A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2021, 11:25 pm

"Well, I'm still hungry so I'm heading to the galley." Steve stands up and adds, "Coming, Fluffle?"

"The galley sounds good," the fairy replies before landing on Steve's shoulder. "Maybe you can tell me more about this Jasmine you were talking about."

"Deal, buddy." Steve holds his fist up for Fluffle to bump as he walks them out the cabin, which the little fairy happily does.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2021, 11:26 pm

Mihai walks out of the cabin. Using his legs, as opposed to his newfound power.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:08 am

Title TBD:

Whilst carousing and getting to know the crew, Konrad finds Brutus Sharp and offers him to dine in the captain's cabin, along with his bodyguards. He makes the offer to the spokesperson for the elite warriors from Nadia's personal retinue - she declines, and it's no bother, the special invite merely being a formality. Next Konrad pulls Steve aside to invite him, and while the black mage would prefer to be writing songs and planning his capers, he agrees to come along and provide support. Konrad then flags Segel down and requests that he have his family timely prepare a meal from their fresh food stores, starting with the good stuff Konrad bought out of his own pocket, and supplementing it with Myrzen pike caught fresh from the ocean. The fairies are more than delighted to help, enjoying their pastime of cooking, fishing, and earning a little extra money on the side.

Konrad chooses the 412 Lorinthian Red, a good vintage. With everything prepared, the glasses and the plates laden with entrees set out minutes before the appointed mealtime, and a corkscrew placed on hand, the bold red mage waits for his guests to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:19 am

The light has just begun softening into sunset when Steve bursts through the door, quickly looks around Konrad's cabin, and exclaims, "Food!" He slams the door behind him and walks further in to greet the good captain. "Yo! Nice spread."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:27 am

Shaken from his vigil, Konrad nods with a smile. "Thanks. I'm no master butler, but I've been to a lot of fancy dinners and I wanted to make the effort. So, do you need a refresher?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:32 am

"Couldn't hurt," says Steve, talk of the plan dragging his focus away from the food.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:42 am

"Alright. Let's sit. Konrad takes a seat in his chair. "Like I said earlier, I want to understand this person better. My impression so far is that he's shrewd, opportunistic, cold-blooded, and greedy, but he's also a smart man. I could be wrong about these things, but I also want to know what makes him tick. I want to tease information out of him too, if we can. I noticed that you have a rare gift for this sort of thing."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:48 am

"Aw, shucks," says Steve, genuinely pleased at the compliment. "I might be able to do that, but I'll have to take a different approach. My last one would only work on someone without a lot of social experience."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:57 am

"Good, I've been a little nervous over that all day. Just so we're clear, this is just a personal favor to Mihai and Fedler. Technically, giving Mihai some piece of mind would help us both, but... you know what I mean."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 12:58 am

Just as he says those words, someone knocks on the door.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 1:05 am

Just a tad startled, Konrad gets out of his chair. Steve gives him the double thumbs up and a nervous grin, before locking everything down and turning back towards the door, ready to greet their guests. Konrad nods back and gets into character, swaggering around the table with that confident little grin.

The red mage calls out beyond the door, "Enter!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 1:31 am

Brutus Sharp enters the cabin and greets the two mages with a charming smile. "Ah! Captain Granger! So good to see you again."

The well-groomed and clean-shaven man approaches the captain and firmly shakes his hand, happy to be here with them. He dons the same outfit as the one he had this morning, which consists of a white shirt worn under a black jacket with six buttons, a pair of pants that complements his waxed shoes, and to cap it all off, a blue tie with a herringbone pattern.

"And Mr. Oldturn," he says, turning to the black mage to shake his hand. "What a pleasure to be here. I've heard so much about you."

Two other men behind him step into the room and proceed to examine every corners of it. Although they are wearing civilian clothes at the moment and don't appear to be carrying weapons of any kind, their stances and demeanor indicate they've received martial training of some kind. They also appear to be of the same age as Konrad; maybe they're even a little younger.

"Is Mihai not with you?" Brutus asks, looking around the room. "I apologize for the familiarity, but I don't know his surname. It seems he made a point not to use it during the Tournament."

Brutus Sharp:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 1:42 am

Konrad returns the handshake in equal firmness. "He was disinclined to acquiesce to my invite. I made the same offer to our retinue of Myrzen fighters, but her answer was the same. I hope you aren't put off. She was very clear her decline being a matter of principle. After your recent visit to our island, I'm sure you understand."

He glances in the direction of the men examining the room. "Gentlemen, please. You have my personal assurance that you'll find no shenanigans afoot within my cabin."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 1:47 am

"Some of it might even be true!" exclaims Steve with a grin, returning the handshake.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 1:55 am

"You two; stop looking at the place like vultures. We wouldn't want to offend our gracious host."

The two bodyguards nod at their employer and the one on the left says, "Yes, sir," before turning to Konrad. "We apologize for our rudeness, Captain Granger."

"It's a true honor to be here with you tonight," Brutus continues. "It's not everyday that I get the chance to dine with Champions of the Arena!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 2:11 am

Konrad smiles and feels himself grow at the compliment. Yes, Champions. What a thing to aspire to in one's adolescence, shrug off like a flight of fancy, and then come into by a string of events of varying degrees of fortune. Some negative, some he would rather do without. Almost as if it was fated. But he knew his guest was trying to massage the ego.

"Any more praise like that, and I'll turn red, and we haven't even opened the bottle," the ex-criminal jokes. "I would be a very poor host indeed if I wasn't obliged as captain, but thank you. I'm flattered that you feel honored. Please, come and sit."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 2:19 am

"Ah, yes. Thank you."

The three guests takes their seat at the table and begin to eye the hors d'oeuvres laid out on the table.

"I must say, this looks succulent. Is it your fairy crew that cooked all of this for us?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 2:34 am

"Yes, they are a family of many talents, fortunately for us and our stomachs," says Steve, always happy to talk about his friends. "Is this the first time you've had fairy-prepared food?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 9:52 pm

"Oh, it most certainly is. I must admit, I'm a little confounded by how quickly the fairies have integrated into our society. Nobody knows where they've come from or why they're here—not even the fairies themselves—and yet we've accepted them like they've always belonged here. Why is that?"

Brutus leans forward, interested to hear the party members' opinion on the subject.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 10:12 pm

Konrad's eyebrows pop a little. "'Why'? They don't seem imminently dangerous to me. Contrast them with the sudden surge of magic during the Flood. The islands felt that they needed a whole philosophy. Not to mention the laws and principles by which each island contains and controls the chaotic power of raw magic. More dire circumstances forced us to adapt quickly, more stringently, no?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 10:38 pm

"Oh, please don't misunderstand me. I do not believe that fairies are any more dangerous than your average human being. I am merely curious as to what makes them trustworthy in your eyes. You've hired a whole family of them to crew your ship, after all." The businessman then gestures to the appetizers and asks, "May I?"

Once Konrad motions for him to go ahead, he grabs a canapé from a tray and eats it whole. "Hmm! This is succulent. Just as I imagined it would be."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 10:40 pm

Deception to sense motive here. Is he being honest with this or retreating a bit?

Deception 29
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 10:49 pm

Steve:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 10:57 pm

Steve can't help it, he grabs a canape of his own and takes a bite. "Oh, it's so good!" He happily finishes it in one more bite and pushes the plate closer to Brutus' security people so they can try some too. "It sounds like you lot travel around a lot, Brutus, what with Myr and now Emerald. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Mar 2021, 11:00 pm

Konrad eats an appetizer and picks up the corkscrew, and starts working on the wine bottle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald   Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - En route to Emerald
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next