A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthday

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 2:17 am

"Yes, it'll be a hit with all the boys. Okay, open mine next!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 4:39 pm

Yen smiles back at Mihai before turning her attention to the next gift.

Somewhat circumspect, Fedler takes the box in her hands and opens it, curious to see what Konrad has prepared for her. What she finds inside is a small replica of the house she and Yen used to live in back in Waterglass. Fedler is obviously astonished by the present, and so are Yennefer and Velstar.

"It looks the same," the little girl points out.

"Uh, you know what this is?" Zelk inquires, confused.

"This is based on their home in Waterglass," Velstar explains. "And it seems to have been woven..."

Caught unaware, it takes a few seconds for Fedler to say anything. "Uh, thank you Konrad."

The house:
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm

Steve leans in once again. "The model is highly detailed. Did you weave it yourself, Konrad?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm

"Yeah, I did. I was a little surprised myself by how accurate I was."

"You're welcome, Fedler. You could rest it on a corner table, a reminder of better days."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 10:48 pm

Fedler eyes the bookcase in the living room. "I think I know where to put it..."

Breeze approaches the small house to admire it, obviously pleased to be taller than a building. She then faces Konrad and gives him a thumbs-up.

"Just like Mihai, I've already given my gift to Fedler," Velstar announces before turning towards the masculine half of the power couple. "Who shall be next?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 10:56 pm

Mihai raises a bit of an eyebrow, but shrugs - "Well, Steve wants to go last, and..." - his look darts between Yen and Zelk for a second, then lands on... - "Breeze, dazzle time."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

"Uh?" Breeze is taken by surprise. "Oh, right!"

She runs on the table towards Velstar and tells her, "Yo Granny! You ready?"

"Of course," the old lady replies.

"Let's do it!"

With a wide grin, Velstar slowly pull something out of her right sleeve; a long and colorful scarf identical to the one that was gifted to Yen, only minutes before. Breeze grabs one end of the scarf, runs on the table towards Fedler and presents the gift to her.

"Happy birthday!" she tells her.

The hunter can't help but laugh at the surprise.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:11 pm

"Fedler and Facehugger...." - Mihai muses - "Got a nice ring to it."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

Steve joins in the laughter. He gives Breeze the double thumbs up if she looks over.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 3:57 pm

Everyone is amused by this. Fedler accepts the present with a smile and puts it around her neck.

"Thank you Breeze," she says. "I should have seen that one coming."

"Eh, I'm glad you like it," the fairy says while scratching the back of her head. "Oh no, we're almost out of gifts, right?"

She seems sad that it's almost over, but she quickly recovers and turns to Mihai.

"So who's next!?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 3:58 pm

"Yelk."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm

Breeze tilts her head. "Who that?"

Yen giggles, while Zelk simply smiles.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 4:10 pm

"You'll see."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 7:05 pm

Steve looks at Yen and then Zelk. "Going to keep us in suspense then?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 7:09 pm

"Just like Mihai said, you'll see," Zelk replies. "Now shush."

Fedler grabs the last present from Mihai's hands, which is wrapped in a brown paper bag. Not knowing what to expect from Yen and Zelk, she briefly glances at them before she puts her hand in the bag. What she finds inside is a small wooden lyre, one that she could bring with her while travelling.

"Ooooh!" Breeze approaches the instrument and begins to examine it from up close.

For a moment, the hunter is too dumbfounded to say anything. Then she looks at Yen and asks,

"How did you...?"

"I found it in storage at the Citadel," the girl shyly explains. "I asked Silver if I could take it though."

"And I found a restorer," Zelk adds. "It looks as good as new, doesn't it?"

"Do you like it?" Yen asks. She seems worried.

Fedler doesn't reply immediately. Then, a warm smile appears on her face, and she says, "Yes, I like it a lot. Thank you."

Yennefer is visibly relieved to hear that.

The gift:
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 7:13 pm

Mihai quietly admires the gift, and Fedler's reaction. Then something crosses his mind, and though he holds it back he looks hesitant, as if fighting back the urge to say something.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 7:37 pm

"Oh we have to take that for a spin. What do you say, Red?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 8:12 pm

Fedler looks back and forth between Steve and her new lyre. She presses down on a few strings, producing a few clear notes, and then says, "Eventually, yes. I'll need to relearn how to play first; last time I played was at Sean's place, and only for a few minutes."

She continues to play a few notes out the lyre.

"It's perfectly tuned," she notices.

"Good," Zelk says. "I'm glad to hear the restorer did a good job."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

"I think you are too hard on yourself, Fedler. I bet it will come back quickly. But speaking of music, it's time for my gift." He stands up and grabs his guitar case from the corner where he stowed it, opens it up, and begins tuning the instrument. "No point in hiding what my presents are, I figured the tuning would make it rather obvious. If one of you wouldn't mind grabbing me a chair, I would be very grateful if you'd set it up in front of everyone."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 11:16 pm

Mihai grabs a chair and props it in front of him - "Take it away, Stevie Wonder."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2018, 11:19 pm

"Thank you kindly, Mihai, but it will be a little bit yet." Steve takes a seat and starts a fast warm up.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jan 2018, 12:57 am

"Do we have time to set up the game?" Konrad ribs.

"You'll have to rehearse for a duet sometime, that would really complete this."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jan 2018, 1:24 am

Steve grins. "Why leave the practice to us? You could get in some weaving too. Maybe learn how to bake?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jan 2018, 1:25 am

"I'd love to bake!" Breeze says.

Fedler gives her a worried look.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jan 2018, 1:40 am

"'Learn to bake'? Heck no, I'll have Breeze learn that. She should start practicing something for a change. Fedler can teach her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The adventures of the 113th Adjunct-
Jump to: