A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthday

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 12:32 am

"Go ahead and try it!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 12:44 am

Yen observes the cupcake with some confusion, and so do everyone else except Velstar, who seems to have figured out what it is. The old woman gives a knowing smile to the little girl, encouraging her to take a bite, which she does.

"Hmm...?" Yen's face lights up. "It's like Mrs. Forfreet's cupcakes!"

Fedler's eyes widen in surprise.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 12:47 am

"From Waterglass, right? That's a very sweet gift, Konrad." Steve is clearly impressed.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 12:50 am

"Alright, next up..." - Mihai looks through the boxes - "Magical Girl Zelk has something for you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 12:52 am

Right, that was her name. "That's right! Nothing like a taste of home to sate your nostalgia."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:10 am

Yen takes the next present in her hands; a small jewelry box in which a ring could easily fit. What she finds inside is a small orb, but quite different from the love globules Breeze makes. Its exterior surface is clearly made of glass, and the inside is full of spatial energy, allowing the owner to see the night sky at any time of the day.

"It's called a night-eye," Zelk explains. "Sailors use it to find their way when they're at sea."

"Thank you," Yen says, a little bashful. She didn't expect that kind of gift from someone she knows so little of.

"You're as practical as ever Zelk," Velstar points out.

"Oh, shush," Zelk replies, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:12 am

"That and its hella cool. You can see through all kinds of things when you look through that. Right Zelk?" Steve's eyes twinkle mischievously.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:19 am

Zelk rolls her eyes. "This is technically correct, yes. Except the Dome."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:25 am

Konrad's eyes flit toward Steve at the word "hella".

"Already grooming for recruitment, Lady Freeron?" Konrad asks with a twinkle in his saucy gaze.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:27 am

"I'm starting to feel inadequate here." - he checks the remaining boxes - "Let's see if Silver can top it."

Mihai hands Yen Velstar's present.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:47 am

The third gift is something that resembles a snow globe, but the inside is completely empty. This leaves Yennefer perplexed for a second, right until Velstar puts a finger on it and colorful lights appear inside.

"If you focus magic in it," the teacher reveals, "you can create all sorts of floating lights. Even move them if you want to."

"Oooh!" Yen is fascinated by this.

Fedler smiles, apparently recognizing this object.

Steve only:
Konrad only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:51 am

"Looks like it requires a lot of focus, for someone untrained."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 1:53 am

"Yeah, they are great practice. You are very fortunate, I had to borrow mine." His good natured laugh shows that he didn't mind the arrangement.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:02 am

Velstar turns towards Konrad. "Yes it does. But it is worth it." She then faces Steve and smiles. "I do wonder where that globe is right now."

Yen lifts her eyes from the present. "Thank you Silver."

Yen takes another bite of her cupcake, and attempts to produce light within the globe. Only a spark appears.

Zelk reassures her. "You'll get there."
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

"Setting the bar high, aren't you." - he checks the last two boxes - "Next one..." - he pauses for a moment, a little awkward - "what the..." - he hands her the box - "Yen, could you hold this for a second?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:06 am

To Vel Steve says, "If I had to guess, and keep in mind this is only a guess, I would say it's safely stored away inside of a sock in a trunk somewhere. You know, if I had to guess." His eyes twinkle again.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

Velstar's smile doesn't fade. She then turns and focuses her attention on her young student who's doing as Mihai says.

"Okay." Yen examines the box, and then takes it in her hands. The moment she does, Breeze emerges from the top of the box, her wings deployed.

"Tadaa!" she shouts, but immediately realizes that she's made a mistake. "Oh wait! I'm not the present! Well, not really. One moment please!"

The fairy flies back into the box and pulls out a cute doll, one as tall as her.

"There you go! This is from Mihai!"

Yen's face lights up.

Blue Doll:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:16 am

"Silly little thing."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

"She's adorable. Does she have a name yet?" He looks at Mihai and then at Breeze.
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 2:28 am

"Uh... Breeze Mk.II?" - Mihai ventures awkwardly - "Anyway, eyes and the tongue glow in the dark. I, uh... had to pester the weaver a bit get the tongue right. Breeze had to do the face. Was kinda funny, actually."

He looks on expectantly for Yen's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

Yen takes the doll in her little hands and starts flicking the tongue. She lets out a chuckle, looks up at Mihai and says, "Thank you."

"It's awesome, isn't it? Mihai was really insistent that the doll-" Breeze stops mid-sentence, having spotted the other presents. Fascinated, she quickly briskly moves over to them and begins to admire the night-eye. "Wicked!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017, 8:46 pm

"It... they could have made it more lifelike, but i just figured you already have the real thing flying around. And, well... i just imagined it in my head and thought it looked nice."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2018, 8:23 pm

"She's fun to look at," Yen tells Mihai, amused by the doll. "Oh, I'll get Princess One-Eye!"

The little girl gets up from her seat and hurries to her room, which causes Zelk to raise an eyebrow at Fedler.

"Princess One-Eye...?" she repeats.

"It's her other doll," the redhead explains with a soft voice. "Her mother gave it to her."

Yennefer is soon back in the kitchen with the other doll, this one looking a little more realistic than the other. As its name implies, one of its eyes is gone and the resulting hole has been sewn closed. Yen attempts to place the two dolls in a sitting position on the table and put their arms around each other's shoulder.

"I see they've become friends," Velstar says.

Yen nods energetically. "Yup!"

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2018, 8:30 pm

Steve lightly elbows Zelk and watches the little girl set up her dolls. "Hey, not bad. They look good together. Right?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2018, 8:37 pm

The young woman unconsciously reaches for her necklace and her fingers begin to play with the small sapphire embedded in it. "Yeah, they do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday   Birthday - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthday
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The adventures of the 113th Adjunct-
Jump to: