat) will cost 6 gold, 4 silvers and 2 coppers.

The total amount is 24 gold, 2 silvers and 7 coppers.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2018, 11:35 pm

Konrad i Nadzieja:

Konrad puts on his trunks, goes out with a shirt on, then dives into the brine barefoot. He swims up to the edge of the pier and heads toward the marketplace after he's out of the water, hoping the public bath he remembered from his earlier years would still be there. He catches up with the others as they finish bathing, and joins them for the resupply run after taking his own bath, with the intent to procure some bathtubs. He buys three clawfoot tubs of porcelain-enameled steel at a discount for 90 gold, and arranges transport for another 5g. They will arrive in the afternoon.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:23 pm

10:02 AM, 5th of April 422
Odwaz, Myr

Now clean from head to toe, the party members next went to the Market District to buy supplies and some bathtubs for the Vulcan. Once they were assured that everything would be delivered to the ship, the adventurers returned there to warn the crew and retrieve their clothes. The fairies did an excellent job washing them, and they're overjoyed to lean that they'll receive a bathtub for their personal use. Segel assures the party that he'll be on the lookout for the delivery of those items.

Standing on the deck of the Vulcan, Fluffle asks, "What should we do now? Amber's date is in less than two hours, right?"

"It's really not a date," the teenager retorts, irked.

Femke stands on the side, silent as usual.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:29 pm

"I think we've teased her enough, Fluffle. Hmm. Well, forget her, for now. I know I'll be meeting Nadzieja in the evening to give her my answer. We could go and see Wanda then, at the very latest."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:36 pm

"Oh, sorry Amber," Fluffle replies, not having realized she'd prefer he uses another word.

"Don't worry about it," she tells him with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:46 pm

"We'll definitely have to put off the meeting with Wanda for now. I don't think we'd make it in time before she had to go to that thing the Svefs are doing. But maybe that's a good thing. We can do some reconnaissance before Amber meets our possible lead."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:53 pm

"Where did you agree to meet this person, Amber?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 10:56 pm

"At the Space Hamster," she says. "We're supposed to meet inside."

"Hmm, we won't be able to question him there," Fluffle remarks.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jul 2018, 11:01 pm

"Unless he has a room, you'll probably have to convince him to take you somewhere. We should scout the area for places where we can jump him, to put off the idea of going straight to an alley, let alone a private room, where you can...be alone." He winces.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:25 pm

"If we're gonna nab the guy and make him sing, anywhere quiet will do. Problem is, the street will respond to someone's screaming about as well as the Hamster will. Worse, since his buddies might be around to lend him a hand." - he muses, then to Amber - "Either way, anytime you want me to jump out and end it, just say so. Like, just work jump out into a sentence, and it'll all be over. Or just tell me to get over there, that'll also work."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:37 pm

"So I just find a quiet spot where we can question him," Amber says. "Yeah, I can do that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:43 pm

"Femke, could you scout the Den for a discreet location where no one would notice, or interfere, with our questioning? Someplace not too far out of the way where this dealer can be led without suspicion?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:51 pm

"We can all do that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:52 pm

"Of course. Femke, can you help?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:55 pm

"I can," Femke says with a solemn nod. "But what if this man has already planned to take Amber somewhere?"

"...That'd be where he lives, no?" the teenager remarks.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:57 pm

"What exactly does this fellow believe you guys are doing anyway?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 9:59 pm

"Who cares. It's not happening."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:01 pm

"He said we'd ‘have fun’. Don't think he's romantic enough to take me to a restaurant."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:04 pm

"Yeah, I really don't like the sound of that. Don't let him get you anything and don't take your eyes off your drink. I've heard about jerks like that drugging women."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:06 pm

"Mhm. Here, we'll see if we can't find a detour for you to take, or someplace other than his home. If we do, you can pick that, or you can follow him to wherever he intends to go, and we'll improvise."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:13 pm

"That's what we always do anyway," she retorts with a smile. "And if he tries something, I'll just knock him out."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:14 pm

Steve laughs. "Yeah, we do. Well, let's get going then. Time's wasting."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:15 pm

"Yeah."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 10:16 pm

Konrad nods. I hope so. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you, would we?"

"Alright, break."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2018, 11:22 pm

With Femke's assistance, the party members scout the Market District for places where they could discreetly interrogate the drug dealer. The adventurers quickly realize that the rush of tourists who have come to Odwaz for the upcoming Tournament are making this much harder than anticipated. Furthermore, they overhear people talking about the three mercenaries who were hired by the Administrator to help Szef Nadzieja Zerva take down the Werewolf of Odwaz: Mihai Lowick, Konrad Granger and Steve Oldturn. Many wonder who they are and what they look like.

The adventurers keep scouting and find several locations they could use:

• A few alleys;
  • A maintenance station for the sewers (located N);
  • Two abandoned/closed buildings (NE and S respectively);
  • A mostly empty warehouse near the Wharf;
  • A small construction site for a future building, devoid of workers at the moment (NW).

It is now 11:12 AM. The adventurers meet back two streets away from the Space Hamster and share what they've learned.

"So what do we do?" Amber inquires. "I take him to one of these places, or do I follow him?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next