A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:01 am

Eni:

Kathryn can be seen blushing when John kisses her hand. "Um, yes," she answers. "Maybe you know my brother, Griffin? I've heard he's working here now."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:05 am

He smiles. "Oh yeah. Griffin and I are mates. He works as assistant scribe for the Old Man. Does he know you're coming? I don't remember him saying anything about his sister coming for a visit and he never mentioned you were knighted."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:13 am

"Oh, the knighthood is recent," she says while shyly rubing the back of her head. "But no, he doesn't know I'm coming. I wanted to surprise him and the rest of my family."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:16 am

Hunter flicks the tip of his tail and coughs into his hand. "John's my cousin by my aunt here in Harken. Haven't seen you since you were a skinny little humie. Hold that thought, we still have people to introduce."

He waves a hand at the rest.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:36 am

Jo coughs into his hand. "Well yes, I am Joshua Jordstad, though most everyone calls me Jojo or Jo. It's nice to meet you."

They clasp forearms in greeting.

"And I'm Zoe, a priestess of Avandra. Nice to meet you John." John bows to her and kisses her hand too. Zoe giggles, clearly flattered.

"It's nice to meet you too, Priestess. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to call on me."

She smirks and says, "Laying it on rather thick aren't you?"

He smiles mischievously. "Perhaps so, but you still blushed."

"Well yeah, maybe I did."

They smile at each other.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:46 am

"Alright, I think that's enough," Hunter sighs. Boy, am I glad he's not one of my brothers. Hey, think we can give our friends a tour of the Keep, Cuz?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:55 am

Carlos mumbles some sort of indiscernible annoyed gruff sigh under his breath, glancing away. His body language has become slightly more twitchy.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:58 am

John doesn't notice Carlos' change in body language, but Zoe does. She'll remember that. Meanwhile, John says, "Sure, sure. I'd be happy to show you guys around after your meeting with Stockmer. We should go see mom and the girls too. They'll be happy to see you again."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 2:18 am

"I've been recognized already. I don't think that escaping would be an option at this point," Hunter grins. "Let's walk around the courtyard for a bit, then. Introduce us to some new people, tell me how you've been getting on."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 9:34 pm

"There's not much to tell. I was hired on as a guard two years back, seemed like a good way to get out of the house. Running an inn is safer no doubt, but it's just not for me. Been training to learn me craft ever since. Mostly from Bill and the Old Man but I've also been sneaking in lessons with Robert down in the village when I can. He runs a school of sorts for the local kids."

While telling his story, John shows you guys the stables (Ludmilla elects to stay behind in the wagon) and introduces you to the human stable master Jack Bluemane and his wife Mia, a lovely half-dwarf from the village of Tor's Hold. It's a funny match because Jack is very tall (6'7") and muscular while Mia is very short as half-dwarfs go (5'1") and petite. Their daughter Sofia has her father's blue eyes but her mother's curly brown hair.

"Hello Sophia, I'm Zoe. You're so pretty. How old are you?"

"I'm seven and a half!" Sophia proudly proclaims. She shows all of you on her fingers what seven is.

Kat:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 9:48 pm

Eni:

Kathryn smiles at the little child and leans down to meet her at eye level. "And what do you want to be when you grow up Sophia? Work at the stables like your father?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 9:50 pm

"No! I'm going to be a dragon! Whoosh!" She pretends to breathe what you assume is fire all over you.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:02 pm

"Ah, that figures. You were always looking for an excuse run into the woods--good times. Gonna make a career out of it?"
__

When they run into Jack and Mia's little girl, he asks, "A dragon, huh? Are you gonna breathe fire on the knights who come to fight you and save the princess?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:06 pm

Carlos just grins, and waits to see how the conversation develops.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:16 pm

"It's fine for now. I'm hoping to get some experience and then do some traveling. Go see this world everyone always goes on about."

"No. I'm going to breathe snow like Taibi. Whoosh!" The little girl makes the whooshing at Kat again.

Mia picks up the little girl from behind and says, "Taibi is her imaginary friend."

"No she isn't mom. She's a pretty silver dragon! Whoosh, whoosh!" The little girl struggles, trying to "breathe snow" at her mother.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:23 pm

Kathryn goes along with the girl's act and pretends to feel cold from the latest attack, shivering a little. "Did Taibi teach you that?" she asks. "If so, I'll have to ask her to also teach me!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:28 pm

"Sounds like a plan, Cuz. Maybe we'll run into each other out there in a few years."
__

Hunter chuckles at the girl's antics.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:30 pm

Carlos still has the same smile - "She one of the bulky, or really slender ones?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:45 pm

"Maybe we will."

"Taibi is pretty like Mom. And way bigger than Dad! She eats four cows every day and buries bad guys in snow." The little girl flaps her arms and then says, "Whoosh!"

"Uh-huh," says Mia, "And does she fly you around?"

"No, that's daddy's job." Sophia says matter-of-factly.

"So it is my little dragon. Why not help your daddy stable these nice folk's mule." Jack takes Sophia from her mother and holds her above his head and Sophia giggles in delight and starts flapping her arms like wings.

"His name is Hot Lips and he loves apples," offers Jo with a smile.

"Apples!" says the dragon and they are gone to do just that.

Mia brushes back one of her curly locks in embarrassment and says, "It was kind of you all to humor her. Some of the village kids tease her about it."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:51 pm

Carlos shrugs kindly - "Just all part of growing up."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:53 pm

Hunter nods. "You're welcome, Mrs. Bluemane. I'm glad we could make her day."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm

"Besides, maybe she really met a dragon!" Kathryn says. "I think you should keep an eye on her, just in case she did. Until a few weeks ago, I was just a caravan guard working for the Golden River Guild. I'm now a Shiere Knight on a quest to save my Lady from an ancient curse. She even gave me the sword of General Ossandrya, the first paladin of Corellon, to help me in this quest."

She motions to the weapon hanging at her belt.

"I never thought it'd be possible, until now."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:21 pm

Hunter breathes an inaudible sigh. "And I'll have it memorized by the time we reach Fallcrest."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:22 pm

Mia looks troubled but finally says, "Ser Katheryn, I'm sure you mean well, but we don't have anything like that around here. I mean, where could she have possibly met a dragon? She spends most of her time in the castle and village and takes the occasional trip to visit her grandparents. She's never even left Harkenwold." She sounds more like she's trying to convince herself than you. "It's just a game. Why, when I was her age I had an imaginary friend named Dropsy the Donkey."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:31 pm

"Maybe you're right," Kathryn shrugs. "But it doesn't hurt to check, right?"

She smiles at the half-dwarven mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next