A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 11:30 pm

Sam will declare that she should have won, because May obviously doesn't fight "properly". She will ask Smirk about the outburst, and flush in frustration when he just keeps laughing, believing that he's laughing at her for losing to Punchdrunk.

Sam absolutely doesn't mind Jacob sitting on her. He can sit on her shoulder, her knee, he could even hang from her arm if he can keep still.

"Yeah, Smirk," she joins in, "Tell everyone what you were laughing about on deck." Since their return trip from Shadowstep, she's been treating Smirk like a completely separate person.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 11:46 pm

Smirk tries to control himself - "Uh... normally i'd be delighted to tease Bradshaw some more, sir. But in this case i'll excercise some discretion, if you won't mind." - he sneaks a glance at Nick - "I mean, you can order me otherwise, but..."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 11:50 pm

Anne is strangely quiet at the moment.

"I'm tempted to, but we'll preserve the rest of Nick's dignity," Riddle says. He then brings out the satchel Edward Fox entrusted to him. "The Emperor gave us one hundred pieces of gold, the physical description of Howe and his family, and the address where they're living at; it's somewhere in the Upper City, a few blocks away from the King's castle."

"...Which means it'll be very well-guarded," Anne remarks with a frown.

"Luckily for us, we know a way inside the Upper City; it's a tunnel that goes right under the inner walls."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 11:53 pm

"Sewer?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Nov 2018, 11:58 pm

The monk's face crinkles up in disgust at talk of sewers. "May hope not."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:00 am

"Do we have reason to believe they're being held against their will? Do we have an illustration of them, like a family portrait?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:04 am

"Yes," Marcus says to Nick . "I also hope we don't have to use it..."

He sighs and listens to Samantha next.

"We only have a written description of Howe's mother and brother." He points to a sheet of paper. "Make sure to memorize it. As for their current circumstances... we're not sure. The last intel we have about them indicates they're free to move in the city."

Jacob listens attentively.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:06 am

Sam looks at the description and does her best to memorize.

"I may need better tools. If we do have to go through the sewers, we can plug our noses, and hopefully we can obtain some boots enchanted with the Float spell. Those would really come in handy if we have to be covert."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:09 am

"If we need to split up to search for them, i can keep us tethered."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:12 am

"If ve vant alternative, ve need map of area."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:37 am

"I doubt we'd find enough boots like these for all of us," he says to Samantha. "As for a map of the area, we'd usually ask the agents on site for one, but we don't know if they're compromised. Contacting them would be a risk. Thankfully, none of them know about Howe's importance."

"Mr. Riddle," Jacob interjects. "I think I can identify green mages if an Enemy is... ‘talking’ to them."

"...That's good to know. Thank you Jacob. It might be unnecessary however. We know for sure that one of the agents isn't under their influence, since she's the one who told us about the King's plan to mobilize his army. She goes by the name Ingeburg Springer."

"Does she know about us?" Anne asks.

"No. But I have an address where we can contact her if need be."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:44 am

"Jacob about that..." - Smirk asks, in Nick's tone - "...how about when they're just listening? Are they just always on, seeing what you see 24/7? The second that ball of dirt showed up in front of us back at Shadowstep, Phil knew."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:45 am

"We should contact Springer for the family's last known movements."

Knowledge Culture 21
How do people in Emerald like to dress for everyday? Regarding fashion sense
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 12:47 am

May is content to listen to the others for now. She's glad they are so good at coming up with plans. She'd rather just punch things than sweat the details.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 1:04 am

"No, I don't think they are," the fairy answers in a somber tone. "They can see and hear everything only if they make contact with your mind. The, uh... Earth Elemental... probably warned ‘Phil’."

"How often do they check on their summoners?" Anne asks.

"...I don't know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be Jacob. We're very grateful that you're here to help us."

This seems to cheer up the fairy, and he smiles to the white mage in response. Colonel Riddle listens to Samantha and then responds to her. "We'll assess the situation in Voluptis before we commit to any strategy, but yes, we probably should."

Samantha:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 1:25 am

"We'll need some proof of residence, or a permit, to be allowed to walk into the Upper City. Springer might be able to help us with that. If not, I'm sure one of us could manage to procure something for the whole group. We could get one or all of us an outfit to change into to fit in. The sewers could still serve as an emergency escape route."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 1:30 am

"Anyone else disagrees with this plan?" Marcus asks.

"I don't," Anne replies with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 1:32 am

"Is good plan."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:31 pm

"Nick Bradshaw does not disagree with this plan."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:45 pm

"I also think it's a good plan," Anne says.

"What about you?" Marcus asks to Jacob.

The fairy gawks at the Colonel, amazed that he is being asked for his opinion. "You're asking me?"

"Of course," Anne replies with a smile. "You're part of the team."

"You heard her," Marcus says.

Jacob is touched by the consideration he's being shown. He shifts his position on Sam's knee and answers the Colonel in a grateful tone. "Yeah, I think it's a good plan."

"Then it's settled," Colonel Riddle states firmly. "If there are no more questions, that'll be all for today"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:48 pm

"Well, only have one more. I'm new to all this, so please bear with me, but do we have a black market contact in Volutpis?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:49 pm

"Well if Jacob won't mind, i'd like to know some more about the enemy. First rule of war, and all that."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:50 pm

"If we do, our agents there would be the ones to know."

To the second question, Jacob turns his head towards Nick and Smirk and gravely nods. "I'll try to help."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 10:57 pm

Smirk acquires Nick's tone - "So, uh... i was wondering how it is you can subvert an entire race onto an unprovoked war path, but if their minds are all connected like that, it must make it a lot easier. Are all new Elementals born in Shadowstep? Something special about the place?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2018, 11:05 pm

Marcus and Anne wait expectantly for Jacob's answer, eager to learn more about the mysterious Elementals.

"Try to say ‘Enemy’ from now on Nick," the Colonel warns him. He then lets the fairy answers the green mage's question.

"I don't know how the Enemies are born..." he reveals. "They didn't tell us much. I think most of them stay in Shadowstep because it's far enough from the other islands. They really don't like humans."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next