A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthday

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2017, 1:19 pm

6:03 PM, 27th of December
Highwind, Free Feathers

Fedler and Yen are both looking at the cooking pot in which a roasted chicken is sitting. There are many other platters and dishes on the counter, but it's the kitchen that has their full attention.

"See?" Fedler says as she points to a specific part of the fowl. "You can tell by the color it needs to stay in the oven a little while longer."

"Oh okay," Yen replies. "How much more time?"

"Probably ten more minutes. But we should keep checking just in case; dry chicken isn't very good."

As Fedler puts the cooking pot back into the oven, Velstar stands up from the couch and walks towards the window. If it wasn't for the well-placed lamps down in the street and the light coming from the other windows, there would be only darkness. Nevertheless, Velstar can still see gentle snowflakes fall towards the ground.

Someone knocks at the door.

"That must be the others," Fedler says. "Mihai, can you go take care of that?"

OOC:
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2017, 1:40 pm

"Sure."

Mihai proceeds to go open the door.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 6:06 am

Standing on the other side of the door is Steve and Zelk. The crazy couple are both dressed for the weather: Steve has added white ear muffs to his usual tricorn hat, scarf, and coat while Zelk is sporting a trapper hat lined with black rabbit fur. She is holding a jug of apple cider, and he a covered pot steaming in the cold. Mihai also notices that he is wearing his guitar in its travel case. "Hi Mihai! Oh man is it cold." He let's Zelk enter first after Mihai makes way. "Hi everyone! How's dinner coming along? I have the cheesy mashed potatoes, they just need to be reheated a little on the stove before we eat."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 8:10 am

"I'll get those. Go get warm." - he takes the food and booze off their hands and into the kitchen, while nodding them toward the heater - "Nice headgear."

"Magical boy got mashed potatoes, magical girl brought cider."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 10:14 am

"Oh, thank you," Zelk replies as she takes off her hat and coat.

Fedler and Yen appear in the corridor to welcome the two guests.

"Hi!" the little girl exclaims. "Oh, Breeze isn't with you?"

"I think she's with Konrad," Zelk explains. "I'm surprised she isn't here already."

"She will be," Fedler states with the utmost certainty. "Please, come in."

Zelk gratefully nods and joins Velstar who has already taken a seat at the table.

"Hello Zelk," the old woman says with a sly smile on her face. She then looks at the other guest. "Hello Steve. So who cooked the potatoes?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 4:34 pm

There's a knock at the door several paces later. The one knocking lets himself in, carrying little bag and a box in one arm, and a bottle in a brown sack.

"Gents," he nods to the room, "women." He smiles. Something small and blue with powerful set of lungs zips through the door.

"I have the liquor, fear not."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 8:55 pm

Mihai stares sharply at Konrad for a second, but all he ends up saying is "Shut the door".
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

Konrad's expression doesn't change as, without turning, he wordlessly fanangles the door shut with one foot.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 9:41 pm

"It was a joint effort. We both peeled the potatoes-Hey Konrad, Blue!" He waves at them. "What did you guys bring?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 9:56 pm

"Wooooooo!"

Breeze flies through the air and lands on Steve's face, giving it a big hug.

"Booze!" Breeze exclaims. "And presents!"

"Hi Breeze!" Yen says with a smile. "Hello Mr. Granger."

"Hey you two," Zelk adds.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

Mihai goes back to helping with dinner.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

Konrad winks at Yen and puts the present and the rum on the nearest table, and puts the small bag on the kitchen counter near the stove. The box is is just a brown box without any wrapping. "A little surprise dessert for the kid," he whispers conspiratorially to Fedler.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017, 12:35 am

Steve returns Breeze's hug. "I've got my present too," he whispers, before patting the strap for the guitar case.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017, 12:08 pm

It takes a short moment before Breeze understands what Steve means by that subtle gesture, but once she does, she smiles at him, gives him a thumbs up and flies away towards the couch.

"Yen, let's play a game!"

"Oh! Okay, a word game then?" the little girl replies, happy to have fun with her friend.

A little curious, Fedler examines the bag and seems tempted to look inside, but she instead turns to Konrad and murmurs to him, "Put it in that closet behind you."

Mihai realizes the only thing left to do is to set the table. Velstar seems interested in how he is going to do it.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

Mihai is puzzled at Velstar's look, but goes on to set the table.

Starts with the main plates, then the appetizer plates on top. Napkins on the left side, under the fork. Silverware for dessert in front of the plate, starting closest with knife facing left, followed by fork facing right, and finally spoon facing left. The cups are on the top right corner, just in front of the knife and to the right of the dessert silverware - bigger cups closer, followed by the smaller cups for booze.

He does it precisely enough, but not with the grace and ease of someone who's done it for very long. Once it's done, he takes a second to look at it, blinking a few times, and once he's satisfied he didn't screw up anywhere, lets out a small but decisive sigh.

Then he looks back at Velstar and raises an eyebrow, as if wondering if he met whatever expectation there was.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2017, 7:09 pm

Konrad nods and makes sure the bag is tied airtight, then opens up the closet and puts it on a high shelf inside.

Awareness 21
I feel like prying, and I take a glance around for a quick second before I close the closet door.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2017, 3:38 am

Steve carefully sets his guitar case down in a corner out of the way of the impromptu word game and finally gets around to removing his hat, ear muffs, and coat. After hanging them, he rejoins the others at the counter. "How have you guys been since the...since the funeral?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2017, 9:34 pm

OOC:

Velstar observes Mihai as he sets the table, but doesn't say a word. Once everything is in place, she looks up to him with a smile on her face, seemingly amused by what she saw. Nevertheless, she still keeps quiet.

She appears content.
_________

Konrad takes a quick look in the cabinet, and save for a few glasses and plates, there's only one thing of interest in it; a small box wrapped in colorful paper.
_________

Fedler is checking on the cooking pots on the stove while Zelk noses around the kitchen, curious as to what they are going to eat. Steve's question surprises the both of them.

"We've been good," Fedler tells him. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2017, 10:24 pm

Konrad smashes the box closes the closet and returns to the group, and hangs up his own coat. He's wearing the usual.

"That is what we should be asking you," Konrad chimes in. "Unless you need a drink first, in which case I have you covered."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2017, 8:02 pm

Steve frowns and shakes his head a little. "I honestly don't know. I've never buried anyone before. I'm sad, sure, but it's not like it's crushing or anything. I've just been focusing on my music and not really thinking about it much. I don't know, I'm more wondering if I should be doing something or feeling well, more about it than I am. I mean, I already wrote to the school asking for a transcript and a list of names from that year. There's not much else I can do right now without visiting directly. I guess I feel restless more than anything."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2017, 8:16 pm

".............." - Mihai goes somber for a moment, before just replying - "That's normal."

He looks like he might elaborate, but just leaves it at that.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2017, 8:50 pm

Konrad becomes more sedate. "We feel what we feel. Doesn't mean anything terrible, as long as she still meant something to you." He phases out for a second.

"Finding something to keep you busy would help," he advises. "Find a mode of self-expression, maybe compose something or just write about it. You could sign up for some volunteer work, or start a project. And, if you ever need a drink, you know who to call," he smiles.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2017, 9:07 pm

"Thanks guys, I will."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeFri 22 Dec 2017, 1:15 pm

Visibly relieved to learn that Steve is coping with this situation, Fedler extends her hand towards a bowl and picks up a tiny sausage wrapped in bacon held together by a toothpick.

"Here," she says. "Meat in your belly makes you jolly."

Zelk examines the appetizer and then looks back at Steve.

"Don't eat the toothpick," she warns him.

Velstar, who is still sitting at the table, chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitimeSat 23 Dec 2017, 1:24 am

"Are you sure, the inedible wooden pick is the best part." The joking mage takes a few sausages and puts one in his mouth before removing the toothpick. He smiles at Zelk while he chews and offers the other one to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The adventures of the 113th Adjunct-
Jump to: