A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6th Interlude: Happy Memories

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
K

K

6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 1:36 am

"Yeah..." - Mihai mutters, then turns his head ever so slightly in her direction, still without looking at her - "I want to say... something, but... i can't. Not now. Either way, we'll find these people."

He bites back the last part of that sentence - What's left of them.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 1:54 am

Konrad faces Jasmine stoically. "I wonder if you know my past. Do you know how much death and suffering I've caused?" He pauses to reflect briefly, blinking, and continues. "A lot. Even to my own family. I tried to hide it from her, and for a while, I was looking forward to causing more, before I slipped up and it all came out. And you know what? Before we lost her, I had barely begun to start finding myself, and she tried to save me. So for what it's worth, I wouldn't sell that fairy short. She's a softie, but she's tough. Tough enough to handle someone like me."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 2:17 am

Mihai hears Konrad as though it was the first time he'd ever spoken. He stares at him for a moment, then his gaze starts to veer over to Jasmine but something just seems to jam his body before he can truly look at her. His eyes dart around as his jaw twitches, trying to form words but having no idea what. He can see the young woman agonizing to his side without even needing to look at her, but anything he would say is immediately stifled by the image of Stacy screaming as it flashes across his mind. Then to make matters worse, that image becomes entwined with that of another boy, strapped to a chair at the mercy of two goons with hot pokers, and he has to clench his teeth and bite down hard to suppress himself.

He shuts his eyes hard, then to his mind races another scene. Of that same boy in the room he's sleeping right now, being assaulted by a surprise embrace from the woman he now knows to be his mother. It shouldn't calm him down but somehow it does, enough of a smidge that he can finally think of something.

"Don't make this the last time we talk."

He forces the words out, laboriously. And in some corner of his mind, he hopes that that'll get across.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 10:52 pm

"Yeah, not the last time. And Konrad's right, she is tough. But also, wouldn't you rather be the one to tell her? Imagine if Edward does. Or Goodman. You think you feel bad now, it will only be worse then."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:05 pm

The longer Konrad talks, the more Jasmine's expression softens. By the time Mihai and Steve share their own feeling about the matter, she's turned away from them, unable to endure their gazes. Once Steve has finished speaking, she takes take a moment to breathe deeply, after which she says, "...I'll tell her. But only after you're gone. I... I need to do this alone."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:11 pm

Steve nods, and says, "Alright, good, good. Talk to you later. And please let her know that we love her and we'll come for her as soon as we can."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:16 pm

"You can tell her yourself. I'll... I'll speak to her after that." She pauses. "Unless you prefer to wake up now."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:20 pm

"No." - Mihai takes his eyes off the floor to look up at where Breeze would be now - "I'll soften the blow for her."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:26 pm

"...She's waiting for you."

She points at the stairs.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:31 pm

Mihai nods absently at the stairway for a second, then moves to take a step. Stops himself, stares meaningfully into space for a moment, then turns and looks at Jasmine. It's the first time he's looked at her since he set foot in this dungeon, and the action visibly takes some effort, but he manages a few seconds before he has to disengage and proceed up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:39 pm

Jasmine stays behind in the lab along with Goodman, Stacy and her younger self. When the adventurers reach the top of the stairs however, they see her again, sitting on the same crate as before, listening to Breeze.

"...and then I said goodbye to all of them, promising that I would see them again one day! It's been so long though, I wonder if they've changed much since. You'd really like—oh!" The fairy notices that her friends have returned and she flies to meet them. "Demon Hunter! Snowstorm! And Wildfire! You're back! How are you? Everything all right? Mommy told me it's almost time to wake up. I'm a little sad to say goodbye, but I know we'll see each other soon. Oh, and she's agreed to let me call her Mommy now! Isn't that awesome?"

Breeze looks at her friends with a wide smile, overjoyed to share this good news.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:44 pm

Konrad chuckles. "Very! It's nice to see you both getting along. Blue, it's almost time for us to wake up again."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:48 pm

"Yeah, it sucks but we'll be seeing you in real life very soon, so don't be too sad. We love you. Be sure to tell Jacob too."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:52 pm

"I'll tell him you love him too!" Breeze lunges at Steve's throat and hugs it as tightly as she can before jumping to Konrad next. "You take care of yourselves now! Don't wanna see you hurt when you rescue me." Last but not least, she hugs Mihai. "Can't wait to see Fedler too."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:53 pm

Mihai hesitates for a moment under the hug, but then looks Breeze in the eye.

"Breeze, you know how i was a member of the Villevielle Crime Syndicate before i met you, right? I was 10, in a really bad place, all alone. Stole food from the wrong guy, all of a sudden he says he'll employ me. All i had to do was run some errands, and i'd get actual money for it. A few years of that, and all the bad things i got involved in - stuff i'd never want you to see - just seemed normal."

Mihai looks down for a moment. Then - "When Jasmine was little, she was found by someone much... much worse. And... well, there are some things that are causing her a lot of pain. We'll let her tell you in private."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:56 pm

While Mihai talks, Jasmine stays in her corner, silent. Breeze however seems a little confused, and she tilts her head to the side, wondering what exactly Mihai could mean.

"Hmm, okay. I'll make sure to listen to her then. You guys take care now, okay?" Breeze rubs Mihai on his forehead, as if to calm him. "Don't worry about Fedler. I'm sure she's fine. Call it fairy intuition!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Feb 2023, 11:58 pm

"Yeah." - he manages a little grin out the corner of his mouth - "Thanks."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2023, 12:00 am

"We'll be alright, Breeze. You and Jacob sit tight, and we'll see you soon."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb 2023, 12:17 am

"Bye bye!"

Breeze waves goodbye at them, a few tears in the corners of her eyes, while Jasmine watches on from the other end of the room. Darkness then creeps towards the adventurers, wrapping them into a blanket of oblivion that suppress thoughts and feelings.

Then they wake up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Interlude: Happy Memories
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9