A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6th Interlude: Happy Memories

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 11:41 pm

The fairies all cheer for May's latest feat, and Triston even tries to clap his hands together when she lands on the ground. Edward smiles at his son's attempt to cheer on the monk, and he kisses his wife on her forehead before continuing to eat again. The festivities has everyone in the good mood; even Marcus seems to be enjoying himself. The taciturn leader watches with the hint of a smile on his lips while Theodore hands May the empty plate from which the cinnamon roll came from.

"Don't forget to wash it down with some wine," Teddy says.

Meanwhile, Mihai and Konrad discover that they can indeed taste the food in here. It's delicious.

"Oh, this is a nice dream! Hi Konrad! Hey Mihai! Hello Steve!"

To the adventurers' surprise, they see Breeze hovering in the air, waving at them. The instant they've realized that it is her and not one of Jacob's siblings, she flies down to the long table and eyes one of the many pastries here.

"Wow. I've never had a dream like this before."

She examines the strawberries glazed with chocolate, seemingly impressed by its texture.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 11:43 pm

"Uh... B-Breeze?" - Mihai stammers in shock.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2023, 11:51 pm

Konrad gapes at Breeze. "Some dreams are almost as real as being awake," he says, before looking at Jasmine.

Jasmine is nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:21 am

"Breeze!" Steve runs up and hugs her, "I've never had a dream like this either but check this out." He picks up an hors d'oeuvre and hucks it at May. It passes through her without notice, continuing on into the ground, never to be seen again. "Oh, that's weird. She caught them all earlier when Teddy and Gab were throwing things. I wonder what would happen if I threw one at one of us?" He picks up another and launches it at the back of Konrad's head where it does connect.

"Uh, sorry Konrad. I was testing a thing. It looks like we can't interact with the guests despite being able to interact with the food."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:34 am

Konrad winces and reflexively touches the side of his face where the deviled egg hit, wiping away some of the filling. "Consider it tested," he says. "It's fine. It's just a dream." He walks further around the table to find a wipe. He tastes some of the filling as he goes.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:35 am

"Yeah?" Breeze responds to Mihai before she's hugged out of nowhere by Steve. Before she has a chance to react, the black mage is already starting a new experiment and she laughs out loud when the hors d'oeuvre hits Konrad square in the face. "Of course we can't interact with them," the fairy says. "I'm surprised I can interact with the dreamy you at all! You guys act just like the real ones."

She then proceeds to examine Steve's face, but freezes when she seems to realize something. She looks between the black mage and her other two friends, then asks, "Wait. Are you... are you really here?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:39 am

"Yes, Blue, it's us," Konrad answers as he wipes the egg off of his face. "I suspect Jasmine is behind this second 'meeting of the minds'." He smiles.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:39 am

Mihai looks around for Jasmine, quickly realizing she flew the coop again.

"And there she goes again." - he sighs.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:47 am

"Yeah, of course it's us! Would Dream Steve be able to do this?" He hucks a deviled egg at May again, where it once again passes through her harmlessly never to be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 12:56 am

"Jasmine?" Breeze repeats. She then watches as Steve chucks another egg at May, dumbfounded. Until finally, a few tears stream down her face and with a smile, she says, "No. Dreamy Steve definitely would have hit his target."

She wipes her tears with her sleeve and proceeds to hug Steve again. Then Konrad, and then Mihai.

"This is so weird," the fairy says. "I've never even seen these people before. Except for Jacob there. Where are we?"

She looks at the younger version of Jacob who's currently occupied looking after his siblings.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 1:08 am

"Uh, Lorinth. This is Nick's wedding, the guy in my head." - Mihai explains - "That's Nick. That's Anne, the... Mean Lady you met back in Feuilledor before she got possessed by the Enemy. She's currently inhabiting Fedler's body, but we'll fix that. That over there is Smirk, i think you'd like him."

He continues - "Sam, Edward's wife and currently taking Konrad's head. Edward right by her side over there, he'll become the bastard that took you and Fedler away from us. That's their son, Triston. Remi and Evrard over yonder, they helped out the ISA during a mission a while back. And Steve's target over there is May. Currently residing in Steve's head, and possibly his great grandma."

Looking around again, Mihai remarks - "And of course, there's your mom. I'd introduce you but she keeps running away. She's got your face but a little older, more somber-looking and..." - he glances askance, as if realizing something - "Has my colors, for some reason."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 1:10 am

"We're in Lorinth, way back when Jacob was friends with everyone here, and might still be - mostly. In the waking world, we three have just arrived in Villevieille."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2023, 1:35 am

"Oh! So this is a memory of the past. Awesome! And you've just arrived in Lofell? That means you've almost reached me..." The fairy shifts her gaze to the other fairies in the room. "So these are Jacob's brothers and sisters... And Jacob looks a little younger too. Wow, does that mean I'll have a really long life?"

Suddenly, Jacob rises above the table and calls his siblings to him.

"Everyone! It's time for the song!"

The young fairies gather above the table in no time, and they use their powers of telekinesis to bring out musical instruments from under the table: guitars, drums, and even some strange wind instruments. No doubt they'll be using their wind cantrip to blow through those.

"You're ready, Gab?" Jacob asks.

"We are!" his sister answers.

The people in the room quiet down and wait for the fairies to begin. What they hear next is quite unusual.

The song:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:19 pm

Steve is soon jumping up and down, dancing, and joining in on the song as best he can. He just loves it. When it's done he cheers, "Yeah, woo! That was the best! I wish Zelk was here!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:28 pm

Konrad just watches and smiles with a wineglass in his hand, comfortably drinking away with the assuring confidence that it will have zero consequence when he wakes up. Halfway in, he catches himself tapping his heel to the rhythm.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:35 pm

Halfway through listening to the song, Mihai remembers something. Then he tilts his head aside and tells Breeze - "I proposed to Fedler, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:49 pm

"Same!" Breeze says in response to Steve. Just like Konrad, she bops to the rhythm of the music, almost forgetting that they're in a memory and not in a mansion somewhere in Lorinth. The moment the song ends, she claps for the fairies like the people in the audience, but then stops to stare wide-eyed at Mihai when he makes his casual announcement.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Konrad turns after another sip. "Oh, congratulations!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 10:59 pm

"Wuh?!" exclaims Steve, "When did this happen!?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:02 pm

"Um..." - he starts to point at his head, but realizes that would be weird under the present circumstances and points around him instead - "When we saw her last, during one of these. Sorry, forgot to tell you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:11 pm

"It's no bother. I wondered what it was that you wanted to say to her in private. I take it that she answered 'yes'?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:13 pm

Looking at Konrad, Mihai raises his left hand, nudging the new silver-gold ring dwelling there.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:24 pm

Breeze gasps at the sight of the ring and says, "She really did!? That's... that's awesome!" She then lunges at Mihai and wraps her arms around his neck, hugging him as hard as she can. "Congratulations!"

To Steve, she then says, "Wait, you're getting married too! Everyone is getting married! Except me and Konrad. Are you getting married Konrad?!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:29 pm

Konrad laughs. "Afraid not, but I did meet someone new. I'll introduce you as soon as possible!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2023, 11:42 pm

"Well, congratulations you big lug. Just be sure to tell us sooner next time. We might have met her without knowing!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Interlude: Happy Memories   6th Interlude: Happy Memories - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Interlude: Happy Memories
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next