A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthday

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 9:56 pm

"Angry? No no, just embarrassed. She'll come around. Do you want to play with your board game?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 10:32 pm

"Um, okay." He waits patiently for her to collect herself. That's when he notices he still has his guitar. He doesn't want to leave but doesn't think he should be holding it either. Zelk will find him pondering what to do with it when she opens the door.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm

"Hmm." Yen ponders, but then turns around and shouts down the hallway, "Steve? Are you going to sing again?"
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 10:59 pm

He shouts back down the hall. "The plan is to play one more song for you. I don't want to leave Zelk out though."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 11:11 pm

"One more song for you, uh?" Fedler says with a smile directed at Yen.

"Lucky you!" Breeze adds.

The little girl seems happy to hear that.

Zelk comes out of the room, her face now of the right color. She timidly looks at Steve and tells him, "I'm fine now."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 11:13 pm

"Hey, look I know I get carried away sometimes. I'm sorry if I intolerably embarrassed you."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 11:25 pm

Zelk avoids Steve's gaze for an instant and as she begins to walk towards the living room, she whispers, "It was a nice song."

Miss Freeron is now back with the rest of the group.

"Feeling better?" Velstar asks.

"Much bettter," the lieutenant replies as she sits down.

"Steve!" Breeze stands up on the table and waves at her friend. "I wanna hear the other song!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 11:45 pm

Steve sighs in relief and follows Zelk back down the hall before sitting down at his chair again. "Okay, one song coming up." He begins tuning the guitar again. It doesn't take long. "Alrighty, here we go. This song is about that time at the beach back in Walkerfree. The one I wrote to you about. We all can't take you there physically just yet, but maybe I could get you there another way."

He begins lightly strumming the strings and closes his eyes. "Close your eyes. Breathe deep. Hear the sound of the ocean. The call of the gull and the sound of the wind as it blows over it all. Can you hear it?"

He begins playing in earnest.

Steve is way more relaxed this time as he plays. His heart is really in it.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2018, 11:59 pm

Mihai listens quietly. When it's over, he quips to Yen - "So, you've got a theme song now."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:02 am

Yennefer enjoys the melody with an innocent smile, flattered that Steve is putting so much effort into this. Just like before, Velstar listens to the song with her eyes closed and Breeze cradles herself to the rhythm of the music. This time however, the fairy seems close to falling asleep and it takes a nudge from Fedler to ensure that doesn't happen. Zelk is much more relaxed now, and so is Fedler.

When the melody ends, there's a round of applause around the table. Yen turns towards Mihai and beams at his comment. "Really!?"

The idea delights her.

"Thank you Steve!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:03 am

At the end, Konrad lifts his head and opens his eyes. "You've outdone yourself, sir."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:15 am

Steve smiles. "You're welcome, Yen. I'm glad you like it enough to make it your official theme song. Heh, my first one. Also, thank you everyone. I'm glad you are enjoying my music. It makes all the work worth it when I see you guys are happy." He stands up and puts his guitar back in the case and locks it up. He then returns it to the corner, out of the way and then returns the chair back to its spot before finally taking his place back in his original seat. (couch or whatever)
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:32 am

"Oh, let's play Lords of Firepool!" Breeze exclaims as she flies up and then lands on Yen's shoulder. "It says that only five players can play at a time, so me and Yen are gonna team up."

"Team up?" Zelk asks in a apprehensive tone.

"Of course! It's only fair; we're both a lot smaller than any of you!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

Steve grins. "It matters not what you do, foolish fairy! The Red Hands of Doom will control Firepool!" He does a super cheesy villain laugh and claims the Red Hands and their respective red pieces when presented.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 12:45 am

Konrad just gives his two comrades the weirdest look he can muster. "How, and why? Nevermind, that is between you and not me. But it is a lovely tune."

Konrad smirks at Breeze. "I believe it's more than fair, they are both indeed 'smaller'. Here, I'll cut the deck."

At this point, Konrad pretends to know how to play, otherwise learning by watching the other players.

Deception Nat 20 (30)
Pretending I know how to play, while I learn to play
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 6:55 am

"Huh..." - Mihai looks melancholic for a moment, then hesitant, but shakes it off - "So, how do you play this?" - he asks Yen
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 8:20 pm

Yen's answer is chirpy and immediate. "I don't know."

"Gimme some time," Breeze interrupts as she sits down and begins to read the booklet of rules. "I'll figure it out. And watch yourself Snowstorm, I'm not done with you!"

Breeze is so busy explaining the rules to everyone and keeping everything organized that she can't play the game with Yen, so Fedler naturally steps in and teams up with her little girl. Zelk joins the game as the fifth player and seems delighted at the prospect of beating Steve at a tabletop game.

Due to the nature of the game, it is unclear who is winning and by turn four, Breeze declares that she needs a break.

"I wanna get some of that cider!" she says.

"Not too much," Fedler warns her. "We need you sober to keep the game going."

"Of course. I'm the very model of moderation!"

Cue some dubious looks from everyone.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018, 8:27 pm

Steve springs into action. "I could use some cider as well. Why don't I pour us some? Would anyone else like a little?" He moves to do just that, making sure to keep everyone at a half-glass.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm

"I'd like some," Fedler replies. "And some apple juice for Yen."

"I'll have some cider," Zelk says.

"If you're offering..." Velstar grins.

Just as Steve walks towards the kitchen to prepare the beverages, Fedler and Yen both look at the window near the balcony and notice a familiar creature looking back at them. Steve and Konrad also notice it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jan 2018, 11:49 pm

"I myself will have another drink from the mystery bottle in the brown bag." Konrad pours himself another cup of rum. "But don't get excited, I plan to remain plenty alert for this game!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jan 2018, 11:56 pm

"Got it." He pours the requested drinks and begins handing them out. When he notices the face at the window he looks at it and decides to try a thing. He pours some cider into a bowl and walks it over to the sliding glass door. He carefully leaves it on the balcony and says, "Here, Florolf. You can have some if you want it."

He'll rejoin the others around the board with his own cider.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jan 2018, 12:03 am

Lost in thought, Steve finally snaps him out of it, and he looks at the window - "Steve, he usually bolts when anyone but Fedler gets too close."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jan 2018, 12:07 am

It's too late, the creature has already left the window the moment Steve opened the door. If he looks around, the black mage realizes that Florolf has moved up to the roof and is peeking down at him with curious eyes. Once Steve joins the others, Yen asks him, "Is he gone?"

The answer interests both Velstar and Zelk.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jan 2018, 12:10 am

"He did move away, but he was watching me from the roof. Maybe he'll have some, maybe he won't, but I hope he won't run off so much if he sees we don't mean any harm."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jan 2018, 12:25 am

Breeze responds with a cheerful tone. "Well, I hope he sticks around. We could become friends!"

"Mom?" Yen faces Fedler. "How do we know Florolf is a boy?"

"Eh..." The hunter hesitates for a second. "I checked."

"You checked?"

"...Yes."

"Oh okay."

The little girl takes her glass of juice and happily drinks from it. After letting out a chuckle, Zelk stands up and tells everyone, "If you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The adventures of the 113th Adjunct-
Jump to: