A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:18 am

"Well well! So it can be taught!" Konrad grins. "Amazing!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:19 am

"Good work, you two," says Steve giving them a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:20 am

Fluffle smiles at Steve while Segel is too captivated by this new sensation to even notice.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:23 am

Mihai looks more positive - "Normally i'd be able to just pluck it out and show it to you, but the one Edward jammed in there is stuck in with mine. If it weren't for my Orb's protection, i'd be someone else entirely right now, probably following Edwards orders. And more importantly..." - he focuses his voice - "Everyone working for Edward will have one too. In Myr, we had no way to tell who they were until one of them played their hand. In Emerald, we may have no way at all until it's too late. Unless somehow, i could count on you guys' help to pick them out."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:37 am

Segel focuses his attention back to Mihai when he talks to him and furrows his brow the more he hears about this Edward and what he has in store for the party members. "So this bad man, Edward, controls Fedler with an orb and also kidnapped Fluffle's girlfriend? Is that right?"

"Yeah," Amber answers. "And he's trying to control even more people in Emerald. That's the gist of it anyway."

"If I may," Femke suddenly says, raising a hand. "I would like to remind you of one passage of one the letters you found in Narrowfist."

Letter:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:40 am

Mihai nods - "You mean Drop Point E3? I've been thinking about that, but i don't know how we could find out where it is."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:48 am

"This is not what I meant. Unless I am mistaken, your plan to find Edward's agents hinges on one crucial factor: that they will have their orb inside their heads when one of the fairies checks on them. What if they've already removed it?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:50 am

"You're right. But i'm hoping they'll keep them on till the day of the actual operation. If they have to put them in someone else, they'll want their memory to be as up to date as possible."

Femke nods in response and sits back in her chair, having said everything she meant to share.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 1:55 am

"'E3'?" Konrad forgot about that part. "Oh, thank you. That doesn't sound like a set of coordinates. They probably wouldn't have written them down for anyone to find, anyway. Does 'E3' mean anything to you, Femke?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 9:54 pm

"Nothing that would be relevant to these orbs, no."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:02 pm

"It is talking about a specific place, we just don't have the context to figure out where it is," says Steve with a shrug. "So what next? We still going to walk around and get the lay of the land first when we arrive?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:09 pm

"Yes, a lay of the land and a lay of the culture. And a change of clothes would be nice, just to fit in there. I never spent any time inland, so I can't tell you anything beyond what I've learned from a resupply visit."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:15 pm

Mihai thinks for a moment - "Duchess was found out to be a Green Mage what, maybe a year ago now? Leaves enough time to plan an operation, but not enough to plant..." - Mihai stops himself, thinks back to something else - "If all vessels die, pick up my orb..."

Mihai hangs in that statement, looking at the party to see if they're noticing what he is.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:21 pm

Konrad picks up on it after Mihai's quote. "There's more than one of Edward's 'plants' in Emerald! Likely in positions of leadership or wealth."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:27 pm

He twitches - "Maybe not at the time that he wrote this, and maybe not even Edward. But whoever this is, he can just go around maybe a day or two before the Ball and just shove his Orb into whoever he wants. Victim won't need coercing, convincing, coordinating. He can make the whole plan in his head, then all he needs is multiply it by whoever he thinks is better placed. The Duchess' cook, security chief... heck, her daughter. It's all a matter of who he can get two minutes alone with."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:38 pm

Amber, Fluffle and Segel look deeply troubled by this idea, while Femke joins her hands together and frowns while she mulls over this new element. Florolf has even woken up and is looking at them from atop his pillow.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:44 pm

"This is quickly becoming more and more complicated." Steve leans back and sips his tea before continuing, "That means we could find ourselves quickly outnumbered and betrayed on this one. We're gonna need some more muscle on standby. And a way to screen for this somehow."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:49 pm

"We have muscles!" Amber exclaims. "Lots of them, hanging out on deck!"

Even from here, the party members can hear the Myrzen warriors chatting and laughing on deck.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 10:59 pm

"Yeah, we do..." - Mihai looks pensive - "Depending on how many days are left before the Ball, this could end up down to stopping them at the event herself. That would be..." - he shakes his head - "We're not even invited. If we were, we couldn't take this to the Duchess. And if it comes down to a fight between her and Edward's guy... I thought of a last-ditch contingency, but... it's spotty at best."

He involuntarily looks at Florolf.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:07 pm

"...So? What is it?!" Amber asks, pushing into her brother's arm.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:16 pm

"Well, we know the Shroud will eat any Magic passing into it. Took Konrad's spell, Wanda's buffs... what happens if the Duchess is being controlled by the Elemental and Florolf and i yank her into the Shroud?" - he pauses to check himself - "If a fight breaks out, and we have to stop it short on our terms, that might work. If we break it's hold, we can get her out of the area without the Vessel being able to touch her. But... it's all theory, there's no way to know for sure."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:34 pm

Konrad fiddles with a cigar. "It's possible. Elementals are magical creatures, but we have no knowledge of their relation to the Shroud. But we do have two solutions to the party invite. If Brutus is attending, we could offer to join him. Or, we could visit the Myrzen embassy. We have to get a letter to Nadzieja to inform her of what we've noticed, this revelation and whatever else we might learn by the time we arrive. If the embassy has petitioned for an invite, which is unlikely to be rejected, I'm sure they would be warm to the idea of letting us tag along."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:36 pm

"I vote for the one that doesn't indebt us to the psychopath. Though if we make a mess at the Ball in Myr's name, well... not sure even our Boons would cover that."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:55 pm

Steve nods at Konrad, "That's a solid plan. But we might also be able to score an invite of our own. I mean, we are famous now, right? We could just embrace it and see what happens. I get the feeling laying low on this one might not be possible in any case given our recent activities.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021, 11:58 pm

Konrad smiles. "Works for me. I prefer it that way, honestly, but I think you knew that already."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next