A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthday

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Dec 2017, 2:19 am

Konrad picks a sausage from the bowl to try it. "I cannot wait for that chicken to be done, I am absolutely famished. Would anyone like some that cider?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Dec 2017, 10:08 am

"Not before dinner."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

Fedler watches Zelk as she takes the tooth-picked sausage from Steve's hand to eat it.

"Hmm," Zelk exclaims. "Pretty good."

"Looks like dinner already has started," Fedler comments with a smile. "Mihai, can you help me pick up the glasses from the table and-"

Before Mihai can react, Velstar has already gotten up her seat to exactly do that.

"Oh, thank you Silver."

"My pleasure," the old woman says before she turns to face Steve. "How about you serve everyone? It's your cider after all."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Dec 2017, 3:25 am

"You got it." Steve pulls the cork and begins pouring glasses of cider for the adults. "Did you want some Breeze? This is the alcoholic variety. Should be on par with a blonde ale (meaning the 4 to 5 percent of alcohol range)."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Dec 2017, 6:01 am

Konrad shrugs and is about to pour himself a glass of his own rum, when someone mentions dinner. "You got it," says Steve when asked if he'd like to pour the first round of cider, mentioning to Breeze that it's hard.

"Wonderful! I've been sober all day."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Dec 2017, 10:13 am

Breeze turns her attention towards the adults when she hears Steve's offer, but doesn't give an immediate answer as she usually would. Instead, she briefly glances at Yen, and after a short moment of consideration she says with a perky voice, "Nah, thank you. We'll have some apple juice instead!"

"Yeah!" Yen affirms. "Can I get a big glass?"

"Sure," Fedler replies. "Just be careful with it."

As the redhead takes a glass out of a cabinet, Konrad notices a change in Velstar's behavior; her body is a little bit more tense and she is now looking out the window next to the balcony. When he follows her gaze, he can see a small creature with white fur and very big ears sitting outside in the snow. There is a red horn on its forehead, and it is lazily wagging its tail.

Konrad has never seen anything like this before, but has recently heard rumors of such encounters.

The strange creature:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

Steve finishes pouring the cider and hands them out. Once everyone has a cup he raises his and says "Cheers" before he starts sipping his.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 9:24 pm

*Multiple Jack intensifies*

Konrad sips his cider without shifting his gaze from the creature. He waits for everyone else to drink. "Nobody look all at once, but we have a guest outside the window."

He starts signing Scan with deliberate motions.

spell:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:07 pm

Fedler and Zelk manage not to look at the window; however, the Freeron heir's training kicks in and her muscles tense up. Breeze is momentarily distracted from her word game and looks at the window.

Velstar hasn't moved.

Konrad begins to cast a spell, which every adult in this room (and Breeze) know or deduce to be Scan. The white furred creature notices what the red mage is doing and instead of jumping off the window, simply disappears from sight. In the blink of an eye, it is simply gone.

Steve and Mihai only:
Konrad only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

For a moment, all color seems to flush out of Konrad. He quickly covers up by taking a deep drought of the cider, and when he brings the glass down, his face is twisted in frustration.

"Argh dammit, it got away!" He looks to Breeze and throws a hand up in exasperation. "I said not to look."

Deception
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm

Steve was careful not to look. "What were we not looking at? Did you Scan it?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm

Suspecting what it is, Mihai casually sweeps the room (Stealth 31, Deception 17) until his eyes land on Florolf. Then Florolf vanishes. Then Mihai realizes why it vanished and looks back at Konrad, restraining himself just enough from saying a four letter word.

Kolson wrote:
Steve was careful not to look. "What were we not looking at? Did you Scan it?"

"The house mascot. Almost thought it might come in this time." - Mihai explains, hiding his irritation.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:25 pm

"Mascot? What mascot? What is it? What does it look like?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

"Like a cat-dog with really big ears, long tail and a ruby horn. Comes by to eat snacks sometimes, but only trusts Fedler."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm

"It was too fast. 'Mascot'? Right. How long as your fox friend been hanging around?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:31 pm

"What does it matter?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm

"Oh!" Breeze exclaims. "What was that!? It looked so cute!"

"Uh? What was it?" Yen asks.

Mihai proceeds to explain to the little girl what she saw.

"Oh, that was Florolf then!"

"Yes, I think it was," Fedler affirms and then turns to answer Konrad. "For a few months now. It-" She stops mid-sentence and gives a worried look at the red mage. "...Are you okay?"

Zelk listens attentively to the conversation while Velstar has gone to the window to examine the place where Florolf sat.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:47 pm

"I'm alright, just feeling a little drained. I think I went overboard."

"So it has a name, now?" Konrad shrugs. "It's a creature new to the islands, like the fairies and...other things, and it appears to have taken notice of you. It matters in the sense that if it's been hanging out for months and eating out of your hand, its interest in you could be benign at worst."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 10:57 pm

Mihai eyes Konrad suspiciously after Fedler's remark, but decides to bury it for the time being - "Good to know." - He finally takes a swig of cider.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm

"Indeed, I'd like to hear more about it over dinner. Speaking of which, I am famished!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec 2017, 12:51 am

"I wouldn't mind hearing more about Florolf." Steve takes a seat and sips his cider. "Is it a guy or a girl? Does it talk or understand our speech? What does it like to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec 2017, 12:15 pm

"Well..." Fedler begins to say, somewhat overwhelmed, but she is suddenly interrupted by Yen.

"Oh Mom!" The little girl says with an anxious tone. "Don't forget the chicken!"

"Uh? Oh, right!"

Fedler immediately turns around to look into the oven while Velstar walks back from the window and sits onto her chair.

"Is it truly gone?" Zelk inquires.

"Yes," the old woman confirms. "The way it left... I've never seen anything like it."

"Hmm..." The lieutenant ponders for an instant and then turns towards Fedler. "It won't attack us, right?"

"It won't, don't worry about it," Fedler replies, still kneeling in front of the oven.

"Good to know. Need a hand?"

"No, thank you." She meets Zelk's gaze and smiles at her. "I don't think Mihai would allow it."

"Oh?" Zelk faces Mihai, seemingly waiting for him to confirm this statement.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec 2017, 12:38 pm

"Mm?" - he's taken by surprise, and his gaze darts awkwardly between the two of them - "Uh, i need you to keep an eye on Steve, in case he decides to cast fireworks. Landlady was really specific about that, for some reason." - he manages, a little uncomfortable to be on the spot, and moves over to the stove.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec 2017, 4:03 pm

"The inexorable Mihai jumped by a rabid fox? Now that I would like to see!" Konrad laughs. "It probably could, the way it scampered off just now."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec 2017, 6:54 pm

"When she puts it like that all I hear is 'Make more fireworks for old lady.' I don't think she thought that through very well." He's mostly joking. Probably. He says to Zelk, "We should see who can make the best fireworks!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The adventures of the 113th Adjunct-
Jump to: